“Excellent facilitator” 4 of 5 stars

Yangshuo County, China
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Ni hao! I am Lilly from Yangshuo, area that for millennia has been inspiring (and still does) artists and poets from all over China. I have now more than 15 years experience in guiding in Guangxi province (mainly Yangshuo, Guilin, Longji, Guizhou area), I have guided from individuals to big foreign groups, from reknowned foreign companies (coming from the Netherlands, Australia, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada etc etc), to VIP's (I had the honour to guide the Royal Family of Sweden among the landscape of Yangshuo). I am a certified local guide and can arrange all sorts of excursions and tours. From one-day trips to whole packages lasting several days, from pick-up service at the airport to hotel bookings. I can tailor-make any excursion for your personal requirement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Excellent facilitator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Lilly Lu was not available during our trip but arranged for us to work with another local guide named Feng and have an excellent time.

Lilly did appear at our hotel on two occasions to check in with us and make sure we were having a good time.

Over two days for us Lilly and Feng organized bamboo rafting, hiking to moon hill, a visit to the Gold Cave (formerly the Silver Cave), the impressions light show and a wonderful tandem biking adventure. Feng also selected excellent local restaurants on each day.

Consistent with all of the Chinese tour guides that we have used in Beijing, Shanghai and Yangshuo, they are more of "travel facilitators" than "guides" in the European or North American sense.

I would highly recommend contacting Lilly if you are going to Yangshuo and trusting that she will find a way to meet your needs while you are there.

Visited April 2012

Uden, The Netherlands
“Great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

As a tourleader with regular package-tours to China, I've been using Lilly as a local guide for years now. She reliable, honest, flexible and great with customers. She gives clear, sound advice for activities and prices, and is the best to have around in case of trouble. I absolutely recommend using her, as she is easily the best in town.

Visited August 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent guide, very chatty and energetic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Lilly took our family on the river rafts, to the Silver Caves, on the Li River rafts and to the town market all around Yangshuo. She was very chatty, friendly and a great guide. We enjoyed all the activities.

Visited June 2011
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“A perfect visit to Yangshou - thanks to Lilly Lu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I want to personally thank Lilly Lu for taking such good care of me last month during my visit to Yangshou. Before arriving into Yangshou I worked with Lilly through her email address (lulilly12@hotmail.com) to plan the perfect visit to Yangshou, HuangYao and Longi. I sent her countless emails to make sure the plans were all set. She arranged everything for me (lodging, drivers etc). I was travelling alone (which can be a little nerve racking when you don’t speak the language) and she was waiting for me right at the airport to greet me and start our adventure together.

I am a professional photographer (in my spare time) and as a photographer my trips can become pretty demanding. I made countless changes to our original itenary, made her get up at 4AM so I could take sunrise shots like this one  http://voninski.com/image.php?gallery=224&pid=507 . For this shot she put together the fisherman, driver and raft I was shooting from all at the twilight hour of 4AM. We worked together from sunrise to sunset every single day. Another time while driving towards one location I made an on-the-spot decision to modify three days of my trip (which involved switching hotels and locations) and she easily pulled off all of the changes for me. Her professionalism, positive attitude, attention to details and genuine desire to provide me with the greatest Yangshou experience possible was refreshing and memorable.

I wholeheartedly recommend Lilly Lu and will use her services again when travelling through Yangshou. If you have any questions about Lilly or travelling through Yangshou/Longi/HuangYao etc. feel free to send me an email.

To Lilly – Thanks again for all of the hard work you did for me personally the week I spent with you. I cannot wait to come back and introduce you to Veronica and start the adventure all over again!

Visited May 2011
Rochester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A very special lady who made our trip so memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We found Lily through other reviews on Trip advisor and contacted her about our upcoming trip to Guilin and Yangshuo as we wanted to visit the Rice Terraces at Ping'an. Lily came back very quickly with a proposed day itineray, picking us from our hotel in Guilin and a private car, driver and herself as guide. I had asked for an early start to our day and Lily arrived bang on time; all through our day she kept us amused with local tales, information on culture - a sheer of mine of information!! Lily sought our advice on the events during the day but, not knowing the area, we were more than happy for her to make decisions for us on the best day to see everything we wanted. We weren't disappointed.

The weather was really bad (very mistly/foggy) on the day WE chose to visit the rice terraces and Lily worked hard to ensure we saw as much as possible as the conditions allowed. We were at View 1 in the thick fog and were about to leave when Lily said we should stay as the fog may clear, we laughed as the idea seemed absurd but within 5 minutes Lily was correct, the fog rolled away long enough for us to get great photos! The value of local knowledge on weather conditions! Lily gave us useful advice on buying goods, when to give 'small money' and how much to get some great photos in the villages. A truly great day- she even bought us hot potatoes to keep out the cold weather and as we ate these we were able to chat to the Ping'an villager (via Lily).

We then bumped into Lily again when we arrived in Yangshuo in Kellys Restaurant which she recommended (great restaurant: separate review given). We wanted to see the cormorant fishing and once again, Lily set up a great evening with a local fisherman and accompanied us all the way acting as guide between us and the fishman (who was good company and a great showman!).

We so highly recommend this special lady - her guide skills are fabulous and she made our trip to this area so memorable.

Visited March 2011