“Very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Suwannee, Florida
“Very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This new hotel is well located, although a little difficult to find. The staff was very helpful, rooms nice and big, bed was great, overall a super place. The price was right via priceline, too! There is much to eat around, but you need wheels to get to them, about a mile.

Room Tip: Away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

I stay here each time I'm in Birmingham. Like the location near the Summit Mall but love the rooms, layout, lobby and that breakfast is included in your rate. 3 of us stayed may 31. We all loved it--one of us is a flight attendant who has traveled the world. Said in bham from now on with our soccer trips would check here first. Room was clean and no issues w noise for me anytime I've been here which has been a lot.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been staying at the Springhill Suites as a means to an end lately. Since they are rather new and/or newly remodeled, staying here is just as good if not better than staying at a Courtyard. Only issue staying here was the walls were rather thin. I could hear everything our neighbors were saying in the next room. We tried to complain but that was worthless.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from all the hussle and bussle. And, don't be turned off by the location...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed on the fourth floor, facing the parking lot/shopping rather than facing the interstate. The room was large, with the living area and the beds separated partially. The beds were very comfortable and easy to sleep in, the room was kept very clean by housekeeping, and the hotel was very quiet--I could not hear anything outside the room. In previous stays at Springhill Suites that has not been the case. I slept very well here! The breakfast was well appointed, with apples and bananas and great cereal and yogurt choices. The only problem I have with this hotel was trying to find it. They need more signs--turn at the Hampton Inn and the Morgan Stanley sign, and the hotel is hidden at the end of this road. They should put a sign where you turn, because otherwise it is easy to get lost in the maze of office buildings and shops. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, both across from the turn in to the hotel and at the nearby Summit. Nice fitness room and an outdoor swimming pool. I would certainly stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very quiet, choose a room not facing the interstate
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
timlangley, Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham - Colonnade, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words, we do have a great staff here and they work very hard to keep the hotel clean and new looking and well stocked.
As for the signage you are so spot on, we do need a sign in front of Hampton Inn however we are under the zoning for State Hwy 280 and are only allowed the signage we currently have. I have approached the DOT several times however this is not something they will give on and unfortunately we are left with what we have.
In spite of, we do hope you will visit us again next time you come to Birmingham. We are always excited to have repeat guest and find out what great things and places they have seen in their travels or as one of our associates refers to our repeat guest as just someone coming home.

With warmest Regards
Tim Langley
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I love the Springhill Suites chain, one of my favorites. This place fits that mold, BUT, my room was on the I-459 side and the interstate noise was horrible throughout the night. Tried using the 'hi' setting on the A/C to some help. If you stay here DEMAND a room away from the interstate.

Hotel is also a bit hard to find.

Otherwise, an ok place. Staff friendly and polite. Place clean.

Room Tip: Away from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I selected this hotel for a recent stay based on the good reviews, and what i thought was a reasonable rate of $119. The property appeared to be fairly new, and the room I stayed in was in great condition. The bed was comfortable, the TV was a newer flat screen style and they had good channel selections, and the furniture was clean. Room was spacious and included a microwave and mini fridge. Internet was free and the speed was great. Seemed like a safe location.

It would have been perfect if the front desk staff would have been even remotely interested in getting me, or my colleagues, checked in. But they were busy with other things, not only at check in, but any time I went to the desk. Including teo times when I wanted to give them money to buy items from their onsite shop.

The breakfast buffet was pretty standard, but I chose to take a few items to go, because although almost all of the tables in the seating area were empty every morning when I was ready to eat, they were always filthy. Not acceptable. I would have let it go one day but not three days in a row.

There are enough other hotels in the area, in walking distance even, that I will try a different one next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

In route to the beach we stayed here the evening of 17. It was conveniently located just off of I-459 and 280. The hotel itself was clean and personnel very friendly. You might want to request a room on the front side of the hotel as the back is direclty next to the Interstate. We stayed on the back side and it did not bother us. Just across the I459 is The Summitt, a shopping area with many restaurants. This hotel is a good place to stay and super convenient to shopping, restaurants and a good place to stay. We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Birmingham - Colonnade? Share your experiences!