“Good Deal!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 Summit Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35209 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Franklin, Tennessee
“Good Deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip on Sunday, october 16, 2011. The hotel was very clean and very close to many eating places. As a Manager for a property who had just been inspected, I observed everything. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was very polite and professional. The room was adeqate and met our needs. One Problem! The next morning, we needed a late check out. The clerk on duty was very rude in telling us he could not grant it. He never considered the fact that I was a choice hotel employee. He never offered any reason for not granting the late check out. I am not aware of their rules, however, a property that size was in no way in dire need of renting that one room. Please for future references train your staff to be more mannerable in carrying out the rules and regulations of your property. Your rule is your rule and I understand that, but, method of delivery is so important! Other than that, the property was great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fayette, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here on my way to a project. Did not find it in my GPS which needs updated but once I saw it up on the hill, I was glad.

Everything from check in to the room, to breakfast was great. There are lots and lots of restaurants close by. Breakfast in the morning was great. In general, as a diamond elite member of Choice Privileges, this hotel is a great deal....

Thank You!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

First of all let me say that this was my second stay this month and their second chance. I am always in town on business and I need the advertised broad band internet. Both times it was not only very slow but during my second stay it was almost non-existent. It kept dropping my connection while I was attempting to conduct business. And for the advertised hot breakfast, it wasn't hot and wasn't good either. As a matter of fact, the biscuits, bagals and bread were stale. But the worse thing was the muffins, which were molded. If you like the blueberry like me, be very careful and look closely before you take a big bite. You are safe with the cereal since they are individually wrapped packages. I booked a second night because I always stay at choice hotels and this place had a great rate and a gold award (not sure how they achieved that???). Oh well, I will dig a little deeper into my pockets on future trips (at least 1 a month for the next 2 years) and book at the Comfort Suites, or maybe HI express.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Grant, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

The title of my review was the note my daughter left the hotel. We've stayed at several hotels lately traveling with my daughter's basketball team and I have to say, if you ever get the chance to stay at this hotel, don't. Price was $89/night, not bad except for the fact that it was for 2 doubles, small room, clean I have to say, but uncomfortable beds, pool was nasty, first check-in attendant could care less that we were there, breakfast was horrible, it was just a terrible experience. We've stayed in plenty of hotels for $89/night with 2 queens, awesome pool AND hottub, wonderful service, excellent breakfast. Bad experience for us.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn for us
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
east coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The room was spacious and had good lighting. Bathroom even spacious. Didn't hear any noise from other rooms which is good as I'm a light sleeper. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We always use user reviews to stay at a hotel. In this case we found excellent reviews and were not disappointed. The whole experience was very pleasant, including the breakfast in the morning. We recommend this hotel highly.

We found a very nice Chinese restaurant nearby and look forward to eating there during our next stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
north_alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We have actually stayed twice at this Comfort Inn this past month. It is nice, clean and basic. Location seems to be good. Easy access and close to many Birmingham shopping areas and sights. Rooms adequate. Breakfast somewhat plain but then we didn't get the room for breakfast. Hamburger heaven is just in front of the hotel and is open for breakfast if you really need one.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!