This hotel is one of the loveliest ones I have stayed in, having traveled a lot.
- lovely room design,
- beautiful scenery,
- good food. Breakfast is a'la carte but the portions are decent. Very tasty,
- guest info book in English. Never saw that in the rest of China,
- staff speak really good English which is unheard of in China. I will add that English is not my native tongue, but it is universal so one would expect most basic phrases to be at least understood. No such thing in China.
- located a 10-minute taxi ride from Yangshuo (a ride costs 40-45 RMB, but a free shuttle is available twice a day),
- no water in room. Apparently you can fill your bottle at the reception but I just bought bottled water,
- the staff are not the most polite kind. They have quite an attitude, getting easily annoyed when you ask them questions, or laughing between themselves and commenting in Chinese the very second you finish talking to them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat overlooks the pristine Yulong River and surrounding karst limestone towers in the heart of the Yangshuo countryside. We are one hour from Guilin, just down the road from Impression Liu San Jie and a quick ride to West Street. We are American owned and locally run, established in 2000. Our accommodation, food and staff, not to mention our beautiful surroundings are highly rated by Frommers and other trusted guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Yangshuo Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat County
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel County