“A grat place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 367 Hotels in Yangshuo County
ottawa
“A grat place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Excellent service and a very clean establishment. The breakfast is like most of the other five star hotels in China, it lacks nothing. The staff is friendly and courteous and always ready to help.
We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
SE England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our bed was hard and the shower cubicle minute (no bath in our room). There are claimed to be two restaurants and a bar, but all we could find was a dimly lit area off reception (also used for breakfast) which only opened for a short while and looked closed when it was open. In two days stay we did not see anyone else using it. The bar stocks gin but no tonic, and one red wine and no white.

We had some laundry done during our stay and having it returned was a torturous process – first we had to check all the items where there, then she added up the bill taking several attempts and a phone call to get it right (she could not understand that to add 15% service you multiplied the total by 1.15, not 1.5) and then we could not charge it to the room and had to pay cash immediately!

The location is not good. There is a shuttle “bus” that runs to the edge of the centre (still 5 – 10 minutes walk from the real centre) every hour in the late afternoon and 45 minutes in the evening. On one of the two days we were there the 6.15pm shuttle into town did not run (or did not stop at the hotel, on the second day it was almost full when it arrived, no idea where these people came from). The walk along the main road is very unpleasant. Much better, but hardly scenic, is to turn right out of the hotel and take the first turning on the right and follow the obvious route – the distance this way to where the shuttle stops is 1.3 miles.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nice hotel, good breakfast room was clean and comfortable

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I just read Cyclopath43's review and they summed the hotel up perfectly. I was in many hotels in China on a 24 day tour and this was the poorest quality. I was also concerned about electrical safety since the lamps were 'slapped together' from an electrical perspective. We had a very good dinner the first night we were there. The hotel is huge and finding the dining room was a bit of an exercise. The location wasn't really good because we were quite a distance from the main town. There was a supermarket nearby which was helpful. We also had foot massages at a place in the complex that were fabulous.

The town is small--perhaps this is the best hotel there. It's not exciting but it is clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Erieau, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Not a great hotel but it sufficed for 1 day we stayed here

Breakfast was very good, western style

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Jasper International Hotel was a dud. It is very dated but still it is clean. It’s an enormously long hotel that stretches over several city blocks; I have never seen such a hotel in my life. Interestingly, the hotel sits right on the very edge of Yangshuo; the countryside begins right next to it.

My bedroom was quite small and, worse yet, it had a very stodgy odor, so much so that I had to open the windows to try to freshen up the room. It didn’t help; the smell permeated the room during the 24 hours that I used it. Thank goodness I spent only one night at the Jasper!

The room itself had a somewhat hard double bed with a warm and comfortable duvet. Upon a table facing the bed there was an old-fashioned TV that didn’t work, which was a real bummer. Dated furniture (night tables, chairs, mirrors, etc.) completed the very dimly lit room. (The corridors were also unbelievably dark; it was hard to even see the room number on my door.) Fortunately, the room came with a mini-fridge that actually worked.

While looking for an electrical outlet for my computer, I moved one of the night tables and saw a horrible jangle of wires right next to my bed. I prayed that they would not cause a fire while I slept during the night.

The bathroom was very poorly lit. In fact, I have rarely seen a bathroom with such terrible lighting. The room did have a dated tub and shower with plenty of hot water. Everything worked just fine, but I didn’t like the junky soap containers installed over the bathtub, so I simply used my own amenities to wash.

The hotel claims to offer free WiFi in its lobby, and clients are provided the access code to go online. However, I tried at two different times to connect to WiFi and was unsuccessful. I explained my predicament to one of the receptionists who told me to “come back and try at another time.” Umm, I didn’t feel it was worth the third effort.

Overall, this hotel was most definitely NOT worth the considerable amount of money I paid for this room. I recommend TripAdvisor readers to look elsewhere for a more suitable hotel in Yangshuo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is new or remodeled so it was very clean. The location, however, was far from the action and currently has road construction going on in front of it. I saw that another person talked about the air conditioner having problems. We talked to the staff and found what the problem was. This is not just for this particular hotel, it is for the entire country of China. They have have specifc dates on when the heater and air conditioner can be used. We visited China from March 15 - 26. On the 17th, we were in Beijing and woke up to snow, however that was also the day that all heaters had to be turned off. During the winter season cold air is not allowed and vice versa with the heater in the summer.

Room Tip: Construction was going on between March 18-20 when we were there and it looked like it would be goin...