I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I have travelled extensively within China and internationally, and i can honestly say that this was one of my most enjoyable hotel experiences.
Things I liked about the hotel:
1) The hotel staff- all are very friendly, personable, and, unusual for China, helpful. Most of all, they are conscientous. When I called to make a reservation, they informed me that there were going to be extensive renovations during that time. When I said that it wouldn't be a problem, they offered me a substantial discount for the room, then upgraded the room without even asking me. It was a very pleasant surprise after a long trip! Throughout our entire stay, any time we had a question or need, they would solve it within moments. They even invited us to their personal little party when we walked in one night (though be careful, their emperor rice wine is dangerous!)
2) Our room- we were upgraded to a family room, which, considering that we were just a couple, was very spacious for us. The room was spotless, and, wonderfully renovated. When my parents came to visit, I splurged on a 5 star plus hotel, because it was the only one that I could find that offered a very traditional Chinese feel, with modern amenities. This hotel, for approximately 1/8th the price, offered the same.
3) The free bikes- since we were staying for more than 3 nights, we were able to take the bikes out for free, and bike riding is one of the joys of Yangshuo. Best of all, after we had been bike riding all day, and went out to the town of yangshuo, we were able to drop the bikes off at their place in town so that we did not have to bike home in the dark.
4) reasonable pricing- by the end of this trip, I actually felt bad about paying so little (because of the discount), after they had been so wonderful, that I was actually more than happy to pay for their tour packages, room service and their great breakfasts (all of which are very reasonably priced for yangshuo)
5) location- it is far enough away from yangshuo to be quiet and peaceful, but close enough that it only takes a short time to bike into town for dinner and such.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Yangshuo Tea Cozy Encircled by breathtaking Karst peaks, situated beside the banks of the Dragon River and hidden among local farmers’ fields, Yangshuo Tea Cozy Boutique Hotel is an ideal refuge away from the town’s crowded market streets. Come and relax in a peaceful and serene location just a short distance from Yangshuo’s famous West Street.Just as the tea cozy works in harmony with the teapot and keeps the tea warm, so we strive to surround you with the warmth of our hospitality and the beauty of the Yangshuo countryside. Tea is also a passion for us. We have a special tea house within the hotel and would love to welcome you as our guests for our next tea ceremony. Each of the twelve rooms in the Tea Cozy Boutique Hotel is unique and decorated in a traditional Chinese style with tastefully fitted wooden furnishings, personally selected by us. Every room houses an array of antiques and pieces of local artwork. Enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep on the best mattresses on the market before heading out onto the wooden balcony to take in panoramic views of the local landscape.If you are seeking action and adventure our dedicated team have expert knowledge of the local area and can arrange kayaking, white water rafting, climbing, caving and even camping. For those looking for more cultural immersion, we can arrange cooking lessons, tea ceremonies, tai-chi sessions with the local masters and more. Alternatively, if you are just seeking peace and quiet our rooftop bar and restaurant serving Chinese and Western cuisine from our organic garden providethe perfect backdrop for rest and recuperation.At the Tea Cozy Boutique Hotel we pride ourselves on high quality and personal customer service. Come and join a family atmosphere, walk among the paddy fields, meet the local villagers and immerse yourself in the local culture. We are committed to making your stay with us a magical and memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Yangshuo Tea Cozy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.