“Super rooms, Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mobile, AL
“Super rooms, Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The rooms here are great, particularly if you have to spend several days. Like most Embassy's, it is more like a small apartment than a hotel room. These rooms were very comfortable even by Embassy standards. The only thing that detracted from the place, and kept it from getting five stars in my book was the staff. While nothing went 'wrong' with the staff, you could tell they just didn't have their heart into it. No enthusiasm, no real welcome on arrival. Was kinda barked at by the lady at breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I'll be back, but in case management is listening.... your staff seems a little ticked off.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Manager at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Kegan36606,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the staff. I am so sorry that they were not attentive to your needs. Please know that your comments are important to us and we will address this issue. Your feedback is critical to the success of this hotel and gives our leadership direction on how we can improve our delivery and recognize our valued associates.

Thank you again and hope you will return soon.

Happy Travels,

Embassy Suites Hoover Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The hotel has a lovely lobby area, nice meeting areas, and a complimentary evening snack/drink time. The rooms are well-appointed, large and comfortable. The wi-fi was great.

Across the street is a shopping center with a shopping mall on the other side. It'd be possible to walk, but perhaps not prudent because of the large highway you'd have to cross.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Crittenden, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I met my sister's family here for Christmas-a half way point.The staff was amazingly helpful,letting me check in early while I waited, and extremely polite.The hotel had a beatiful,open lobby.The suites were huge,like mini apartments with all amenities.The breakfast buffet was delicious.My sister got a special rate,so I don't know whether I could afford this on a regular basis,but it was really nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ESHoover, Manager at Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay so much. Please come back and stay with us very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Embassy Suites Hoover - Birmingham Management
Muldraugh, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night on our way home during Christmas. We booked a king size suite with our Hilton Honors points and were very satisfied with our stay. The check-in process was quick and painless. The huge atrium was clean and inviting. All staff that we encountered were very friendly. Our room was very clean and well worth the points we used. Our family ate breakfast the morning of our stay and this was, by far, the best hotel breakfast I have ever eaten. A large array of hot and cold breakfast items including made to order omelets was a really good start to the morning. This was my first time to ever stay in an Embassy Suites, but based on our experience at this location, I would definitely stay at one again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for making us part of your travel plans for your holidays in December. It sounds like you and your family had a pretty amazing time.

I am not sure I can add much to your wonderful review but to say Thank You again. We were happy to have you as our guest and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future. If you ever have questions or need assistance with reservations, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know.

Warmest Regards,
Embassy Suites Hoover - Birmingham Management
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel is new and was very clean (I'm not sure what happened with the previous reviewer who said it was dirty). WiFi was included in the rate, and both the manager's reception and breakfast were very nice, and not overly crowded. I have no complaints with the service whatsoever. However, I'm a bit confused by the design of this place. We frequent Embassy Suites because we have a three year old and like the spacious, family-friendly suites. This suite was much smaller than the norm for this chain, with more of a square set up than the big, rectangular setup of every other Embassy Suites I have ever been to. It felt less spacious. It also only had a shower - no bathtub - which anyone with a young child would not appreciate. That said, the rooms were more modern than you typically see in this chain, and if you are traveling for business or just as a couple (no young kids) I would recommend it.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is one the better hotels in Birmingham. We come to ths area frequently and it is definitely one of the best we have stayed in. The property is pretty new, the rooms are clean, staff very friendly and everything seems to be in top shape. It's not a five star, but you don't have any of those around here anyway and it would be near the top of the next level. My only criticism is it can be a bit pricey compared to the surrounding competition. Yes, it is worth a little more, but not as much as is sometimes the case.

• Stayed December 2011
California City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked this hotel for Friday December 9th using HH points since the Wynfrey didn't have availabilty. My decision was based on all of the previous reviews here. At first glance, the room appeared to be very clean. But once we settled in we deiscovered the sofa was very dirty, the coffee maker was dirty and there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor! Ugghh! I was so disgusted. I expected more from a fairly new Embassy Suites. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!