“The food is very good and authentic!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 872 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Ave (University Bivd)
Birmingham, Alabama
“The food is very good and authentic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I visited for only dinner, as I had a Groupon to use. I came in just before 6:00 pm on a weeknight and there was only 2 tables occupied. Of course, I received excellent service, no problem. The items I received were very tasty and what I remember from an Indian friend of mine, who cooked for me. I asked for a recommendation for the entree and was not disappointed. Since I was able to order a 3 course meal, I took home quite a bit of food as leftovers for the next day. Good food, even left over!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, Alabama, USA
“Authentic Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food is authentic and delicious. Portions are sufficient for 2. If you are around there for lunch time then lunch buffet is way to go. The service is excellent, decor is nice too.

Visited July 2013
North Haven, Connecticut
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had been to this restaurant previously, for both lunch and dinner. It has a good lunch buffet, and the food for dinner is very good, too. The service was very poor this time, however. We had to wait for a long time to get our food, and it was difficult to get a waiter's attention. The waiters seemed rather inept, and one of them even knocked over a water glass on our table! Moreover, my dish was very mild even though I had asked for it to be hot, and another person in our party got naan with ghee, even though he had specifically asked for naan without ghee. It was replaced quickly, but evidently the waiters had not listened to our requests. Frustrating.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Authentic indian cuisine..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Check out their lunch buffets...you get a ton of food for a good deal. Real aunthentic curries..loved this place.

Visited July 2013
Southfield, Michigan
“Very good Indain food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I decided to try this restaurant because I love Indian food and it was in walking distance from the hotel where I was staying. I must say I was not disappointed. The food was really good , well prepared with just the right spice level that I requested. Seasoning was not "dumbed down" for the mainstream.The menu had good variety, and the server was quite familiar with it and able to give additional information about the choices. The service was a little slow, but the staff seemed friendly enough. While nothing fancy the decor was pleasant. The prices were very reasonable for the quality and amount of food offered. All in all, a good choice for Indian food lovers. I can definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2013