Wow what a place, in the small town of San Pedro which in the past few years has become quite the backpackers haven, the Awasi hotel is a little oasis of luxury.
A small hotel set in town, built in the traditional adobe architecture, it is stunning.
The rooms are lovely, excellent beds which are prepared exactly to your likeing according to a short special request questionaire filled in before arrival. The bathrooms are very spacious, with indoor and outdoor showers, private courtyards to every room.
The rooms are very cleverly heated to keep out the evening cold (often below freezing) and the adobe building method keeps them cool during the day.
The service is very personalized and excellent. They prepare thing for you, before you realised you actually want them or need them. Every detail of your stay is covered or thought of in advance. Relaxation is a must, with the layed back atmosphere and the high altitude, this is anavoidable.
The young chief is a genius, with heaps of passion and a total love for what he does he surprised us with local dishes of superb quality at every meal. No special request is too much work for this kitchen team and with only 16 guest to cook for at any one time, the individual attention to detail is awesome. We absolutely loved the local hernal tea called rica rica which only grows in this part of the world.
The hotel is an all inclusive package experience, which include excursions with a personal guide assigned to you for the duration of your stay. This is fantastic as your visit is completely tailor made to your interests, fitness level and sence of adventure. Be careful though as the altitude will get the better of you as we quickly found out, regardless of how tough or fit you think you are. However the guides are totally geared up for this and very professional about it.
Being in the resort design profession, we were curious to visit EXPLORA hotel in San Pedro as well, as we had stay at the EXPLORA in Patagonia earlier, we were pleasantly surprised. Awasi is much much nicer, excellent quality all round and a far more personalized service.
Highly recommend Awasi, hands down, a wow experience in a stunning location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodge located at the Atacama Desert, Chile. Only property in the region to be an affiliate of Relais & Chateaux. With only 8 ample rooms, we provide tailor made experiences, assigning a private guide and a 4x4 vehicle to each cottage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, T4B and Orbitz so you can book your Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awasi Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux San Pedro De Atacama, Chile