“A mixed review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawaii Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nessebar
Hawaii Hotel
You added Hawaii Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   UR NESSEBAR S/N, Nessebar 8249, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Nessebar
Hampshire
“A mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Well. I'm not entirely sure where to begin. To begin with - I had no idea what to expect since the reviews on here are either good or terrible.. So I went with an open mind. Bearing in mind I've never been abroad before, I have nothing to compare this with other than other english resorts. So apologies. We went for 7 days on a B+B board.

We arrived at 3am and the girl on reception was friendly enough. She gave us our keys and told us where our room was. Wierd lifts I must say.. It took me 2 days to remember that the doors dont open themselves haha! Overall there was one girl on reception who was more friendly and helpful than the others but such as life - we didnt need reception all that much anyway. Towels in our rooms were changed at least every other day if not everyday, new toilet rolls and a quick clean - no trouble whatsoever with things being stolen. We did get a safe to keep passports and tickets in cos neither myself nor my other half trusted ourselves to not lose it. The breakfast was ok - again not hot but it was good enough. I had egg on toast most days with some juice. simple but effective since i usually had a hangover haha! I didnt go specifically to get drunk but i am only 23 and we met some crazy people from Hartlepool and ended up drinking and chatting till the early hours. The Hotel Bar was quiet and somewhat depressing but was good enough to sit and chat in and when the pool is all lit up and stuff it's quite a nice atmosphere. The beer is not the cheapest but its cheap enough. 3 lev for 500ml glass.

THE ROOM - I had absolutely NO problems with our room whatsoever. The TV worked. The fridge worked. The bed's were ok (even though it was 2 singles pushed together) the shower and toilet were fantastic (wet rooms are LUSH) the balcony had seats on and we had a sea view and could see Old Nessebar from the room. It was cleaned pretty much everyday. The plug sockets worked and the wardrobe doors didnt fall off. In all, It was a very good hotel.
My ONLY 2 complaints with the hotel are that on our last day it CHUCKED it down.. and due to the rain flooding the lift shaft and the basement the lifts were out of use and the electricity was turned off for about 3 hours but by that time we were out of our room and waiting in the foyer. We got chatting to the Doctors interpreter. Maggie something or other. One of the guys we had been chating to all week had a very bad stomach - he just didnt feel so goood and was throwing up etc so his girlfiend came downstairs.. She didn't tell this interpreter to call the doctor - and here in lies my second complaint. This interpreter went and called the doctor (the lady had not asked her too. her other half was sure it was as a result of his previous stomach ulcer and was taking zantac to reduce the symptoms) this interpreter was adamant that the guy see the doctor "Why comprimise your health" she said. At which point the couple behind us informed us that her boyfriend saw the doctor to get some decongestants for a cold and she packeed him off to hospital after 2 minutes claiming he has pneumonia - when the ambulance arrived they demanded something stupid like 120 lev before carrying on - so they left and refused to pay. Something similar happened to the guy with stomach pains. The doctor took him into the room and when he tried telling her what was wrong both her and the interpreter ganged up on his girlfriend saying she had demanded the doctor be called. They hooked him up onto a drip, took a blood test and by simply holding the blood test up to the light the doctor concluded that this man had apendicitis?!?!? I'm sorry, what now? if she can tell that by 'looking' at blood for 2 seconds she must be bloody good! now before they would continue they demanded 100 lev at whcih point the lady paid it and the gentleman left. after this the doctor and interpreter stormed off and were incredibly rude - meeting an ambulance driver outside? Now that just strikes me as wierd. sorry If I'm being sceptical but thats just ripping people off for the sake of it..

The Area - There are plenty of places to eat around old AND new Nesebar - here are a few of my personal favourites.
Captain Nemo - if u take the left hand road once over the bridge to Old Nesebar you will find it near the top of the hill
Emona - Is right at the edge of Old Nesebar and has the most amazing sea views i've ever seen.
Hotel Oasis (The other Balkan Holidays hotel) has an exceptionally good restaurant and its not expensive. If u attend the meeting with your rep she will give u a coupon for a free bottle of wine at this restaurant. Well worth it.
White Rose - essentially a pizza place but good for either a proper meal or a quick snack during the day. it is situated in the New Nesebar street (When walking from the hotel to Old Nesebar turn left when you reach Boulevard Hotel on the corner)
There is not a great deal of nightlife but some people we met went to Sunny Beach pretty much every night. I much preferred just pottering round Old Nesebar with my boyfriend taking in the culture.

I would recommend this place to a friend in the earlier part of the season, It seems like people dont really care cos the season is nearly over.
Essentially you do get what you pay for and anyone who is expecting 5star quality from this 2star hotel should think twice when booking thier holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
  • Polish first
plymouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Excuse the pun !!
We picked up 14nts. B/B.for just £284 each.We thought it excellent value.The weather was fabulous. The Hotel, isn't great to look at & the balconies are a no no,because of the blast sheilds (it's ex military).There is room service every day plenty of hot water,A/C, TV with BBC news & Film channel in English,& fridge.The breakfast was good, plenty of everything,but, if you like a cooked breakfast, it isn't very hot, but that seems common with all Bulgarian meals.There is a good clean pool also a kids pool with a slide. We think that is a good deal.
If you like comfort,take something to put on the sun loungers,I bought yoga mats from the £1 shop,ideal & very light.Get your sun lounger & shade early in the morning, they go quick. The safe deposit boxes are dear at £3 a day,we kept our stuff locked in our rucksack.
The rooms aren't big, so dont take much, you wont need it,honest.
Opposite the Hawaii there is a good eating place, everything cheaper.
The bus service is good, we went to Bourgas,Ravda & Solzopol all worth seeing & cheap to do on the bus.Old Nessebar is easy to get to but packed, also Sunny Beach.Worth a visit though.
There is a good bar in New Nessebar, oposite Tony's Garden Resturant on the corner, & try Angel Cafe oposite the bar,for fab cakes. All in all, we had a really cheap, good holiday. Thought it excellent value.
Makes me wonder, what some people expect when I read the bad reviews. Everybody at the Hawaii while we was there agreed. So, go and enjoy.

we

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

When you book a cheap holiday, you cannot go looking for 5 star accomodation, the hotel was clean but the decor could be improved greatly. I heard that the hotel will be going refurbishment starting next week.. The two pools were clean and got the sun for around 8 hours a day, the food was acceptable but the HOT breakfast was not always hot. The staff were friendly. the only down side was the maids, they let the hotel down, the were rude and unhelpful. There is pleanty to keep you busy, a good beach, very clean, the old town is well worth a visit and several water parks. Water sports at the beach. Eating out was very cheap. Load of places to choose from and caters for everyone. My group was of 6 people (4 daults and 2 teenagers), we would have a starter each, main courses and two rounds of drinks and on average we paid was around £40.00 in total. There are loads of excursion to choose from but i highly recommed the Vanda,dolphins and mountain monestry trip. I would say i got value for money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Just come back having spent a week there. Staff very unfriendly from the reception staff to the yound lad in the resturant no one spoke or said good morning even when you did. Beds were rock hard, could not sit on balcony as could not see over the top. Never had a hot breakfast whatever time we went down the cabinet was always cold. The lifts kept breaking down. The good side to this hotel was the pool and the outside bar as the bar inside was closed The only entertainment at night was the Kareoke from Sun to Wed which my grandaughters and the other two girls they made friends with enjoyed and entertained everyone and they were aged 9-11. All this hotel needs is some money spent on it to bring it up to date and it would be a little gold mine due to it location . I would go back to Bulgaria but not to this hotel unless it is updated. Apart from that we had a nice time and its very cheap to eat out and drink. Old Nessebar town is a must to see it has so much history and it breath taking.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
tamworth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel is hell loads of people were robbed and there were no one to help us, i didnt like anything about this hotel as the people were not friendly one bit and did not even like to talk to us, the sun bed were left out and never tidyed away, the beach u had to pay £10, all i can say is im not a fussy person i been loads of hotels and countrys and this is the worse by far i feel depressed talking about it , NEVER would i return to this hotel again! (you dont get any help from anyone even in an emergency) from Dawn and Betty

• Stayed August 2009
uddingston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel needs a complete refurb it is very outdated and rooms not very clean dont go at any price

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hawaii Hotel? Share your experiences!