“OK, but definately not #2” 3 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“OK, but definately not #2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stay in Birmingham regularly and have stayed in a number of places as I'm seeking a favorite. My primary one was booked so I tried this one. While it's an alright hotel, it's definately not #2. It feels a bit older, has one of the older widow heating/cooling units. In my room the bath sink is part of the bedroom so if you have one person getting up and ready while the other is still sleeping, that could be an issue. Also in my room the TV is also off center from the bed and not so easy to watch from bed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
bwcarlton, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
To our recent guest,

I am sorry to hear that we did not blow you away! It is our hope to provide superiour customer care, a clean room, and outstanding service to all of our guests. While you did enjoy your stay, we regret that we were not able to win you over. We are in the process now of doing more minor renovations- New lights in all rooms and hallways. It has really brightened the appearance of our halls!

We hope to have you with us again,

Chris Nelson and the Best Western Plus Staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

When looking at hotels, I stumbled on this one. I was hoping someone would write about the things included in the hotel like the gym or pool which interest me. Now hopefully my review will help someone. The gym is basic: treadmill, bike, and 3 upper body machines. The indoor pool isn't that big and goes from 3 ft to 5 ft. Not much for laps! The rooms are nice (mini suites). Microwave, fridge, 2 tvs, spacious bathroom counter, pull out couch as an extra bed, clean overall. Free breakfast buffet. Nice staff. I would come again.

• Stayed July 2011
To our Amenity Searchers,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone on tripadvisor know what to expect in our hotel. You nailed everything on the head, you only missed one item, we also have a HUGE stairstepper in the fitness center, and 3 upper/ lower body machines. We hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Chris Nelson and the Best Western Plus Staff
New Palestine, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I booked this hotel knowing nothing about the area and wanting to get a safe, clean place for our one night stopover on the way to Florida. I was worried that the area might not be safe but I was completely and surprisingly wrong. Without a doubt, this Best Western was the nicest one we've ever stayed in. The Carlton Suites really makes this in a class of it's own with beautiful rooms, an awesome indoor pool, wonderful breakfast buffet and management that really cared about our stay. Would definitely stay here again and this Best Western should be the model for the chain. Lots of good chain restuarants around this area so dining was breeze with many choices.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
To the Nicest review writer in the world,

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU, and we are humbled to think that you would give us such great remarks! We do work really hard to provide all of our guests with clean, updated, comfortable rooms. I hope you enjoyed your time at the beach and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip down. Once again thank you for your kind words, we do take pride in our property and strive to be the BEST!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family and I are actually from Birmingham, al, probably two or three times a year this hotel is our get away or home away from home. Management is outstanding very friendly and cares about visitors stay, the staff over all is remarkable. I Looooooove this hotel, the best I ever visted in or out of town.
Oh and the rooms are very clean and neat this is a very well kept hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
To our In Town Guests,

I am so glad that you have fallen in love with our hotel and are using it as your private Get-A-Way. We now have some new Romance Ammenities available be sure to ask us about them for your next stay!

Glad we are able to provide a clean, friendly, and relaxing escape for your family!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

From the friendly greeting at check-in, to the ultra clean and spacious rooms, great breakfast options (I hear they are getting a waffle maker soon), to the complimentary beer and wine in the evening...no complaints, just praise. The management and staff at this hotel should be commended for their commitment to excellence in service, cleanliness, and just down home hospitality. I highly suggest you choose to stay here anytime you are in the area. You won't be disappointed! Oh...and don't forget to say hello to the dolphins!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Friend of our dolphins,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are so glad to hear that our staff left you with a WOW experience, one that hopefully you will never forget. I also wanted to assure you that you heard correctly, we are getting not just one but 2 new DO IT YOURSELF Waffle stations. They should be in and installed in their new station by the end of August! If you are in Birmingham again Nemo, Flipper, and Shamu will be glad to see you ;)

Greatful for your kind comments,

Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I work for best western and this is one of the best, if not the best I ever stayed at. Rony and the staff were great, the room was wonderful, the breakfast was more than we could ask for.
Thank you Rony and staff for making our stay great! Hope to come back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Fellow Best Westerner,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let everyone else know how you feel about our property. I am glad that while you were in Birmingham you gave us a chance to show you what we have to offer. And giving us the title BEST BEST WESTERN means something, especially coming from a fellow Best Western member. THANK YOU!

Fostoria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I were traveling through Brimingham on our motorcycles and got into bad weather. Since we have the Harley Best Western rewards program we stopped at this hotel. Best decision ever! The staff was more than accomodating to motorcycle riders. The rooms we clean and spacious. I have nothing bad to say about this experince except for the fact that i am not sure I will get to stay there again, but if we ever go to Alambama again this will be where we stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
To Our Harley Riding, Ohio friends,

I hate that you guys got soaked while driving through Birmingham but I am glad that we were able to help. We want to treat all of our Bikers like they own the road! It is our hope that you will make it back through Birmingham again, but if not, it was a pleasure being able to serve you both!

Hoping we meet again,

Chris Nelson and the Best Western Plus Staff!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites? Share your experiences!