“Super helpful service team” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Christian's Hotel

You added Christian's Hotel to your Saves list
Christian's Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Xinduhui, No.56 Jiefang Road, Xigong District, Luoyang 471000, China   |
Ranked #1 of 379 Hotels in Luoyang
“Super helpful service team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was staying at Christain yesterday and I found I might leave my phone on the taxi. Every receptionists and service crew were thinking all the possible ways to spot the taxi and call the taxi to get it back. Just like it is their own phone. I truly feel touched for their helpful and devoted attitudes towards my problem. Feeling there are a lot of nice people out there especially when I m on the road. truly appreciated!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel rooms are very well decorated, but their service level in the hotel is what makes this place really unique.

Add there the wide range of breakfast dishes and the pick up drop off service and you know why you don't need to look for another place to stay.

Stayed March 2014
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was a very nice place. The only negatives were that lobby and 18th floor were always kept at frigid temperatures, and the mattress was too soft for my taste. Also, there were enough tchotchkes in my room as to think that someone's Jewish grandmother decorated it. :) I did REALLY appreciate the humidifier and air purifier, but if I wasn't travelling solo, there would be no place to put another suitcase.

The bathroom was spectacular, especially the bathtub. It came in quite handy after a long day walking and being able to soak with a lovely glass of wine was something I really looked forward to.However, it is BYO bath crystals/bath salts. I found some at the mall next door for 18 RNB, which was well worth it.

All in all, it was an incredibly lovely hotel, and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you're going to spend the night in Luoyang, I highly recommend this hotel. Our room was more of a suite than a room. Staff incredibly friendly. Great bathroom, great amenities and they even gave me an adorable umbrella as a good-bye gift since it was raining. The buffet breakfast was one of the best meals we've had so far in China! My only criticism: we didn't know that we should ask for a non-smoking room so our room was a smoking room. I'm not sure if they have non-smoking rooms but if so, they should offer this to people (especially Westerners) at checkin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is tastefully decorated, with rooms in different floors having different themes. The front desk staff readily showed us the rooms with different themes so that we could select what we saw. The hotel also has excellent facilities and is located in the heart of town, with banks and restaurants within walking distance. We were especially impressed with the duty manager William who went out of his way to help us pay for our tour (with a different company) using our credit card at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We traveled here on a trip with another family. We were totally 4 adults and 4 children. I will just highlight only a few of the best parts -
1. My son had a severe allergic reaction to something that he ate. We did not take him to the doctor as we treated him with some Benadryl that we usually carry with us while traveling, but they offered to accompany us to an English speaking doctor. The hotel was extremely helpful, and later during the day they brought him a bowl of fruit soup.
2. My wife's key did not work, so they gave her a present to apologize for the inconvenience. Other hotels would have just reprogrammed it..
3. We were originally booked on a slow train to Xian. I approached the front desk to see if this could be changed to the fast bullet train. They went out to the train station and rebooked us. They asked me if it was OK for them to take a taxi and get compensated for that. I had told them most certainly, but it ended up that they were able to combine the ride to the train station with a drop off for another guest, and they didn't even charge us for that. Great service!
4. We got to the hotel in the morning around 7AM, and they gave both our families a suite so that we could all freshen up. Then they transferred our luggage to our rooms.
5. We asked for a restaurant recommendation and one of the employees walked us over to the restaurant, as we were not sure of the directions..

I am sure there are a lot of other great instances.

This is truly a remarkable hotel. The other family that we traveled with have lived in Shanghai for 9 years and they commented that this is the best service that they have received in China!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Southport, Ct. Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked our room at Christian's Hotel based on the reviews in Tripadvisor. I was a bit skeptical that it could be as good as the reviews made it out to be. In fact, it was not only as good. It was better. The hotel is in a very convenient location, right in the center of the city and adjacent to a huge shopping mall. It is a tall modern high rise with extremely avant garde interior furnishings. The room was huge and comfortable, with excellent air conditioning (which we needed because the outside weather was unbearably hot). The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever had in my entire life....a huge selection of hot and cold Chinese and Western dishes served in a penthouse dining room with windows overlooking the entire city. The same room is used for an evening buffet. We took a look at it and it was fabulous. But it was also very expensive so we did not eat dinner there. The staff at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful. They helped us with our travel arrangements and even showered us with unexpected little gifts, such as bottles of water and an umbrella to take along with us on a rainy day. (When we tried to return the umbrella at the end of the day they refused to take it back and told us it was a gift).

There are a few "quirks" about the hotel. Every evening the houskeeper stops by to drop off the breakfast coupons for the next day plus two containers of fresh milk. We're not sure why they bring the milk, which we did not drink. They also bring fresh fruit during the day and sometimes they move things around so that you can't find them when you are looking for them. But they also keep the room nice and clean.

One drawback of the hotel is the very limited room service menu. In the evening you have a choice of going to the overpriced buffet on the top floor or ordering room service. But the room service menu only has a half dozen or so dishes, mostly noodles. We ordered once. It was tasty but not very interesting. This is an area that can easily be improved.

All in all, we could not have been more pleased. It's an outstanding hotel in an interesting city. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Christian's Hotel? Share your experiences!