“golf trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“golf trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

second time to stay. very easy to get around. things to do in area. good breakfast. played golf in area. would stay again.. a survey that requires a minimum of 200 characters is not very professional. would suggest short and sweet might be better... have a great day.,...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! As you mentioned, there are so many things to do in the area! There is a movie theater, tons of shopping, an array of diverse dining options, golfing, and much more. Our breakfast is complimentary and includes a hot, full buffet with a cooked-to-order-omelet station!

The 200 character minimum is a Trip Advisor standard not something we require, but thanks for the feedback! We are glad you came back to stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Hoover is a good hotel with good service in a great location for a good price. I love the fact that all of the rooms are suites. Weather you are looking for a golf hotel, or a place to stay after a football game, this is your place.

I went to an Alabama game in Tuscaloosa and stayed here the night after as to not drive all the way home in the dark (it was a night game.) This was the perfect hotel for that, they even gave us a cooler with sodas for the game. Everyone was nice and the space was well decorated. There was, however, not very much service. There were no visable bellmen, nobody to open your car door and no concierge. They could use some work in that aspect.

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very nice and spacious. The sleep quality is very good and the price is about what you would expect (you do get free breakfast included in the price.)

Overall, weather you are looking for a golf hotel or a place to stay after a football game, this is a great hotel for you.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Matthew B,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean, nice, and spacious. Thank you for noting our great staff as well! We pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations and providing exceptional service to all of our guests.

We hope you took advantage of our complimentary hot buffet breakfast as well as some of our other amenities such as our complimentary manager's reception, free WiFi, indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center, and local shuttle!

We hope to see you again soon!

Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my first business trip in quite some time, and getting to Birmingham proved to be quite an adventure. But the Embassy Suites was amazing! The hotel was beautiful - maybe newly remodeled? The front desk staff was personable and very helpful. The food at the restaurant was very good. And the room was really beautiful. The bed was comfy. I loved the separate work space and fridge (this is my first time at and Embassy Suites, so I assume that is probably standard). And, the complimentary breakfast was awesome! Usually it's stale bagels and a waffle maker, but this was a full on buffet with pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.

The only minor problem was that the pipes by the toilet made a banging noise, but after about 10 or so, when people probably were in bed, it almost completely stopped.

I wish I would have had another night or two in this hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Sarah H,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are in fact a new hotel - we opened in March 2010. We are so glad to hear that you took full advantage of our restaurant and complimentary breakfast buffet with an omelet station! Thank you for noting our personable and helpful staff. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to all of our guests!

We are very glad to hear that your first stay at an Embassy Suites was a great experience! We hope to have you back again very soon - and hopefully you'll be able to stay longer next time!

Zachary, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a suite at this hotel, so that my wife and 3 kids (boys ages 6,4 and 2) could all stay in one suite, allowing my older 2 boys to sleep together on the sleeper sofa in the den. I had scheduled my on-line check-in for 10 pm. 5 days later, I arrived at the hotel at 10:30 pm and was informed they had overbooked, and were going to put us up in a Holiday Inn Express down the street and would "cover my charges." I have been a HHonors Gold/Diamond member for the last 7 years and have never had this happen. I used points for my room and selected this hotel over the Homewood Suites in the area, because on-line it appeared to be nicer. The room they offered had the HI was a one room with 2 queen or double-sized beds. I told them that would not be acceptable. After waiting about 20 minutes in the foyer, at now 11 pm (with my 3 kids who were about 2 hours past bed-time) I was offered a smoking room. We reluctantly took the room, only to regret our decision when we opened the room to the "ozone machine" that was running and a bottle of air freshener to be used, both to freshen the room up. The smell made my wife and 2 year old nauseated. The couch had cigarette burns and just looked nasty. I was told I would receive half off my points back (which I have yet to see, but it's only been a week). My biggest disappointment is that I was never informed prior to my arrival that my room was no longer available. I would have not had a problem booking somewhere else had I been properly informed.

Room Tip: Call before you arrive and make sure you still have a room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
david21177,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites for your most recent stay and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. As an Embassy Suites, we have higher standards and expectations than most hotels, so we were not happy to hear that you did not receive the level of service you expected and deserved. We are also currently ranked #8 out of 210 Embassy Suites in the Americas, so again, we have very high expectations and standards.

Mrs. Brooks has informed me that you spoke with her today and were able to resolve the matter. We hope you will return soon and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations next time!

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My child's high school marching band stayed here one night while we attended a football game and a marching contest in Hoover. They were able to handle a large group of 200+ students and parents. They had parking available to accomodate our 4 charter buses and 2 equipment trucks. The included breakfast was very good and they were able to handle all those teenagers who eat like bottomless pits. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jeffyt,

We remember your group very well and were delighted to have you join us! Thank you for your kind review, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are happy to hear the group took full advantage of our hot buffet breakfast and cooked-to-order omelet station. Our breakfast has something to offer everyone! Our cleanliness and accommodating staff are things we pride ourselves on and are happy to hear you took note of them.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Cheraw, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling and needed a place to spend the night. We got the last room available in this huge hotel. Our room was a lovely 2 bed queen suite with a seperate living area that had a pull out sofa sleeper and kitchenette. The breakfast was delicious and is included with the stay at this hotel. Huge buffet which includes a custom omelet bar. The only thing disappointing was the small pool and the fact it didn't open till 10am. So the kids didn't get their swim in as we needed to be leaving around 10. We would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Becky D,

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our complimentary buffet breakfast and cooked-to-order omelet station are among our guests' favorite amenities, and we are glad to hear you took full advantage of those.

We hope to see you again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently spent two weeks in the Birmingham/Hoover area. This hotel made my time away from home much more pleasant. The staff were friendly and the accommodations were very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have found in my travels, so I slept well each night. The satellite TV reception in the room was kinda wonky, but I didn't spend much time there awake. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub and free garage parking. Every day there is a manager's reception from 5:30 to 7:30 with free snacks and bar drinks. Tessa, the bar waitress made sure my group and I received great service and care any time she was on duty. Breakfast was free every morning with a small buffet and made to order omelettes. Overall my stay was quite nice. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The hallways are quite long, so if you have trouble walking, try to book a room close to the elevato...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
DaLaR1,

Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your lenghty stay with us and found everything to be very accommodating and pleasant.

You definitely hit on some of our most popular amenities: complimentary buffet breakfast each morning with a cooked-to-order omelet station, complimentary manager's reception with free snacks, house cocktails, house wine, and draft beer, a heated indoor pool, and ample parking. We also provide free Wi-Fi access, a 24 hour business center, a 24 hour fitness center, a local shuttle, and a restaurant on site!

Thank you for your comments on Tessa, one of our best servers. She is a new member of our team, and we are happy to hear her hardwork is being noted.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover

Been to Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!