“Solid hotel...except the breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3230 Edwards Lake Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35235   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Solid hotel...except the breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed here at least 5 times over the past few months for business. The hotel seems relatively new and the rooms are kept up well. My only complaint with this hotel is about the breakfast. I've stayed here, like I said, repeatedly over the past few months, so my experiences aren't isolated. The service is rude and slow and the food isn't good when it's prepared. I forget the hostess' name, but she's been working here for as long as I've been eating here and she is unattentive and acts indifferent toward customers. There are a few other Hilton Garden Inns in the area with better service. I would recommend staying at those instead. Breakfast may not seem like much of a thing to gripe about, but when you travel for work constantly, those little things make a difference.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
farmingville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

trip to barber motorsports triip was the most fun i have had in a long time staff and managers were very accomodating and helpful going back same time next year hope same staff is still there food and bar were excellent couldnt be more pleased thank you

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

CArtersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hilton Garden Inn is really nice. The Staff at the desk are great, the people in the restraunt are really nice, the housekeepers are good, My family and I stayed here the first weekend of june for my niece's wedding, We had 8 rooms & everyone had a great time. The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. The breakfast is very good. Sunday morning was very hectic because they had three wedding parties as well as a family reunion, so the buffet ran out of food, but with a little patience and their friendly staff-all went well. Would definately stay there again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, it was really quiet and nice!, some of our family stayed on the first...
ASHVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We discovered this HGI when moving to the area from FL. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are comfortable, location is great, and our grandkids love the pool. However, that list of superiors also includes the wonderful breakfast.
In my travels I've stayed in many HGI properties, but none has consistently performed to the level of the Trussville HGI.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Vacationing with my grandchildren we stayed the weekend here. We loved it. Great people, beautiful hotel, very comfortable. The kids loved the pool. I loved that it was indoors so I did not have to worry about the weather. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was great and the dining area was so nice and relaxed. I used the internet and needed a boarding pass printed no problem they had everything I needed there for me to use. We are planning a trip there again very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 412 nice view close to the elevator no hallway noise at all.
Ohatchee, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. Staff was very friendly. We were in the area for a get-a-way for the weekend. Hotel is located close to many places to eat, so you don’t have to eat in the hotel unless you want to. Room was clean but had an odd smell, not bad just maybe musty. We were placed in a handicapped room for some reason. Room was very large, clean and very quiet. Bed……well the adjustments weren’t working and it was set on hard. We didn’t complain. The coffee and cookies are great. Wish they made more than one batch of cookies a day. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I enjoyed the Bath and Body Works toiletries, the breakfast made to order, the fitness center (didn't use, but checked it out while I was there), and the fact that they have room service. I also liked that there was a pool and whirlpool. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville? Share your experiences!