“Need some more training ....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng

You added Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Huizhou Avenue, Tunxi District, Huangshan 245000, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 404 Hotels in Huangshan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
China
“Need some more training ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The room was very nice , spatious , so is the bathroom with tub and shower .
The light system in the room is quite complicated for example if you want only the reading light next to the bed ....
At the bar , they had not much was was written on the menu , not even any fruit juice and Mojito was not available either .
My husband asked for Heineken and got a Corona !!!
Poor service . Need more training.
The breakfast was very good , big choice and good quality at the buffet .

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
September 10, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write to us on your stay experience. We sincerely disappointed that we unable to meet your expectation and will take immediate action to rectify those issues with the related department to ensure same thing will not happen again.

I wish to have the chance to welcoming you back to Huangshan and to Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng in the near future.

With kind regards,

Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our first family trip to Huangshan and we are very pleased with the selection of the Crowne Plaza. This was a family trip with my wife and two daughters, ages 10 and 8. The property is new and well designed - not to mention in a great location. Our room had a great view of the river and a wonderful sunset. The swimming pool was a hit with the kids and the restaurants offered a wide range of choices for all. The staff were very accomodating and the management were attentive to detail and provided excellent advice for our travel to Mount Huangshan. Special thanks to Addison Wong,GM, and to Edward Ruan, Customer Service Mgr. for the time spent with us to make this a memorable trip. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Book a room with Club Floor access and with a view of the river (and sunset). The snacks are great a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng. I'm glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Your headline and comment is most valuable for us. Your positive feedback on the quality of service is very encouraging and I have shared it with my team. Thank you for recommending Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

- The first 2 bottles of water are complimentary. Asked for an additional 2 bottles; but said they would charge 25RMB/bottle. I can purchase bottled water at a nearby store for 3RMB. Incredible !!!

- They turn off the AC at night around 3AM and does not come back on until around 9AM. You wake up in middle of the night in a hot stuffy room soaking wet from sweating. Room temperatures reached 28C after the AC is turned off. It was difficult getting a good nights sleep.

- My return flight was delayed so I asked if I could get a late check out and I would pay extra if I had to. I wanted to check out at around 8PM. They tried charging me a full day including Breakfast for the following morning. Why would I want breakfast when I only want to stay an additional 6hrs? Finally agreed on a half the room rate for the extra 6 hrs. Later on in the day, around 6:10PM, my return flight was further delayed so I asked for an additional hour to check out at 9PM. The assistant manager informed me that since I asked after 6PM, it is against company policy to allow for additional time and the hotel was fully booked and my room was needed for the next guest checking-in that evening. Hard to believe, the hotel is dead empty. I checked out at 8PM as originally planned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng.

I was pleased to read about your detailed feedback about your stay in our hotel. I have shared your feedback with the hotel management team. We feel regret to know that our service did not meet you expectation, and we are delighted that you shared this comment with us. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our service which is always one of our targets. Hope we can have you during your next visit in Huangshan, and we certainly will try our best to deliver our brand promise to meet your expectation.

Thank you for staying with Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards

Haikou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have stayed at the CP HuangShan on several occasions now and this is by a long way the best accommodation option anywhere in the HuangShan area. Although just opened, and experiencing the usual hiccups, the hotel has wonderful facilities and the staff are courteous and friendly. I have eaten at the Riverside Cafe several times for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food quality, range and service is improving each time. I have not used the spa or pool/gym areas yet, but the pool area looks damned nice. A disclaimer, I am an expat living locally and have met the managers of the hotel on several occasions. But regardless of that, you will not find better within a three hour drive. Looking forward to more CP HuangShan experiences.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. RIver view rooms with the city in the background maybe the pick.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

thank you for selecting Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng as your preferred accomodation in Huangshan
I'm very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great feedback on the quality of service, and our leisure facilities.

Please let me know when you are back to the hotel. I would be delighted to meet you personally during your next visit.

Best Regards
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our room was well equipped and attractive, with everything we needed close to hand. We had a view of the river, the beds were comfortable, the air-conditioning was unobtrusive and the bathroom was great with separate areas for showering, bathing and using the toilet.
There are still some issues with service - not all the frontline staff spoke English but everyone was friendly and willing to help. After eating in the lounge bar, the table was not cleared and no-one came to offer another round of drinks etc. However, I have found this to be a trend in China, so maybe it's purely a cultural difference.
We had gone to Huangshan to visit the Yellow Mountain and it was a fair journey to the bottom of the mountain, via taxi. The hotel manager explained that plans for a shuttle bus are under discussion but are not yet available. Our chief gripe was that the map we were given by the hotel concierge was inaccurate, in that there are two cable cars from the base station and not one as stated on the map. This meant that we were in a completely different place on the mountain than we thought and we had to walk a lot further than expected, because of the error.
The swimming pool area was still under construction, although it was open on trial for one of the days we were there. It's a beautiful pool and will add to the pleasure of a stay at this hotel once it is finished.
Although it is within the hotel, the spa seems to be run by a different company - the decor and service were of a different standard. The facilities were good and a much-needed foot massage was relaxing and healing.
During our stay, the restaurant was hosting a three-day Children's event so we stayed well away, although our friends took their children there and they had a great time.
We really enjoyed our two nights at the Crowne Plaza, Huangshan, but I do think they need to provide a better map of the area, as many of their guests will be coming to visit the Yellow Mountain, as we were.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience here on tripadvisor, we are pleased to read that you liked our facilities and services. Your feedback we receive through here is of great value to us, but also to find out where we have opportunities to improve. Please kindly know that our swimming pool has already opened for business on 1 June, and the map has been updated. Again thank you very much for talking your time to writing this review. look forward to welcoming you back soon

Been to Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng? Share your experiences!