“Beautiful hotel - would definitely stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful hotel - would definitely stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I go to Birmingham quite a lot for concerts and will stay at this hotel from now on. The lobby was beautiful, and the room was unbelievable. The staff was more than helpful and wonderful to deal with. The room was one of the prettiest rooms I've ever stayed in, and I travel quite a lot. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chris N, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
To our concert going friend from Atlanta,

Thanks you so much for shooting down I-20 to come visit Birmingham, we have a ton of stuff going on in 2012 and look forward to a great year in music, food, and fun! Be sure to give us a call when you get ready to head back in.

PS I'm glad you like the new paint scheme in the rooms!

Chris Nelson and the entire Springhill Suites Staff!
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sneads
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

SpringHill Suites is my preference when traveling to Birmingham for business purposes. The service is exceptional and everyone goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. Once meals are available by means of room service, the stay will be even more enjoyable and relaxing. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. A definite first choice!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
To our Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor, we look forward to seeing you again, and we will be looking into possibly adding room service, at this time we do not offer it however we do have food services available in the lobby 24 hours a day. See you again soon!

Chris Nelson and the entire Springhill Suites staff!
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in December of 2011 while a family member was at UAB Hospital. First and foremost, the staff was very helpful and pleasant. It was quiet, even though there were several high school basketball teams staying there! Free wireless was a great bonus! Lots of plugs for techie stuff. The room was huge, with a fantastic sofa, desk and bar area on one side; bed and bath on the other. Really nice large vanity area, and the shower had some great pressure! Cant stand hotel rainfall showers that you have to stand under for 30 minutes just to rinse shampoo from your hair! Parking was in a deck right next door, although there were spaces we could have used on the street. The deck appeared to be staffed 24 hrs, so I felt my car was probably better off there. $10.00 per day was reasonable to me. (I usually stay at hotels in Boston, and compared to there, $10.00 is a bargain) It was a short walk to get lunch at Milo's up the street (yum!), and there was pizza available, as well as a Subway and other small restaurants. We drove to the Summit for shopping and dinner. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was great too. Delicious coffee, pastries, yogurts, etc.

The only thing that would have made my stay perfect would've been a shuttle to the UAB Hospital! The hospital parking decks are pricey and there is alot of construction around the many entrances to the hospital, it was confusing whether we walked or drove. Would have been nice to have been able to be shuttled to one door or another directly from hotel.

All in all, a great stay, easy to relax in the room after a long day at the hospital. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chris N, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
To our hospital guests,

Thank you all for staying with us when in Birmingham, and while we know that it is unfortunate the reasons you're here, we want to do our part and provide a clean, comfortable, and convenient room!

See you next time,

Chris Nelson and the entire SpringHill Suites Staff!
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The room was very clean and spacious. They overdid on the spray though. It smelled nice but whatever they sprayed, it was very strong. The parking is right next to the hotel so it's convenient. However, at $10, it seemed overpriced.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chris N, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
To our parking concerned Guests,

I wan to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and letting everyone know about the large clean rooms, but do want to apologize to you for the suprise of parking. While we do our best to provide the cheapest parking possible it does still come with a cost, as do most all hotels downtown. We have however negotiated a new rate for 2012.... It is now $8 per day rather than $10!!!! Should you return to Birmingham we hope to see you again at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown!

Happy 2012,

Chris Nelson and the entire Springhill Suites staff!
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I periodically stay at this place for business. Always comfortable and friendly. The rooms are roomy and well appointed, with a nice living room space that includes a sectional couch, nice sized work desk, and small wet bar area. Feels like a nice efficiency apartment. Breakfast is pretty decent, though sometimes they get a little behind on keeping the food available.

Our corporate rate is a good value, but not sure what pricing is like otherwise. I figure on non-peak business times, they offer good deals. There is a modest charge for parking, but I usually take a cab, so the parking fee doesn't apply for me. Location is good in the heart of the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Steven_Kelban, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
I want to personally thank you for your review of the Springhill Suites Birmingham downtown at UAB. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to grow and continue to serve our guest while hoping to exceed their expectations.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

central, friendly and HUGE rooms, almost appartments - enough said

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
To our large room fans,

It is true, our rooms are very spacious and apartment like! All of our rooms come with a separate desk area, mini bar area with fridge/ microwave and of course a 42" TV! Our staff takes great pride in our hotel, and it shows from the lobby to the rooms!

So the next time you are in Birmingham give us a call and be sure to ask about our extra large King Studio room! See you soon!

Chris Nelson and the entire Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown @ UAB Staff!
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed a total of 5 nights in past two weeks at this hotel. Yes, it is a rebranded Hyatt Place. The huge couch is great! Beds are good too. Don't care for the hipster open shower, but whatever. First stay was great, no issues. However, lost 2 stars from me for the second visit.

I left a nice UA workout shirt hanging on bathroom hook when I checked out first time, on a Friday. Got home, realized I had left it on Saturday morning, called hotel. Spoke to Amy at front desk, explained the situation, described the shirt, told her I would be checking back in on Monday. "I will check with housekeeping and have your shirt waiting for you when you get here on Monday." Checked in Monday evening, told the front desk clerk of my conversation with Amy, and another clerk went back to check lost and found. Surprise-they didn't have it. Got an I'm sorry, but that was about the end of it. Said they would check with Amy when she got to work the next morning and would let me know. No further comment from hotel staff about the shirt. So, pretty sure somebody from housekeeping or their family is enjoying a nice nearly new UA shirt.

Parking is a hassle. Have to park in city owned parking deck next door. Long haul with your luggage. You are issued a parking card to get in and out of deck. First week no problem. Second week they were out of cards when I checked in and told me to pull a ticket and they would have cards at desk in the morning. Next morning went to get a card, still had none. Amy, pattern here?, said that the parking deck attendant had been good all morning about letting people out! So I go to window as I leave and, being a city owned bureaucracy, had to fill out a form with my name and room number on it. Not very secure. Was given a card that evening for the deck. Next morning-card didn't work. Another form filled out with the attendant. That evening I just parked the car on the street.

Here is the biggie for me. First week I stayed in an even numbered room which overlooks the street and some condos. Next week, I stayed in odd numbered room, overlooking the alley. On the alley side, first morning I am awakened at 4:45 a.m. by an incredibly loud clatter and banging and truck outside, though I was on the 5th floor. Look out window and it is garbage truck emptying a dumpster! My thought was, well at least that won't happen on my other two nights here. Wrong. Every morning b/n 4:45 and 5 a.m. the very punctual and early garbage truck diligently emptied the dumpster. On the second morning, I asked, guess who, Amy, if this was an every day thing. She seemed surprised and as if she wasn't aware of this. She did offer to move me for my last night, but ironically I needed to get up early the next day anyway, so that was my wakeup call!

Clean, decent place to stay. Just don't forget anything and be sure to get an even numbered room!

Room Tip: Request even numbered room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
To our guest from Knoxville,

First of all LET ME APOLOGIZE, I AM SO SORRY for the multitude of problems you experienced during your second stay with us! While I know that things happen, I do want to assure everyone that we do not typically have issues with Lost and Found, in fact we now have a new system set in place to make it better than ever. With our changover from a Hyatt to a Springhill we did experience a few hiccups but have fortunately worked them out. While this is no excuse for the problems you experienced, I would like to let you know that We have taken steps to remedy and make future stays more enjoyable and more like your first stay.

Lets start with the parking, It is a hassle when dealing with a 3rd party parking deck, but we have it all worked out and our front desk has a stock of parking keys for guest use.

As to the garbage man alarm clock;Furthermore our General Manager shortly after these comments called our waste company and had the pickup times changed, so no more 4:45 or 5:00 am wake up calls for the ODD numbered rooms, it will now be just as peaceful as the even numbered rooms!

Again I apologize for the problems with your second stay here but it is my hope that you will contact us and give us a third chance to show you our changes!

Hoping that we get a chance to make your 3rd stay be the charm!

Chris Nelson and the Springhill Suites Marriott Downtown @ UAB Staff!
Director of Sales

Been to SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB? Share your experiences!