“Had a blast at the Zoo with kids!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 30 Attractions in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch sea lions being trained and fed, zip around on the Zoo Train, hop on the carousel, check out the alligator swamp and tropical rain forest: all this and more are offered at this educational and entertaining zoo housing 170 animals from around the world, including endangered species.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Had a blast at the Zoo with kids!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We traveled from Mississpi and this was our first stop. I had plan to go to another place but the kids had so much fun we stayed from 1p.m. til 4:30 p.m. It was nice and freindly!! However, they are remodeling and some animals were not on display. But overall it was a good exsperience. And Tuesday are half off entrace.

Batesville, Arkansas
98 attraction reviews
“Average zoo, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

It was clean with a variety of plant life. It had splash pads and fountains for the kids, along with a decent playground. Decent amount of animals, nothing outstanding. Alot of the exhibits were under construction. It wasn't a bad zoo. It had some really cute cats that I haven't seen at any other zoo. (I'll put up their pictures) And one pro is that we went on the 4th of July so my entire family got in for free since my husband is active duty military. I recommend it for killing time, but I don't recommend you skip other attractions for this one.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“Our favorite zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We visit several zoos each year and this is the only one we come back to each year.(other than our home town zoo).

cullman,AL
“The "ZOO"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

When did the word "zoo" become synonymous with "attractions". I loved the zoo as a child, the animals in the zoo brought feeling and emotion. After going back now, I could never recommend it to anyone, they've taken away most of the animals and from what I saw there were more kids playing in the water than actually enjoying the limited animals there. my youngest son LOVED the animals, but it's very sad when the train conductor has to come up with eight different ways of saying "on your left/right you'll see construction", along with vast expanses of nothing. The animals they do have looked sedated, but then again how hard is it to amuse a two year old. --- Joshua Bodine

“No animals were on display. We saw one...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010 via mobile

No animals were on display. We saw one monkey and two tigers. All others were put away early for the day. Only got to walk around for 1 1/2 hrs and was then told they were closing. Refused to give refund and was told I could not speak to anyone higher than the gate hostess.