“Great Place, definitely recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain View Retreat

You added Mountain View Retreat to your Saves list
Mountain View Retreat
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sangaoyuan, Moon Moutain Scenic Spot, Yangshuo County 541907, China   |
Ranked #35 of 370 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Herford, Germany
“Great Place, definitely recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is very close to all the attractions Yangshuo has to offer. Very cosy and clean rooms. If you want to live right in the middle of Yangshuo's scenery, this is the place to go. Very friendly and helpful staff, great tours. Next time going to Yangshuo I will gladly stay there again. I can recommend this place to everyone, backpackers, couples and families.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
huo you l, Manager at Mountain View Retreat, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your good review,we are hope to see you again.have a nice day.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have spent a few days here over the summer of 2012 . I am ethnically Chinese and having stayed at a wide range of hotels in China, most of which I was disappointed in so I didn't have my expectations up for this. But I was very impressed by this hotel. All the hotel staff were very kind and helped us plan our visit, Sam was especially helpful with this. The food here was also amazing and the location was calm and convenient as there were many attractions nearby. The rooms were also large, spacious, modern and clean. In short, I definitely recommend people to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
huo you l, Public Relations Manager at Mountain View Retreat, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, it is encouraging to know that our guests are enjoying our hospitality. By sharing your comments on particular staff members who have been particularly helpful, we will seek to emulate such a level of customer service to ensure our guests receive the best treatment.

Best wishes from the Mountain View Retreat family,

Ao Li
PR Manager
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days in late Sept.

Pro :
1. Very close to tourist spots.

Con :
1. Hotel is next to the main road, it started to get noisy early in the morning
2. Doors and walls of the room do not block noise at all. Simply get up early in the morning because of the noisy guests (on top of the noise from the trucks n cars)
3. Dirty room. Apparently our room had a lot of insects. And we frequently killed some big flies . But the floor stayed extremely dirty (with dead insects around) every night. Oh, and dirty towels stayed at the same spot in the bath tube during our stay.
4. Staff simply messed up our tour and without notifying us. This hotel offers day tour for various activities. We booked a rafting tour (that was supposed to start at 1.30) in the morning. To make it easy, we chose to stay at the hotel and wait ( and the staff knew it). But they told us the tour was canceled almost at 1.30. Very disappointed service.

They obviously need better management

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
huo you l, Owner at Mountain View Retreat, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,

I sincerely apologise for your stay at our hotel however feel some parts of your review is slightly unfair and I will try and explain each point.

1. The hotel entrance is next to the main road so it can be a bit noisy however the government is planning to restrict noise on the main road as the area is national scenic area.
2. I apologise for the noise of our guests but it is the Chinese National Day Festival so most guests are mainland and hence can be very noisy at times.
3.Our Houses are Mulou Style buildings as our hotel has an pastoral feel to them. Hence the houses are made from wood which attracts bees, insects etc.
4.I am sorry about the service, I have told the staff about this and they will treat guests better next time.

Thank you for your review and we have taken your complaints into consideration. For example now we have hired professionals to get rid of the insects. I am very sorry and we invite you to stay for free next time and enjoy a new and better experiencec.

Li Huoyou
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went to Yangshuo for 3 days with some of my university friends last week. At first I was a bit hesitant as I have read both good and bad reviews for this hotel. However I really wanted to stay here as it is close to many attractions such as Moon Mountain and the mud baths, and at a reasonable price.

I was really glad that I chose this hotel. The staff are really nice, especially the receptionist Sam who was very warm and nice to us. The other staff are very interesting including a man called Ao Bama (Obama) who actually looks a bit like the president himself. The food was also really nice and the waitresses all are nice and speaks very good English. I feel that the bad reviews of this place is wrong as I have enjoyed a memorable stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Chris,

Thanks for such a kind review. We really pride ourselves on the friendliness and welcoming nature of our staff and so we're glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay.

Best regards and looking forward to seeing you again in Yangshuo,

Ao Li
PR Manager
Beeston, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had stayed at the hotel for 3 days. the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was more than satisfaction even for a foreigner like me. The hotel also has really good views. Love it, definitely going to come back here next time, I visit CHina

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
huo you l, Owner at Mountain View Retreat, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you sir for your reply. I am really glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and our view of the local mountains. I sincerely welcome you to stay at our hotel again.
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had stayed at this place for just a few hours but totally were happy with the foods. They provided us with some good foods, especially fish cooked with beer. My cousin order one thing shed never tried before which is chicken cooked in bamboo tube and it turned out to be more than expected. I strongly recommend u guys try them if u have chances to get there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
huo you l, Owner at Mountain View Retreat, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay and food at our hotel. We sincerely welcome you to stay at our hotel again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Guilin, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel beside several attractions in Yangshuo, like moon hill, Darongshu etc.But not peaceful enough because it's besides the road. There are no POS? May be it like a rural home inns more than hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your reply and I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our position. I sincerely apologise for the noise of the road as again the roads are supposed to be much quieter as trucks are banned as this is a national nature area, unfortunately this isn't enforced properly. As for POS, we do have POS both at reception and at the bar.