“lovely food and ridiculously cheap” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 75 Restaurants in Battambang
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“lovely food and ridiculously cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went here both nights we stayed in Battambang. We dined on the balcony overlooking the street. Both the view and the food were great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Magog, Canada
“Ordinary food, poor service but cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We told our yuk-tuk guy that we did not want western food tonite, he took us there.
Menu is quite extensive but many items were not available as they were out of season.
The first dish finally arrived one hour after we entered the restaurant. Really nothing special about the food.
Nice environment though and very cheap. $20 for 4 of us with some beer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Battambang, null, Cambodia
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I use to work here as a volunteer. The food is good here but the service is plain non-existant. The place is mostly ran with kids that should be in school and the pay is slave cheap. What this place is needs is customer service and the time it takes to prepare some dishes is ridiculously long. I waited 45 minutes for their burger dish one time and the only reason why I would go back here is if I had lots of time to waste and because it's in the middle of the city.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Quality going down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been to White Rose many times over the last 6 months. Lately the quality of the food seems to be declining (rice a bit on the dry side for example). And the service is not as customer friendly. I was given a coconut which tasted bad and the shell was almost empty. Staff refused to replace it for free. Lost my business.

Visited April 2013
Phuket
“Fabulous for sure, I got it wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

There is no question that the White Rose is one of the best restaurants in Battambang, most Cambodians say the best. The reson for my low rating is my own fault and it's just to try and help others not make the same mistake. I went for breakfast. Two eggs, baguette, butter and coffee. Eggs just smothered in oil, several tissues trying to soak it up, baguette good but hard to get a bad one in Cambodia, butter was very sweet cake margarine (terrible) and coffee was Cambodian which was very strong and thick with the only milk available being sweetened condensed milk. Why would you go to a famous Cambodian restaurant for a western breakfast? As I say, my mistake, hopefully you don't make the same one

Visited April 2013