“perfect place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parina Atacama Apart Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Parina Atacama Apart Hotel to your Saves list
Parina Atacama Apart Hotel
Pasaje Lasana 660 | Sector Punta de Diamante, San Pedro de Atacama 1410000, Chile   |
Santiago, Chile
“perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel twice ( march 2010 y diciembre 2010) .And I can recommend this hotel for everybody! Very nice place with good service- Very clean, comfortable .Good quality and good price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

The archicteture of the hotel is very intersting and typical of the desert region. Rosana and Karina are very kind and the litle pool could be useful sometimes when we return from Tatio or to refresh our brains.
The Rosana's hints about restaurants, tours, travel agencies were very important to organize our trip.
If we travel with kids is important to know tha all of the people will sleep in the same room.
Some litle things and details like water in the fridge, or recomendations to start to know the amazing desert will be great.
When we were there Rosana stay in the hotel just the two first days. I think that the presence of the owner in the hotel is very important.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Dear Manager,
I would like to express my appreciation to the two staff during my stay in Parina Atacama Apart Hotel, Chile.

I am a Singaporean and I could only speak english. When I and my friend reached this hotel, the receptionist couldn´t speak English and we couldn´t speak Spanish. As we were first time in this new environment, alot of questions in our mind that we needed some people to communicate so that to solve our problems, eg, the confirmation of our tour schedules, changing money etc. However, the Rceptionist, Ms Karina, couldn´t understand what we said. I am fractuated. But she handled our problems patiently to call whoever were able to speak English to help us. It took a very long time for her to look for somebody who were able to help us. I really appreciated her patience and assistance at that moment till our tour agency called us to finalise the matter.

The next day I and my friend were to wake up early at five o´clock to meet our tour guide so I required Ms Karina to prepare our breakfast to be ready by four she did not make any noise that wake up too early but showing me by actions that that she would put everything in our frige as she did not want to disturb us. She had been dong her duties well. As a non spanish foreigner , I am really impressive about her attitude towards the guests.

Another person I am impressive was Ms Rosani. When she came to know that we were unable to communicate with Ms Karina, she stopped me and told me that I could use her computer by using the translator website to communicate with them. As my trip was from Bolivia to Chile. It had been many days that I did not communicate with my dearest family members and friends, so I occupied her computer very long time and I asked her for the charges, but she refused to charge me and said that It was her pleasure to serve me as her guest. I was very touched with her gesture. Another thing I would like to mention about her was when she knew that I wanted to get a English-Spanish Dictionary she offered her dictionary which she bought to me free of charge. Well, I did not know her well but she offered it sincerely from her heart, I was touched with her offer too.

I am writing to express my feeling towards these two staff. They are indeed very kind, offering help when necessary, patience to all guests. Although my stay in this hotel was only three days, however I am very grateful to them for every moment when I communicate with them.

Once again, I would like to express my appreciation to two of them.Thank you so much , Ms Karina and Ms Rosani. God Bless to two of you.

Warmest regards
Tan Poh Kian, A non-spanish speaking Singaporean

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My brother and I traveled to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile and stayed at Parina Atacama Apart Hotel on September 23, 2010. Streets and addresses are poorly marked in San Pedro de Atacama so we had to drive around for 10 or 15 minutes to find the place.

Parina Atacama Apart Hotel is really an apartment, not a hotel (thus Apart). Our apartment was 2 stories – kitchen and bathroom were downstairs, beds were in the loft. There was a stove, sink, refrigerator, and breakfast nook. The apartment was clean, colorful and nicely decorated. We believed this would be a good place to stay while exploring the Atacama Desert for a few days. We continue to believe that, even though we only stayed 1 night.

Rosana the host knew we were leaving early the next morning so she prepared our complimentary breakfast of juice, yogurt, rolls, butter, jam, and ham and put it in our refrigerator the afternoon we arrived. Awesome!

We originally meant to spend 3 nights here. A month before the trip we had to reduce our stay to 2 nights because of a bus scheduling problem in Arequipa, Peru. Once we began traveling we had to reduce our stay to 1 night because of another bus scheduling problem in Arica, Chile. Each time we informed Rosana promptly. When we made our original reservation we paid a 1 night deposit of 55.000 CLP.

The staff do not speak any English at all – not that they should have to. This is Chile and a Spanish-speaking country. Still, they are in the tourist industry in a town that is popular with North Americans and Europeans. My brother and I know very little Spanish, though enough to get around in Peru and other parts of Chile. But here at Parina Atacama Apart Hotel we had a real language barrier. Email communication was somewhat easier because I was able to use http://translate.google.com

Our unfortunate experience came at almost 11 p.m. (23:00) when Rosana the host came knocking at our door. She was asking for more money – another night's fee – because we had reduced our stay from 3 to 2 to 1 night(s). We were angered by this since we had already paid for our 1 night stay. Additionally, we tried in good faith to not change our reservation and when we couldn't, we informed Rosana promptly. In my view, a cancellation fee is justified when the entire reservation is canceled on short notice. I don't believe a cancellation fee is justified in our situation for the above mentioned reasons.

I did eventually pay Rosana an additional 55.000 CLP in cash (she wouldn't take a credit card) but I made it clear we were very unhappy. I was maybe sophomoric when I opened my iPhone Trip Advisor app, pointed at it and told her "no se recomienda." She left and I began feeling regret over being so angry. About 20 minutes later she came knocking again and returned my money. She gave an explanation (in Spanish of course) which I did not understand very well, but it was something about a misunderstanding, being out-of-the-loop, etc. She asked "Bueno?" to which we replied "Si."

So... she did give our money back, the service and property were otherwise excellent. I just wish we hadn't had this ugly exchange. I mean, what a buzz-kill.

I'd be willing to give Parina Atacama Apart Hotel another chance. If you choose to stay there you will probably have a fine time. My advice? – don't change your reservation and learn some Spanish.

My apologies if I offended Rosana or if you think I was wrong in how I responded to the money situation. I'm filing this experience under "traveling and learning".

• Stayed September 2010
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed four nights with my wife and my parents. We had two rooms. The kitchen was key for us. Rosana was very helpful, both when we were there and with planning before we arrived. She arranged for Don Jose to pick us up at the airport and he was a great guide. The only drawback is that we were there during the winter and the rooms get quite cold at night. Each room has a small heating unit that you can use from 7 - 11pm, but it's not powerful enough for the volume of the lofts. The good thing is that there's plenty of hot water and more than enough really warm blankets. And during the rest of the year, it's probably not an issue at all. Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

They deliver what they sell, what is not usual in San Pedro. Good pricing, excelent service, the heat system works. It´s 10 minutes on foot from downtown, which is good, because it´s silent there. If you will pay with credit card, make sure it´s understood with the management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

The owner Rosana was extremely friendly and helpful. She transported our family down town whenever we need and so we don't need to walk all the way to town center. The apart hotel is very beautifully designed. Breakfasts were brought to us in the morning or evening whenever we need to wakeup in the early morning. The bakery SWISS at the corner of Parina is probably the best bakery I have ever tasted. The restaurant beside SWISS serves delicious lunch for the average price of 2000 peso (<5 USD).

More than anything else is "ATACAMA DESERT IS VERY BEAUTIFUL"

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Parina Atacama Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!