“A nice little surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 80 restaurants in Bessemer
Cuisines: Mexican
Ashburn, VA
“A nice little surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We weren't quite sure what to expect from this restaurant. But we were very surprised and in a good way! The staff was very friendly and attentive. And the food was really good! My sons ordered the fish tacos and the shrimp quesadilla and both said the dishes were one of the best they had ever ordered. I had the mushroom burrito which was also quite good. We would definitely recommend this place and will stop again if we are in the area!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Always enjoy this stop in Bessemer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When passing through the area we always stop at Los Sombreros...never been disappointed! The food is great, the service is excellent, and prices are very good. The restaurant is in the center of a small strip mall.....don't be fooled by this location. If in the area, give it a try as you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Who knew ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Tucked away behind the Texaco station @ exit 108 off rt 20 (5031 Ford pkwy )
is a wonderful Mexican cafe . The food was authentic & great . Nice staff, good value on food & margarita's It was suggested to me by Stacy @ the near by Hampton Inn . What a great find.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Yeppoon
“Great Frozen Margarita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Although this restaurant is hidden away in a little strip mall behind a service station, don't judge a book by it's cover. Stepping inside I found it to be very authentic (not that I have been to mexico) and was greeted and seated in a friendly manner. My butt had barely hit the seat when I was given a large basket of corn chips and a bowl of salsa. great stuff as I was feeling hungry. The menu had a lot of choices and there was a good range of specials. They had a special on for margaritas at $2.95 so I decided to try one of those and apart from getting brain freeze a few times it was delicious. I ordered the half roast chicken with special sauce (the waiter couldn't tell me what is was) and it came with tortillas, rice and beens, It arrived on a sizzling plate with some roasted capsicum (peppers) and coriander. The chicken was tender and tasty and went well with the rice and beans. I really enjoyed the meal and my only complaint would be that they used a bot more mexican spice in it. My half roast chicken with rice, beans and tortillas plus frozen margarita set me back about $12.75. The service was fast, friendly and the place seemed pretty clean. There were a few families with kids and they did have a kids menu. All in all I would recommend this place without hesitation. ps: they also did a steady stream of take away (out) orders.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Another good Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012