“Will not be revisiting!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Nessebar Palace

You added Sol Nessebar Palace to your Saves list
Sol Nessebar Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   7B Aurelia Boulevard, Nessebar 08230, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Nessebar
Tipton, United Kingdom
“Will not be revisiting!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not for single people who wish to venture out locally.

Rooms was decent size and very modern with the maid cleaning everyday with daily towel change to which is always good, disappointing though as there was only one English channel we could watch as well. Also the minibar was not explained very well by the travel agent as it was a case of being billed every time you used it.

Visited the travel agent to book girly week away just before Christmas we was limited as to where we could go seems we both only had that one week to look at so we went into the travel agent to suggest some places and advice, Bulgaria came up.

We wanted somewhere relaxing, nice and hot with all inclusive hot meals and good entertainment, with the option to venture by foot outside the resort to visit bars and restaurants so Sol Nessebar Palace was suggested we even paid extra for this hotel.

Upon arrival we was concerned we was in the middle of nowhere.
The service was poor at the hotel upon arrival as the porter was very rude he carried our bags to our room and then refused to leave without a tip we only had English money as we had only just arrived and tried to explain we only have English money so tipped him with that and he just complained no Euros??? I said no sorry, how ungrateful is that!

First impression of the restaurant was school canteen, also not a welcoming atmosphere either the food was just about warm with option of reheating in microwave, mm when you paid 5 star you expect hot food not to have to reheat! Also the canteen staff was annoying with you as you would put food down to go fetch drink or some toast etc, and they would clean the table without even checking first to see if you have finished was very annoying.

They was hardly any entertainment at night which was very disappointing all we got was it was out of season, that we should come June, July and August height of the season, but why wasn't this explained before the booking? Also not explained was all inclusive drinks stop at 11pm which is early so used to at least 12pm finish.

I would not recommend 5 star the hotel is lovely looking palace but more a lower rating in my eyes as we was miles away from things also the food was cold sometimes warm if lucky and the staff was okay but far to hands on in the canteen which makes it uncomfortable. The beach was ok but not the greatest all I saw all the time was quite a few jelly fish being washed up on the shore.

I would not recommend this hotel to single people as for two single women there was not a lot to offer. I was disappointed with the weather to which didn't help the stay.

Room Tip: Do not ask for room which is the front of the hotel as all you see is fields and some sort of pottin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Waves77,
I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort.
Thank you for having chosen Sol Nessebar Palace for your holiday, as well as for your feedback.
I am glad, that the room and the cleanliness in our hotel have met your expectations, but on the other hand I am very sad, that there were manners and aspects of services which were disapointing. Please acsept my appologies about it.
On the quality meeting every detail given in your feedback had been discussed by the management very carefully. Conclusions are drawn and measures are taken respectivelly.
Let me hope that we could persuade you to return again next summer season and give us a chance to satisfy your holiday needs.. Let me also mention, that newly a new street between our resort and Sunny beach is built. It is a very good thing, especially for single people who wish to venture out locally... and a good reason to visit us again.

Best regards,
Quality Manager
Sol Nessebar Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Visited travel agent wanted somewhere relaxing and nice and hot, all inclusive and good entertainment . With the option of being able to venture outside the resort and visit other restaurants and bars accordingly.

Nessebar Palace hotel was recommended what a huge mistake , Upon arrival was very concerned that it appeared to be in the middle of nowhere . The service was poor at the hotel upon arrival. The porter carried our bags and refused to leave until he received a tip , we hadn't had the opportunity to change our money and could only offer english money at that time. He was rude and complained he only wanted Euros !!!!! How ungrateful !!!.

The hotel was clean and had towels changed on a daily basis. Couldn't really fault that aspect.

My first impression at breakfast was that it resembled a school canteen . That is what the atmposphere was like. The food was cold -stone cold- not even a little bit warm. There was a microwave in the food hall-shouldn't the food already be hot if it has just been cooked? I decided to go for boiled eggs on toast. When I left the table to toast my bread, they cleared away our plates with our eggs on . Clearly we had not finished in fact we hadn't even started our meal.

The food around the pool area was always swarming with wasps.

There was hardly any entertainment and when questioned the staff would say we were out of season. We had paid for entertainment and shows in the £605 price tag .

Dogs are allowed at this hotel ?? A 5 star hotel ? This was not mentioned either.

I would rate this 3 star at most because it was clean. Could have had a far better holiday with hot weather , good food , entertainment and clearly a hotel that was not out of season. It was also worth mentioning the all inclusive drinks stop at 11pm I am used to this being 12pm.

There was absolutely nothing going on after this - just not suitable for 2 single ladies.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear CurlySue2013,
Thank you for having chosen Sol Nessebar Palace for your holiday with your friends and for spending  time to give us your feedback.
 From your comments I am glad to perceive that you were happy with your room and the cleanliness of the hotel, but on the other hand I am very sad to observe that your first impression at check in was disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies about it. We have discussed the case with the front office manager; she will take the necessary measures to avoid any confusing situations in future.
Following your further comments I would like to use the opportunity and let you know that we are changing our policy regarding pets. Next season we will not accept pets any more. Although we love them, we have to think about our guests with allergies, whose holiday with us should be free of any doubts.
Considering all, I still would like to hope that you will visit us again next year and give us another chance to serve you. It would be nice if you decide to experience this and any other changes we do each now season in order to adapt to the changing needs of our guests.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have just returned from our first holiday to Bulgaria. Hotel was great very clean staff were very helpful and well mannered room was lovely and comfortable food was good and plenty to choose from though maybe a little cold sometimes. we would recommend this hotel to anyone hope to anyone. Thankyou for a wonderful holiday. Andy and Bev.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Andew C,
I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort.
Thank you for having chosen Sol Nessebar Palace for your holiday and for having taken the time to share your holiday experience with us on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate the feedback that you have given about our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, and we all hope to see you both in our hotel again!
Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Loved Nessebar, It's a place worth visiting and has the old world atmosphere.

Very much enjoyed our stay at the Sol Nessebar Palce Hotel. Quick check in, large comfortable room, with walk in shower, which was a blessing to us.

The food was very good and there was always something nice to eat. The lobby bar staff were very helpful and always had a smile for us. (it does help to tip them a few Lev, recommended 2 Lev)

The only complaint I had was that the indoor swimming pool was very cold and not a joy to swim in. However I had a wonderful message in the spa and would recommend that.

All in all a lovely holiday and we would both recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear ColeHouse,
I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort.
I would like to thank you for your visit and for the time spent on sharing your expressions from Sol Nessebar Palace.
Our team is glad to hear that you "very much enjoyed" your stay with us, and that you loved the atmosphere in the old town of Nessebar. The chef is happy you liked the food, and she is thinking over a solution of offering hot dishes at a temperature, that meets the expectation of our british guests, thank you for this comment.
Our lobby bar staff loved serving you, and I am sure they would do so with or without a tip; however, a tip is in my opinion a sign for satisfied customers :).
Thank you once again and I hope you to visit us again for another "lovely holiday"!
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

21st to 28th sept, room was great, really spacious, bathroom excellent with both bath and walk in shower. towels changed daily, rooms cleaned daily,cleanliness was second to none all over the hotel and grounds, staff work really hard and all we met were very friendly, always a smile and an acknowledgement. breakfast was excellent, the choice of food for lunch and dinner was really good the only downside was that some of the dishes were lukewarm/cold which was a shame as had they been hot then all meals would have been excellent . we did not have much entertainment of an evening but think this was due to it being so close to the end of the season, however this did not detract from the good time we had. we met some lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would def return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Audrey J,

I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort.
Thank you for having selected Sol Nessebar Palace for your holiday, and moreover we appreciate the time that you have set aside to share your experience with us and with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to rhear that you have enjoyed your stay with us although at the end of the season. I am glad to know that you were happy with the room and the food (thank you for the remark about the temperature - next summer it will be addapt to the needs of our western eurooean guests).
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, who had always a smile for you; I am sure that our team will be very happy to hear from you - you motivate us to never stop giving our best in our service.

I am very pleased to know that you will return for another visit and I am looking forward to welcoming you personally then.

Kind regards,

Quality Manager
Sol Nessebar Resort
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

this was a very clean and comfortable hotel. rooms were spacious and of a high standard the staff are very helpful and are always ready to help you the animation team were also friendly and the evening entertainment was the best my wife and I have ever seen the only down side was the food at lunch and dinner was cold will certainly go back to this hotel

Room Tip: ask for a high sea room with a large balcony
Dear Maxwell m,

I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Palace.
Thank you for your visit, as well as for the time you had spent to review our hotel.

While reading your feedback I had the pleasure to see, that the purpose of our efforts is acheived - you have had a nice holiday with us, and you are going to visit us again!

Your satisfaction is our motivation to never stop the endavors to be better one day after the other.

Wishing you all the best we are all looking forward to welcoming you in Sol Nessebar Palace next summer again! Should you let us know in advance, we would reserve the same room, high floor, large balcony and nice sea view, especially for you.

Kind regards,

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

great hotel,clean tidy,very friendly staff,always willing to help.late booking with a quick change from sunny beach(thank god) rooms big,clean,and fully equipped, food was the only downer,wasnt bad!great choice,looked after properly not just left out, brilliant choice of desserts, but the mains,just luke warm or cold,and yes they have a microwave,but its never the same,British its not but we do like food hot,its the way the Bulgarians eat it, just strange to us,put that aside a fantastic choice,and something to suit all pallettes,as its last few days of there season rather quiet,but thats the way we like it,weather wasnt bad either,got a good bit of a tan,ready for the winter,a very big thanks to you all.

Room Tip: we went for a quiet room,top floor facing the road,hardly heard a thing
Dear Julian h,

Thank you for your choice and for having taken the time to review our hotel.
It is such a pleasure to read your positive impression about your room, its equipment, the great choice of food, especially desserts, thank you!
We appreciate also your comment about the temperature of the hot dishes - during the low season we have enough time to find a solution and addapt to the needs of our guests, who prefer hot dishes really hot.

I am very pleased that you are satisfied with the staff, allways ready to help; I will inform them about your positive impression.

In the end, I am happy, that you have got a good bit of a tan and are ready for the winter, as it is the aim of our job!
Big thanks to you back!.

Hoping to see you in Sol Nessebar Palace again soon,

Quality Manager Sol Nessebar Resort

Been to Sol Nessebar Palace? Share your experiences!