“Nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Khemara Battambang I Hotel

You added The Khemara Battambang I Hotel to your Saves list
The Khemara Battambang I Hotel
Building #611, Street 515, Chrey Kourng Village | Sangkat Slaket, Battambang, Cambodia   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Battambang
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

A very standard hotel, not bad but not attractive. Reasonably clean, good size rooms, without any charm.
Breakfast is adequate, at best.

Room Tip: It seems that the rooms in the reception building are better than the ones in the other building (bu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

In 2010 I enjoyed 5 weeks at the hotel, this year only 2 weeks while volunteering in Battambang. It is a home away from home, with the room adequately furnished with TV, fridge, balcony and the room and bathroom was always clean. The staff are delightful, greeting you like an old friend. Great value at $15 a night!!!!! A buffet breakfast is available for $2.50!!! You can't go passed the great value, but it's the staff that make the hotel special!!!!!

Room Tip: A room in D Block on level 3 is away from the main larger building.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I am happy to hear you got a great value from the Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel during your visit to Battambang and you were very happy with the staff services. Thanks for choosing Khemara and hope you come back again.
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed 2 nites in Nov. Good deal - swimming pool, air con, clean roooms, twin beds, free 2 pieces of laundry, buffet brekkie at additional USD2. Only thing I hated was the funky smell from the flowers in the entrance and swimming pool. Even the locals I was with wondered why they planted those type of trees and found the smell unpleasant. I am going back to Battambong next year and seriously, the smell is the only thing that might make me stop staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I spent just over 2 weeks at this hotel, whilst volunteering in Battambang. I just love this place, the staff were so friendly. I stayed in a twin room for only $15 a night, the room was adequately provided, tv, shower and fridge. The room was always clean. I had a little verandah which was great to wind down on with a drink watching Cambodian life. The pool was great. Buffet breakfast was only $2.50 and the food was delicious and service fantastic. You can also get a massage for $7 for an hour, what more could you want.

Battambang, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The pool is amazing and the kids love it - even a kid part of the pool! The rooms are ok, though the shower area could always use more cleaning. Our family have stayed in the twin rooms - for $15! I stayed in the VIP room one night (large and with a king bed) because they were full that night. I slept great b/c the VIP room does not have a window! It also has a real tub! $25. Beds are average in comfort but the best place to stay in town for the price and the pool!

They have an exercise room - for a fee - as well as a massage center which is the the best in town but does not compare to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap in quality. Clean and professional.

Room Tip: Amazing pool!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your accomodation during your visit to Battambang, Cambodia. I am happy to hear that you amaze with the pool which your kid love it. Yes, we try to provide you the best services at the low cost so that guests can enjoy the great value. Thanks for the feedback and hope you'll come back and again stay at Khemara.
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was recommended to this hotel by the director of an orphanage I was visiting. I had a room for 2 nights at only $15 a night. Very good value.

I didn't need the services of the hotel to help me plan my time there. The staff were nice however when I asked simple questions they weren't able to help. They didn't seem well trained.

The rooms were clean as was the bathroom. The cocktails at the bar were not available. There seemed to be some obnoxious 'group' tourists staying in the hotel. Shame. I didn't really like the breakfast. I would rather find a morning market and eat great local food. The breakfast was very standard buffet food and cold.

Even giving it three stars I would consider staying again. Bed quality and quiet are important and I would be travelling for the same reasons. Cost is important to me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

We recently stayed at Khemara I hotel during our stay in Battambang, a family of four in two rooms. We booked online which we received prompt responses and a warm greeting. We booked a standard twin $15/night and a VIP suite adjoining $25/night. Overall good value for a comfortable room with air cond. I would not stay in the VIP suite again as there are no windows and although large probably not worth the extra.

The rooms were reasonable although then floors were filthy which we pointed out to the staff. The cleaning staff then came and swept the room which is all they probably do normally but they need a good wash. Walk around for a few minutes barefoot and you will have black feet.

On arrival in the room the VIP suite had no bottled water available which was not a big problem because the shop across the road sells water which I was prepared to buy. When I asked the about the complimentary water with the staff the cleaning staff insisted that they had put it in the room and seemed to blame us for taking it although we had just arrived. Eventually they brought a couple of bottles.

We were on the 4th floor and were the only occupants on the floor as far as I could tell. That meant the cleaning staff wanted to clean our room first thing in the morning whilst we were still there. They could have waited until we went out for the day. The lights in the hallway are often turned off to save power I guess which can make it a little dark at times, but hey I'm all for saving the planet.

At the end of our stay I went to pay the bill and presented a nice crisp almost new $100 US note only to be told that they could not accept it as it had a small blemish in the right corner. It was all I had but they refused to accept it. The desk staff told me to go to town and get another from the ATM, just like where I got the one in my wallet. Unbelievable, the restaurant in town accepted my cash readily later on though.

Overall, for the price the hotel is acceptable, nice pool too, but for the same price or less you can get similar accommodation in town closer to restaurants etc. The staff could be a little more friendly and accommodating and they seem to have silly little rules and regulations, like pool tickets and breakfast tickets which they are very inflexible about.

I would give it another go in the future if they improve their service and wash the floors

• Stayed October 2011

Been to The Khemara Battambang I Hotel? Share your experiences!