“To get in touch with local people” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Yangshuo Moon Resort to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Yangshuo Moon Resort
No.97 Licun, Moon Hill, Shili Hualang Scenic Area, Yangshuo County 541900, China   |
Ranked #12 of 312 hotels in Yangshuo County
beijing
“To get in touch with local people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you don't want to stay in the busy and extreme touristic Yangshou city center i would recommend one of the hostels near the Yuelong river and the moon peak.

The Moon resort is a very good choice if you looking for something with more local experience.
The rooms are simple but clean the food is original (the owner is a very good chef) and the staff is easy going and they treat you like a family member - there is always somebody who will help you with organizing tickets bicycles and others things. Everything for a reasonable price. At first we thought that they charged us more for some tickets but it turned out that we paid less than others. (for example the boat trip from guilin to yangshou) Book your stay over phone in advance and you can stay there for less than the most visitors. Good for Families who want to spend a more relaxed holiday. Ask for bicycles and recommendations where to go.

Even we went there during the chinese holidays end of september and beginning of october the most tourists where kept in the city center.
For Party people i would recommend to stay somewhere in the city center.

tip: bring your GPS with a map and visit one of the smaller remote villages in the south and around the yuelong river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am Isabel from UK. I just came back from this hotel and it was a really fantastic place to stay, with clean and quiet room, as well as the friendly staff. They were so nice to meet our requiements. Although the beer here was not nice as Guiness but it was pure as well. I missed it a lot. Besides the staff recommended us the food made up of the fresh vegetables which grew in the farm behind the hotel. THe food was really amazing. The best thing was that it was not far from the other spot and it was a place you could sense the chinese culture. Impressive!~
the next day the owner of the hotel drove us to the place we wanted to for free. And when we asked about the trave trips they offered us some very valuable advices and helped us to design the travelling routine.
I am very happy to meet people there, they were so helpful and kind to us. They would ask us about the food tasty and whether we were satisfied with the services or not.
All in all, it was a nice htole to stay. I recommended to my friends who want to go to Guilin. Hope they also have good time there.

Room Tip: The third floor was the best to view the scenery
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My name is Kurtis Carlin, email address kckcarlin@gmail.com. I stayed in this hotel a week ago and have finally had the time the time to write a review. I post my email, to show that I am a real person writhing a real review for those of you who doubt this.

The people picked us up for free in the city of Yangshuo and drove us to the hotel which is in Moon Hill Village (the Moon Hill is literally across the street). After eating american style breakfast, the owner of the hotel Xia ma, the hotel owner, took us on multiple tours (for FREE!). We toured an abandoned village, Moon hill, a cave, the Bayun tree, and were allowed to tour the country. We hardly saw any tourists the whole time.

The value of the hotel along with the customer service greatly exceeded my expectations, and I feel very lucky to have found this location. I have referred this place to many of my friends already who are international students at Sun Yat-Sen University here with me. I may even come back! If you have any questions about the hotel, email me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here for 3 nights from October 25-28. I feel very lucky to have stayed here and feel compelled to tell others about it.

Rooms: The rooms were comfortable with good aircon, hot water, and clean. They gave us a free upgrade to a room with a view.

Location: The location was great. It is in a Moon Hill village 8 km (about 4.5 miles) from the city of Yangshuo. We called the hotel upon arrival and they sent a van to pick us up in Yangshuo. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from moon hill, a main tourist destination. There is also a cave nearby which is very cool and also features a mud bath. The Big Banyan Tree is also a short bike ride away.

Service: This hotel provided me with the best customer service I have ever experienced. The manager and staff are extremely friendly and most of the staff spoke good English. The hotel manager/owner acted like a tour guide for our entire stay. He took us out and showed us around the area on bicycle (rent for 20RMB/day) multiple times. He showed us an ancient village which was not renovated or altered for the sake of tourism which is hard to find. Most of the places we went were devoid of other tourists, which was great. He got us a discount entrance to some tourist attractions too. I could go on and on about the helpfulness of the manager. He and the entire staff were just fantastic. For this reason alone I will never stay at another hotel in Yangshuo.

Food: You can also eat here and the food is very good. Just ask and they'll cook for you. The beer fish in particular was very good. Western style breakfast was great as well. The vegetables they use come straight from their garden.

If you're going to Yangshuo, don't stay in the city. It's nice, but it's a bit of a tourist trap. Stay here and you will be satisfied.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
yangshuomoonresort, 總經理 at Yangshuo Moon Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
DearC lint S:Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to receiving your friends as our guests in the future. We are striving to always provide a wonderful experience for all of our visitors. Hope to see you back in Yangshuo again! Ma Jianpeng
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice and quiet a place to spend some good time in the countryside. I always liked Yangshuo and Guilin, it is so beautiful. Before going I checked the review, some said good, some said bad. I found out the hotel just changed the owner, maye the bad review are for the past owner. It is cheaper but the area of Moon Peak is really nice. I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: the roof top rooms facing the mountains field of Yangshuo are beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
yangshuomoonresort, Manager at Yangshuo Moon Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Taipei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there two nights with friends, first it is not easy to find, but after you ride a bike and go around, it is relatively easy to get around. The hotel is clean and quiet, not far from the main road that leads to the Yangshuo city, about 30 minutes by bike. I like mountain and rivers so choose to stay away from the downtown area, the west street, which is very noise at night. The owner is very nice and friendly. I would like to go back if I have time to do so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Taipei City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I just came back from Yangshuo in August. Before the trip I asked about the itinerary and accommodation in Yangshuo from my friends who had been there before. They advised us to stay in the village named "Li" ("Li Cun" in Chinese), which means “history”. Village Li is an ideal start to head for other scenic spots and with which is nearby the Mt. Moon ("Yueliang Shan" in Chinese), the scenery is great, too. At that time they were staying in The New Global Village Moon Resort Hotel in their trip. As our friends had good experience with that hotel, we decided to accept their suggestion and booked it.
When arriving there, the manager, Mr. Ma helped us check-in. He was a very kind person and treated us very well. When we told him our friends had been there before and Mr. Ma still remembered them. We were glad to be treated as his close friends.
Although we had made many plans before we went there, the staffs of the hotel still introduced us many different tour routes; moreover, they can help reserve the tour if it is needed. They can also give information about the time and situation of the traffic to the destination and how long it may take for visiting.
The room was very clean and comfortable. Furthermore, in the early morning we could just look outside by opening the window and were able to see the picture-like scenery. It was really hard to describe with words. Mr. Ma alse guided us to climb Mt. Moon. It was the highlight of the trip and a unforgettable experience.
The price of the hotel was fair and with the great services. Sometimes I had bad experiences stayed in hotels with uncomfortable accommadations and rude services, especially when I visited some big cities. However, I feel very comfortable this time because of their friendliness and kindness when I stayed in The New Global Village Moon Resort Hotel. If any of you would like to visit Yangshuo, I recommend you to stay in The New Global Village Moon Resort Hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
yangshuomoonresort, Manager at Yangshuo Moon Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012

Been to Yangshuo Moon Resort? Share your experiences!