I have to agree with previous reviewers that this hotel is well worth the money. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with lavish (some might say ostentatious) fixtures and furnishings, and a great shower. There was a good free WIFI connection and adequate a/c. Friendly, helpful staff though I got the impression that they could have benefited from some extra customer service/staff training as they seemed rather inexperienced.
There were regular power outages in the town during our stay, but the powerful hotel generator meant that nothing in the hotel was affected other than TV channel selection.
This hotel could easily be classed as excellent with a few simple extras:-
1) Screen off the huge glass windows/doors at the rear of the reception lobby through to the back of the hotel (where all the cleaning materials etc are kept and one of the first things that new visitors see).
2) Have the restaurant staff at breakfast keep on top of the buffet table. Items were constantly running out and it seemed to come as a surprise to the staff to have to keep replenishing them. Again, this comes down to staff training I think, and is easily remedied.
3) Swimming pool - which is in the process of being built at the moment.
I offer this constructive criticism in an effort to raise the level of service given by the King Fy hotel to excellent rather than merely very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Battambang's historic city centre, King Fy Hotel offers modern rooms with the latest conveniences - air-con, free Wi-Fi, 32" Flat Screen TV with satellite channels. Free pick up from the dock, bus stations, and shuttles to the shopping areas. Rooms appointed to the highest standards with private balcony & views of the Sangke River. A safe, minibar, and writing desk are included. Bathrooms have a rain shower or spa bathtub. The hotel is on the Sangke river in the historic centre near Wat Kandal and Wat Pacha and the Museum. Guests can rent a bicycle, or have us arrange a tour to the surrounding pagodas and temples in the spectacular countryside. The hotel has spa treatments, a mini-mart & souvenir shop, laundry services, a conference centre - currency can be exchanged. Our Coriander Restaurant specialises in Asian and European cuisine. Beautiful sunset views and cocktails can be enjoyed at our Terrestrial Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your King Fy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.