“Miserable unfriendly service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Vancouver, Canada
“Miserable unfriendly service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Lonely planet bills this place as Battambang's answer to Starbucks and their choice of coffee is certainly extensive but the main woman in there has to be the most miserable unfriendly person I've come across in Cambodia- spend your money elsewhere!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Tried this place for breakfast ONCE. The service put me off as I didn't find the staff friendly at all. The menu stated coffee or another option was coffee with refills which they charged more for. I pointed out I wanted the coffee with refills option, and during my stay I had 3 coffees. I was given the bill before I left, being charged for 2 coffees. I checked the menu, which still stated ' refills ' so all clear there, before I took my bill to the counter to tell them of their mistake. They told me you only get one refill, even though I pointed at the menu for them, showing it stated ' with refills ' . No ifs, no buts, you pay for 2 coffees.

Both the coffee and the encounter left a bad taste in my mouth.

Wouldn't return again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great Food, Not So Great Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good place to eat and relaxing atmosphere. They have books to read/trade in for. It is a nice place to eat and hang out for a bit.

They have a great quesadilla. I get it every time I go. I got coffee once and it was terrible. It is the typical strong Cambodian coffee. Not good even in a latte. Even though the coffee is a disappointment, the food is not! Recommend the food especially the quesadilla. The breakfast is also good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tonopah, Nevada
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went there several months ago and had a not very good impression, but was encouraged to give it another try by friends who like it. I ordered ice tea and a chicken sandwich. The sandwich ws okay, but I got coffee instead. i sent it back, and said I wanted iced tea with a bit of lime in it. I got a drink with no ice, that was about 50% lime juice. Very very sour. So I sent that back and had water. When I went to pay, the woman at the counter said, rather rudely, that I had to pay for the iced tea and insisted that they gave me what I ordered. Well, I didn't mind paying for it, it wasn't much, but I didn't like her rude attitude. and, it isn't what I'd ordered. I wasn't going to spend a lot of stress over a small amount of money, but I told her I'd never be back and she said "Good!" Most of the restaurants in Battambang have gotten good reviews from me, so it's not that I'm some spoiled impossible to please person.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The breakfast at the hotel looked uninviting so I went wandering and found this coffee house. A wall with autographs and comments showed that this was a place frequented by a number of tourists. Food was good as far as breakfast was concerned and the service was prompt. Coffee was OK but it's hard to get a good coffee if the beans aren't good in the first place. In any case I went there three times and found it to be a good way to start the day.

• Visited September 2013