“It was fun to shop at the Galleria which is attached to the hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

You added Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham, AL 35244   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
“It was fun to shop at the Galleria which is attached to the hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a nice stay at the Wynfrey. We ate at Shula's in the hotel and had drinks at another bar in the hotel. The rooms and accommodations were fine. I loved being able to walk to the Galleria and shop while my husband worked. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hoover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Service Wednesday/Thursday, 19-20 November Valet Rod, The Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey @WynfreyHotel & Leah @ Merk’s Tavern & Kitchen. Oops! Family Heirloom Left @ The Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey @WynfreyHotel • Thanks Housekeeping Manager Darlene Saving & Returning! @TripAdvisor

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Overall, it is a nice hotel, but it has several small details that need to be addressed. We stayed in room 414 and it was very nice. It is really convenient considering how close it is to the interstate and that it is attached to the Galleria. The cleanliness wasn't up to par for me. The sink and shower drains didn't work and there was black stuff growing in the grout of the shower wall. The nightstand light didn't work on my side of the bed. One of their vending machines didn't work and the other wouldn't take my money so I had to go down to the front desk and pay $8 for two 20oz. Gatorades. The noise was also a small issue: we could hear our neighbors toilet flush and their sink run every time they would go into their bathroom and the gap between the door and the floor was about 1/2 inch so every time someone walked past our room talking, we heard every single word. We tried to look up Shula's Steakhouse in the lobby of the hotel but we had to pay $10 just to get WiFi. When we did get the WiFi, we were very disappointed to see that Shula's had very mixed reviews and some were pretty bad so we didn't want to risk it. So we went to Firebirds and had an exquisite dinner. Check-out was at noon so we decided to sleep in til about 10:30, but at 9:00 knocked on our door for 5 minutes just to give us our receipt instead of just slipping it under the door. A few hours before we went to bed we set the thermostat to 65 degrees but we woke up several times last night because it never cooled down and was too hot in the room. It needed better air circulation. In my opinion, these are small details, but there were enough of them to make our stay not worth the price.

• Stayed December 2014
Camden, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect place to go Christmas shopping. Everyone was very nice and polite. All employees tried to be of assistance. Our son has was in Birmingham for knee surgery and they were able to provide us with a wheel chair for him to go into the shopping mall

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel is attached to a Galleria shopping Mall. Very convenient for shopping and just off the interstate. I've stayed here several times and have always been happy with the front desk and the upscale restaurant, Shula's.

As a Hyatt Regency, it's nothing special beyond that, but it is the best hotel in Birmingham and a very relaxing place to stay.

Do stay away from the Tavern (food great, horrible service), which I plan to review next. However, I don't want to mark down the entire hotel just for the service at one of it's restaurants. Every other person I met (including the guests) were just great.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It had been years since I stayed here, and it was far better than I remembered. We upgraded to a suite, and the only one available was the "Hospitality Suite," which was HUGE and wonderful. The service was exceptional; everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. We had very different but equally wonderful meals at the restaurants. Honestly, this is the only place I would ever stay in the Birmingham area.

Stayed November 2014
Sedalia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was here for two nights for business. The hotel is esthetically pleasing and the rooms were clean. I had a seminar here, so I interacted with multiple employees. There were two employee's that provided exceptional service for my seminar (Paul and Xavier). These two guys understand what customer service is. The executive staff was not very hands-on and didn't hardly speak to me after my intial meeting with them. We had a small group 15 to 20 people, but we still spent over $3,000 with the hotel over the two days. I couldn't believe that they still charge for internet in your room and if you want a fast band width so you can actually get work done, it will cost you $16 a day. You have to pay for parking, but the fee was reasonable. The meeting rooms were very nice. It was nice being attached to the mall, I was able to walk around the mall after sitting all day in meetings. No shortage of restaurants to eat at and places to shop. Rooms were expensive for the service. I have stayed in Hyatt brands before, but I believe this one needs more training being consistent in all areas. Room rate was too high for the services that were provided.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review about your most recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the renovations and your stay. I was disappointed that you did not feel that our staff spoke to you once you checked into the Hotel. This is not acceptable nor is it typical. I will personally address this. All Full service Hyatt Hotels and Resorts and most of our full service competitors charge for internet. Our limited service Hyatt properties, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House include Internet in their room rates. Hyatt also offers complimentary internet across the globe in all of our hotels for Platinum and Diamond Gold Passport members.

Been to Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel? Share your experiences!