“Reasonable room at a decent price” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Birmingham- Bessemer
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Shiloh Lane, Bessemer, AL 35020   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Bessemer
Pensacola, Florida
“Reasonable room at a decent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I booked this motel online at Motel 6's website. If you book it there, it is less expensive. My room was very clean, and the staff was extremely courteous. During my 3-night stay, the staff called twice to ask if everything was to my liking, and when I made a special request, three different people came to help me. The exterior of the building could use some redecorating and there was a bit of trash in the parking lot, but these minor complaints did not affect the quality of the room. Overall, I enjoyed my experience, and will stay there again in the future.

• Liked — The courteous staff and great price...
  • Disliked — The air conditioning system is older than dirt and responds very slowly.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

We were passing through on our way to SC an decided to stay here after visiting my Mother in Birmingham. We stopped due to the price and a large sign saying WIFI HERE. To start off with the main office was closed and we had to tap on a window in the hall to get service. We were greeted by a not too attentive young man. This was about 9:00 at night. Since the hallway was next to the very dirty laundry room, it was extremely hot while we were waiting for our reservations. The young man never mentioned the WIFI and we did not think to ask. We went upstairs to our room. When I went to use my laptop I saw that I need a code for $2.99 which in itself was no big deal, so I went down to pay for and receive the code where I was informed that they did not have a very strong WIFI conection and only a few of the rooms were able to receive it. Needless to say mine was not one of those rooms and there were no WIFI rooms available. While I was being told this another customer who had WIFI room was down in the office because his WIFI that he paid for was not working. Besides this the cable connection was constantly going out and losing channels. The bathroom was slightly on the dirty side, the shower was extremely small, leaving very little room to move in it, and since the shower was so small when you got out the floor was soaking wet and very slippery. They gave a very thin and small floor towel, 2 hand towels, 1 washcloth and 1 small bath towel, along with one bar of soap. There is no closet area, no coffee pot, no iron, no alarm clock. They did have a telephone that the buttons had to be mashed hard to contact the office.

• Liked — The room was smoke free
  • Disliked — WIFI needs greatly to be improved
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were just passing through and saw the billboard for $49, and we have pets, so we thought, that's not to bad.
Pay the extra money for a nice place. The carpet below the A/C was wet, the shower had no water pressure, and it wasn't very clean. There was a half bar of soap behind the bathroom door.
There was also Security Guards that showed up as the sun was going down. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Birmingham- Bessemer? Share your experiences!