“Outstanding value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal

You added Hotel Royal to your Saves list
Hotel Royal
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Near Centre Psar Nath Market, Battambang, Cambodia   |
Ranked #7 of 40 Battambang B&B and Inns
Martigné-Ferchaud, Bretagne, France
“Outstanding value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Clean, comfortable,cool and quiet. Spacious rooms furnished to a higher standard than most places made it outstanding value. Add to this the friendly and helpful staff who went that extra mile to help us overcome transport problems due to flooding, made this the best of the half dozen places I stayed during my visit to Cambodia. Its central position meant we could get round easily on foot, with plenty of restaurants nearby and the rooftop was handy for breakfast, serving the best coffee of my trip.

Room Tip: Staff were happy to show us several rooms to choose from. All seemed of a high standard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a nice hotel, and the good rates made it an outstanding bargain. The staff was helpful and accommodating, from lining up a moto rental, to getting us van tickets to Phnom Penh when the big busses were having difficulty with high river water. There were plenty of restaurants in a couple block radius with practically any cuisine you desire. The rooftop restaurant is good for breakfast as well as a late-night drink.

Room Tip: Try the midrange air con room for good comfort at a decent price. Not a great view, but it was espec...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

It is truly my favorite hotel in Battambang, staff were so outstanding, pretty good for traveler and cozy room with fully equip. I got a beautiful room, private balcony over looking to the super view, and air-conditioning was super cool could cover the whole room. They serve breakfast on the rooftop from 6AM til 10AM, I got the best coffee in Cambodia, my omelet was decent, the staffs in the restaurant were so helpful and friendly, I have been told about their story during the POL POT regime, good management, super talent manager LAY, he is multiple language speaker, he want to make sure everybody done a good job, Highly recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: my room 307 is brilliant
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I came here for dinner during Pchum Ben as I had been told it would be open. The food was delicious, and all of the staff were SO friendly and nice. I wish I had stayed here instead of my actual hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was travelling to Battambang in June 2013, this was my best hotel ever I stayed in Cambodia, Great Size of Rooms, Helpful information service, and the best location hotel in Battambang, Heart of Battambang City, they make us feel at home, second home in Cambodia, specially I had a warm welcome from the lovely young manager LAY, he is the multi language speaking, I was talking with him about his own bussiness and his life, when I checked out from this hotel, I received a memorable scaft from the hotel, I have been told this is a symbol of luck and happiness and prosperity , so I can earn much money and return back to Battambang, hopefully, Highly recomended ROYAL HOTEL BATTAMBANG.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the balcony, my best room ever in Cambodia.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 nights in September 2013. Room was good value for money and the staff were friendly and ever helpful with info about what to do and where to go around the town. Will stay there again when I am next in Cambodia.

• Stayed September 2013
Belfast, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booked in here for 2 days as we were expecting to travel around the rest of Cambodia. but there was so many things to do in Battembang & the staff at the hotel were so friendly we ended up staying 2 further nights.

Will stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Royal? Share your experiences!