I stayed three nights at this wonderful Pousada just before Easter with my family. If you can afford it take the Casa Verde which is a beautiful 3-bedroom villa of the French owner of the Pousada which they usually rent when he's not there. What I loved the most is that there is no TV, internet and cars...you can really unplug completely. The location is just spectacular, in the middle of a national park, with the only sounds being that of birds and waves (we have slept at least 9 hours each night!). The food is very good especially given the fact that the pousada is so isolated. Breakfasts are delicious with a lot of fresh fruit and warm pao de queso (I could eat a dozen each day!). The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the guest relation manager Oseias. I recommend to take a sailing tour on their boat which goes around the islands.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Picinguaba Hotel
- Pousada Picinguaba Hotel Ubatuba
- Pousada Picinguaba Ubatuba, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Picinguaba overlooks a peaceful bay at the heart of the Natural Park of Serra do Mar, the tropical coastal forest running between Rio and São Paulo, about half an hour's drive south of Paraty.It is the only charming hotel in a 30km radius. It faces the sea and a 3 km-long protected sandy beach. The hotel offers (09) nine comfortable rooms all opening onto the natural surroundings and the sea, including a dream honeymoon Suite with en suite jacuzzi and a breathtaking view of the ocean. The local road stops at the beach and one has to walk the last 250m to the hotel, nestled in the forest.Everything here is attuned to the spirit of the place, with nothing to disturb nature's magic: no TV or telephone in the rooms, no Internet, no air-conditioning. This place is for you to be in a different world, the only sounds are the wind in the palm trees and the sea gently lapping the shore.Pousada Picinguaba was selected in HIP HOTELS as one of the 80 most extraordinary hotels around the world and was featured in National Geographic Stay List 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pousada Picinguaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.