“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Coquille - Ubatuba

Save Saved
You added Hotel Coquille - Ubatuba to your Saves list
Hotel Coquille - Ubatuba
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Praia Grande, 405 | Bairro Praia Grande, Ubatuba, State of Sao Paulo 11680000, Brazil   |
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Ubatuba
argentina
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

The Hotel is in the perfect place, away from the busy street, right up against nature, yet very close to the beach. Staff was super friendly and helpful. My wife and I stayed for a total of 5 nights and 5 days, and everyday was a pleasure, both at the hotel, and while out. We would have no problem going back for another stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I´m from Australia and I don´t know much Portuguese so it was really helpful when we were greeted with some English. The staff gave us such a warm welcome and throughout our stay they were so helpful. They advised us on things to do and places to see. The beach is so close we would just wake up in the morning and go for a swim on the beach. It has a swimming pool, two different saunas and a games room it´s a magnificent place that is close to everything, energetic and vibrant. Highly recommend. And! affordable as well as an amazing breakfast =D

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Venezia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We had a wonderful stay in the Hotel Coquille in Ubatuba!!
It was very clean, the staff was friendly, always smiling and very helpfull with everything we need. It was a problem for us because we couldn't speak portoguese, but the hotel manager could speak english; he was very kind and gave us a lot of information to arrive to Ubatuba from the airport of Sao Paulo.
The room was confortable, with TV and minibar and there was air conditioning. Also the breakfast was excellent, with a lot of choice between home-made cakes and brazilian fruit!
The location is very beautiful: the hotel is amid the vegetation, were it is simple to relax and it is also near the beach.
We recommend it for everyone, young people and families.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Norrköping
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I traveled alone from Sweden, it took almost 2 days. I was very tired but I got new energy as I arrived to Ubatuba it is very beutiful and it just got better when I saw Hotel Coquille and met the hotel manager (Marcos). The guy who already helped me a lot. So it was very nice to meet him. He was the only one of the staff talking fluid english wich is the only thing probably missing in this hotel, but for me it was no problem at all. The rest of the staff tries very hard and to see their smiles everyday and being helpfull was great and it is a plus if you want to learn or use some portuguese words or even sentences.

The room was much better than I expected, it was clean and smelled very good. It was roomy, and I had no problem taking showers in it (Im almost 2m tall). New towels, soaps, sheets etc every day. TV and the mini-bar was perfect to relax when I got back to the room for the night.
The surrounding is calm despite that its so close to the beach, 2 minute walk away.
Hotel Coquille isnt outside the city or in the centrum, its perfectly in between.
I traveled alone to meet a good friend there, but I saw all types of travelers there and they all seemed to enjoy it there. This is highly recommended for every type of travalers that are staying in Ubatuba

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

This lovely hotel has nice clean rooms for a very good price. We had a wonderful time here. The beach is very nearby, it is just a 2 minutes walk and they have a very nice pool in a natural surrounding. The staff is very friendly and some of them are speaking good English. They are interested in nature and birds. The breakfast was excellent and in the weekends, holidays and high season you can order different kinds of lunch by the pool. Also for young children there is plenty to do. There is a play corner for very young children, a playground, snooker table and other games. We were here with our daughter from 7 years old and she had a realy good time. We can recommend this hotel for families as well as couples.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Irvine,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I have spent two nights (during a weekend)in this hotel and I can't wait to get back to this hotel and this wonderful area.
Hotel is very nice and quiet,very short walking distance from the beach.If you take your car ,there is a plenty of free parking.The beach is very wide for walking,cycling and waves are excellent for surfing.
I have walked on the beach and it is simply delightful.
Much better than on our beaches in Laguna Beach,California.
They have also many bars and snack bars directly by the beach.
I went a couple of times to a seafood restaurant (close to the Ubatuba small airport).It is called rei do peixe.It is a great seafood place.If you are alone,please ask them for a small portion!!!
[--]

Staff in this hotel was very service oriented,even though some of them don't speak english( they try very hard)
Hotel Manager Marcos speaks english fluently and is very helpful with everything you need( just like the rest of his people).
Breakfast buffet that is included in the price is very good and you can have it inside of dining room or outside on the terrace.
Prior to this trip I was a couple of times in Sao Sebastiao area,but I am happy that I have discovered Ubatuba and this hotel.This whole experience was like a full recharge of my batteries.I would recommend it to romantic getaway for couples of all ages,singles,families and it is a balsam for a busy business people.
It is an excellent value!!
It is 1.5 hours by car from Sao Jose dos Campos or 2.5 hours from Sao Paolo.

• Liked — location,value,room,comfort
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
São Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

Sorry if my english is poor, but in fact I'm brazilian and live in São Paulo, the city which is the capital of the state of São Paulo. Well, Ubatuba is in São Paulo, and it's about 250km from here. Needless to say, it's easy to get there (nice roads), so I became a real fan from Ubatuba.

I don't have a house there, because I always prefered to havw be free choose where to go. I also like to go to other cities around São Paulo or even to others not so close.

But what was this about... he he - of course, I was going to talk about Hotel Coquille. :)

The Hotel is really nice. I already was in others, sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive, but usually at the checkout had something to complain about. And this didn't happen there.

The place is unic, because of it's location. Just as close to the jungle (Mata Atlântica) as it can be for a beach Hotel. And they have a wonderfull swimming pool with a great view - and it is high, I mean, it has a "panoramic view" of the neighborhood and of the beach.

Good services, really clean bedrooms. People there really seans to care about the guests.

• Liked — The smell of the sheets, towels, etc
  • Disliked — unfortunatelly I had one apartment with 14" tv... but they have others, with better tv's. Ask them!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Coquille - Ubatuba? Share your experiences!