“This Ibis Budget was ideal for such a short Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao

You added Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Sao Joao 1140 | Centro, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01036-100, Brazil (Formerly Formule 1 Centro)   |
Ranked #189 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
New Delhi, India
“This Ibis Budget was ideal for such a short Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

typical Ibis Budget, very basic, but ideal for such a short Trip. Easy CheckIn and the Staff there did speak english. Room was very basic, but in the usual Standard this Hotels have mostly and we could sleep well there. There was a small choice of Breakfast, but we did not make use of it, due it had to be paid extra. We can recommend this, for short Stay. For longer Stay, maybe it will be too basic and boring.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruna Belic L, Gerente geral at Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Your opinion is very important to us so we can seek the continuous improvement of our infrastructure, service and care at ibis Budget São Paulo São João.

Sincerely.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Inglewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was there after taking a long trip to Rapa Nui (Easter Island) for a few days before heading to my home city. The building is huge and accomodations are fine with enough space for 2 people and luggage, no frills, it must be said but this is something you should know already. Location is perfect, lots of taxis and bus lines, metro line is not so close but you can walk through the park and get to it. It is also near by the bus line that connects international airport to the area. You can walk to 25 de março avenue. There are many spots to be seen in the area, buildings and all. I felt pretty safe, there are some bars and restaurants, of course it is a super big city so the same caution should be taken when walking by. There are two police stations around it. The area is gay friendly and many bars, restaurants and people walking freely. There are several hotels around it and cinema complex also. The metro takes you basically every where. I always use it when I am there, taxis are not expensive as well. Internet is charged R$ 3,00 a day (around $1,30 dollars) it is fast a reliable. A/C heater and nice hot water. They have a shop downstairs where they sell water, sodas, frozen food and snacks which is handy and inexpensive. They have a breakfast room where you can buy it for R$11 ($6.50) which is fine and somewhat diverse, if you feel like trying it go ahead and if you do not like it just do not go back and try something else in the area. Rooms has double glass windows so it is quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We appreciate your review regarding to your stay at the Ibis Budget São Paulo São João. It's always a pleasure to receive positive impressions.
These will be shared with our teams. I'm sure your feedback will be an encouragement to continue improving the quality of our services.

Sincerily.
Curitiba, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel promises to be economic, but it´s so expensive! It doesn´t offer value! is necessary to be revised values ​​to generate cost / benefit. To write two hundred characters to express your opinion is also not cool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bruna Belic L, Gerente geral at Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Your opinion is very important to us so we can seek the continuous improvement of our infrastructure, service and care.

Sincerely.
roma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Altough it's an Ibis budget hotel, so with a declared low cost structure, we found the hotel unsatisfactory.
The structure is quite old, some towels were not clan, the shower were broken and we had to prepare the third bed by ourselves.
Not at the level of the Ibis brand.
No restaurants near the hotel, in the dark you must use a taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bruna Belic L, Gerente geral at Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear guest,

I appreciate your review regarding to your stay at the Ibis Budget São Paulo São João. It's always a pleasure to receive positive impressions.

Sincerily.
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I use to go practically every week from aprox 2-3 days per week since January 2012, to your F1 hotels in São Paulo: mainly São João, Jardins 9 de Julho, ou Consolação, I understand its smart hotel concept but I think it should be nice if you reward somehow my royalty.

And the worst thing I had is once I made a mistake on F1 9 de Julho when internet reservation fullfilment (I reserved a Sunday night instead of a Monday night) when I arrived to the hotel they charged the Sunday night aswell, it is legal but due to my loyalty I expected a flexibility about not charging what a I didn´t use.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just went to this hostel type hotel because I had to escape from a terrible and (tobacco) stinking Roja's All suit Hotel, 100 meters away. So Formule 1 was the option. It was much better, cleaner and cheap too. Formule 1 is known for the simplest facilities, like you have no fridge, no telephone or even no soap in the bath room. It is just to sleep hotel. When I stay at Formule 1 or Etap hotel, the most I miss is an intercom as you can't even complaint for anything, because, for that you need to come down from the 10th floor and stand in the line at the reception where the girls are checking-in and taking 10 minutes every guest and you stay after 10 people. So it makes no sense and it makes your stay totally un-comfortable.

Anyway, I don't have much to complain about the hotel and services but I do wish to complaint against a girl at the reception who was totally rude, unmannered and totally un-helpful. The checkout time is 12.00 Noon. I had fever and I got up at 11.30. I ran to the reception. I first had to wait on lift that takes 9-10 minutes to come up as it is over-occupied and you can't use steps for 10th floor. I came in 10 minutes at the reception and then I had to wait on next 20 minutes on 7 people standing before me in the line. When I came on my turn I It was 12.00 O'Clock. I explained that I was sick and have over-slept. Now I had to buy some medicine and then pack my bag in after taking bath. All I need was 1 extra hour but that 20 years old girl was so cruel, she commands me - "10 minutes". I was surprised and with this inhuman behavior. Can someone explain me how one can buy medicine, take bath, pack bag, wait on lift and check out in 10 minutes. I asked her to be human. But she said - "I don't know anything, this is your problem". I have never seen this un-human behavior. Now I decided that I will definitely not 'obey' her 'command'. I went and bought medicines, Took bath, packed in, all in hurry and came down at 12.30, fully prepared to give her some words but she was disappeared. I asked other staffs about her name so that I could make a written complaint against her but the staffs didn't want to tell her name. However 3-4 girls were very helpful at the hotel. This was the only one who was a devil-girl but I would recommend not to take risk. Who knows, you come across that girl and she spoils your holidays. If the management has little shame then it should find out who was that girl, thin and curly hair, working at the reception on 28th April 2012 at 11.30 AM. In this type of situations everywhere if I have asked time, they have given the time. This was the only hotel that was being cruel. Here you realize that at cheap hotels only cheap mentality people work. I have and will have always pain about this. If you can't help a sick person by giving him medicine, at least you can allow him some time.

Not to mention, the rooms are very small. On name of service, you have nothing here. Breakfast was too little and worthless (I still have 2 breakfast coupon’s I didn’t want to use and they didn’t give me refund). It is 1 km far from center but this part of street (San Jualo) is just a dead street. Only drunk people, prostitutes, beggers, drug addicts I saw on this street. It was definitely not a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: It is however in center but real center is still 1 kilometer. The street is not nice or clean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ibis Budget Sao Paulo Sao Joao? Share your experiences!