we travelled 42 kms one way to nessebar to have dinner and i made a choice to eat at Plakomoto instead of neptun in the same area , it was a gamble :
1) the wait staff was attentive at welcoming , the waitress was kind and understanding in the beginning .
2) The menu was offered, i wanted to try the fish platter for 2 , one could choose 3 types of fish , so i picked ( Barbun/ red mullet, calcan ( turbot) and , Dorada ) the price was 79 leva approx 43 euros ( platter for 2 )
3) wanted to order a starter fish soup , and the waitress mentioned it might be too much . so i didn't order , the kid fries and mayo came in as requested .
4) The restaurant has a great view ( it is true most restaurants have this view in Nessebar , at 7 pm might be too chilly , my wife requested for a blanket and was offered one , the next table resisted sitting closer to the window/ cliff due to the chill , and we were impatiently waiting for the food ,
5) when the food arrived i saw a hair and i mentioned it right away to the waiter she haadn’t even left the table after placing the food , to quote her " she asked what should i do now ?? i couldn't wait for another 30 mins , so i asked to take the small goat fish out , where the hair was found and replace it she suggested a cheaper fish stavrid , i didn't care much and said ok ... i was dying to eat . after having the beer and my wife the vodka , the belly was rumbling .
6) the barbun was replaced with fried stavrid , the stavrid was dusted in flour and fried , so was the calcan / turbot , the Dorada was grilled , the fish is prepare just like that , and 2 lemon wedges ,shredded cabbage and carrot slaw , sliced cucumbers , sliced tomatoes , salad leaves for décor and boiled potatoes , all with no seasoning , ( this style of cooking is served everywhere in nessebar , even the restaurant besides has the same menu and same grill , I would get value in NYC , or Greece or Cozumel mexico
7) on the next bite my wife was eating the salad greens ( lollo biondo leaves )she got entagled and pulled out another hair right from her mouth she almost wanted to throw up … it was disgusting . spoke with a waiter and asked for our waitress to come and see us . she came in after 10 mins she knew what had happened , we showed her the hair and she looked at us and said there is no one with this hair in the kitchen , you can come and check in the kitchen , and it could have blown in with the wind .. wow !!! this did piss me off , was it our fault that it was windy or she just insinuated that it could be my wife’s hair , my wife has red hair and this was black and this is not my problem ,I didn’t ask for food decorated with 2 strands of black hair . This is irrelevant , if the wait staff will respond in such a manner , just shows how the restaurant mgt runs the place . ( the restaurant kitchen is across the road , and one of the open windows ,one can notice the lady washing the dishes has dark hair )
8 ) we had nothing to say , I asked for the cheque , we received the cheque for the order placed ( with the barbun , when the fish consumed was Stavrid ) the fish platter wasn’t charged but the 3 types of fish was charged separately , but we got it all on one stainless steel platter served as a platter “ you get less pay more , what is in the interest of the restaurant , kill the guest , they believe the foreigners are idiots ” . when enquired the waitress mentioned that the stavrid is more expensive than the barbun / red mullet, and I just was fed up , this is not what any restaurant would do set aside being one of the top 3, they don’t deserve #3 on Trip advisor.
A nice dinner out was ruined !! we had dessert at the café next to the church ruins a few blocks away
Pls watch your cheque when paying , everything is in Russian you get charged the wrong way , and they just don’t apologise , don’t know where and whom did they learn hospitality from .
They use paper napkins , that’s fine for the price , they do not serve bread or ask if you would need any , the oil & vinegar is just the regular in my staff meal experience .. no big shakes of this place at all .
Attached are also some pics of the menu , had quite a few of the area , kitchen from the alley etc etc
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.