“Nice hotel in a decent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Transamerica Executive 21st Century

Save Saved
You added Transamerica Executive 21st Century to your Saves list
Transamerica Executive 21st Century
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alameda Lorena, 473 | Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01424-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #84 of 301 hotels in Sao Paulo
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel in a decent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I thought this room was lovely and spacious and made a nice change from some of the hotels I'd stayed in, in Brazil. The location is in Jardims which is a lovely serene part of Sao Paulo and a nice safe area to go walking in day or night. However it was still about a 15 minute walk to the nearest metro and buses were quite far too, walking to get around can take a while as the avenues in Jardims are so long, you end up using taxis a lot, which can get quite expensive. There was a big flatscreen TV with cable, kitchenette with microwave and the supermarket Pao de Acucar is about 15 minutes away. Breakfast was disappointing, service was acceptable not rude, not particularly friendly. I didn't find there to be a good range of restaurants, if you're not into gourmet sandwiches or sushi, your choices are quite limited, unless you go further afield. If you're a good walker you can walk to Parque do Ibirapuera from the hotel, might take about 25 to 30 minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
"Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to know we have met your expectations regarding our location and facilities. We are continuously working towards improvement in order to meet all the needs of our Customers. We hope that our pleasing services will encourage you to return soon.

Transamérica Executive 21st Century "

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during a course we took in August 2012 (6 days).

Good: Room was spacious with a kitchenette, table and chairs, and a reasonably comfortable bed.

Good: Rooftop pool area with lounge chairs. It was great to be able to sunbathe during lunch break and even hop in for a dip in the pool before class.
Bad: The lounge chairs are not comfortable - made of a heavy plastic wicker that is, I'm sure, robust, but not inviting for a body to sink into.

Good: Breakfast is included in the room rate and is fairly diverse with selections.
Bad: In a country where fresh juice is available everywhere, we found it surprising that the juice at the buffet was not fresh

Good: location - shopping and eateries nearby

Excellent: service - our flight was at 21h, so we arranged for a late checkout and then after stayed upstairs by the pool. There is also a living room area for the not-so-sun-inclined. Front desk ordered our cab. We also had housekeeping bring up towels for our use.

Room Tip: We were in a room on a corner on the 16th floor. By opening the window on the opposing corner we got...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your comments and observations. Please allow us to inform you that your suggestion of serving fresh juice has been passed on to the restaurant, which is outsourced. We are pleased to get feedback from our guests regarding our facilities, convenience and services and we are pleased that we have met your needs and expectations during your stay, making it as pleasant as possible.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Transamérica Executive 21st Century
Fredrikstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here from 20-22 July in a deluxe room on 15th floor. Arrived at 6am after a very long journey from Easter Island-Santiago-Sao Paolo and was really pleased to be able to check in at once by paying for a half day extra. Breakfast was included and I enjoyed a good variety of food, but the tv was on constantly and the volume was turned up. I had dinner in the restaurant that evening and again the tv was on and the volume was high. Even worse, the waiting staff were glued to their favourite soap!! That created a very bad impression - this is, after all, a 5* hotel. Apart from that, I really enjoyed my stay here. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, especially Monic, who was really service-minded and remembered my name. She arranged a late checkout for me, since my flight was at 5.40pm, she organised a taxi to the airport, and once I had checked out, I was allowed to sit upstairs in the living room until my taxi came to pick me up. What a great idea to have a living room! I sat there with amazing views of the city and enjoyed some cheese and wine - so much more pleasant and relaxing than waiting in a lobby. The fitness room was also on the top floor and was really well equipped and spotlessly clean. There were also a pool and a sauna. My room was a nice big size, with separate sitting area and a well equipped little kitchenette which was cleverly concealed behind fold-away doors. The bed was super comfy and there were 6 windows, all of which opened to let in fresh air. And the views of the city were spectacular. The bathroom was really small in comparison, but had everything you might need and plenty of fresh towels and good quality toiletries. Great water pressure in the shower. The hotel was a 5-10min walk (uphill) from Av. Paulista, which is a famous shopping street, with shops and restaurants galore! This was also where the closest metro station was. All in all, a great little hotel, ideally located, with true 5* facilities and excellent service on reception. Don't bother having dinner in the restaurant though!

Room Tip: As high as possible if you are disturbed by noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
"Dear Ms. Theresa,
Thank you for your comments, which highlight the receptiveness of our staff, consistent with the Transamérica brand.
We were pleased to meet your expectations and to receive feedback from the experiences you had with us. Our customers’ opinions and suggestions are very important to us.

Transamérica Executive 21st Century"
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here on two separate visits in a two-bedroom room and then two individual rooms. The hotel is functional rather than luxurious, and probably ideal for those on business. Rooms were spacious, with a decent sized sitting area and small kitchentte. Beware of the two-bedroom rooms though - this was advertised as having a twin bedroom as well as the main double bed - in reality, this is a single room with a pull out under the bed - which takes up all the remaining floor space if used. We ended up moving out the second bed into the living area in the main room to avoid the second bedroom being too cramped.

Breakfast was ok, although nothing special. The restaurant and bar never seemed to be open during the evenings - it was closed because it was Easter during our first visit, and just seemed to be closed without explanation on our second.

The pool area is small, and in shadow for parts of the day, it's not somewhere you'd want to spend the day, but it's nice to be able to have a dip if you want.

The hotel is in a very good location, we felt comfortable walking round the streets, and there were good restaurants and shops located nearby.

Staff weren't particularly friendly but some were better than others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Ms. Sarah,
Thank you for your comments. We are very grateful to learn that our infrastructure and employees were able to provide you with an enjoyable experience. We would like to thank you once again for the feedback and hope to see you again soon at the Transamérica Executive!

Transamérica Executive 21 St Century
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Overall a good hotel with good size rooms and very small kitchenette in a central location. I spent just 1 night. It was perfectly fine and I have no complaints. I can't say I'd get excited to stay there again, but I definitely would not feel like I need to look for a different place.

Rooms: Bed was good size, but somewhat hard for my taste. Room was clean with a desk area to work. Oddly, the desk lamp had a plug type that didn't match the wall outlet so there was no way to use it. Why even put it there? Smallish TV swivels so you can view it from the sofa or bed with several cable channels and CNN in English. There is a kitchenette with some dishes, microwave, and refrigerator in what looks like a closet. There's also a small table if you want to eat something in your room. My room had a sofa also. Size was fairly large for a big city hotel and layout was nice.

Internet: important to me so I often write about this separate. WiFi free in rooms. Speed was so-so.

Bathroom: somewhat small, but granite counter and clean. No complaints from me, but I could imagine some people feeling it was too small. It was clean and everything worked fine. Fairly basic soap and shampoo (not something you'd want to take home)

Location: can't say too much because I arrived in a taxi from the airport and had no idea how we got there, but there are restaurants and a Carrefour (like Super Walmart) in very short walking distance (2 blocks) and some other shopping. Its in central Sao Paulo if that helps.

Breakfast: Just OK, nothing stand out. Better than you'd get at a Hampton Inn, but I've had better in Brazil. They had juices and some fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal you can make, breads, meats, and cheeses. When I write this it sounds pretty good, but like the hotel overall, it was good, but nothing you'd look forward to.

Service: I had no problems at all, but in 1 day I didn't have a lot of reasons to interact with them. Had to wait a few minutes for my room, but I arrived before lunch so that could be the reason. I didn't hold it against them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Manager at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
"Dear,
Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy whenever our structure, location, rooms and services please our clients and hope that there will be more opportunities for you to stay with us again.

Transamérica Executive 21St Century"
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The location in Jardim Paulista is excellent to reach the important boroughs of Sao Paulo. And it's only a 10 minutes walk to Rua Oscar Freire, a street with many good restaurants and shops. Walking in the dark is possible here. Don't miss the large Carrefour store just around the corner if you need some everyday stuff.

The quality of food for breakfast is okay, but the choice is very limited. If you have the time: Go up to the rooftop pool. You will have an impressive view to the skyscrapers of Jardim.

Ckeckout time at noon is not common, but very pleasant! WiFi was present in our room and worked at reasonable speed

All together: A pleasant and quiet place in this huge city for a reasonable prize

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
"Dear Mr. Waldmeier,
We are always pleased when our guests complement us on our location and services offered. Our work is to assure our clients comfort. We hope to see you soon, not only at the Transamérica Executive 21 St Century, but at our other chain locations as well.

Transamérica Executive 21 St Century"
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very clean and practical hotel in a very good location. Good value for money considering Sao Paolo prices! Staff was very helpful. Free meeting room good for 4 people in top floor. Free internet. Perfect for short business trips, don't expect luxury.

Room Tip: skip breakfast in the hotel, its very poor quality, instead ask the concierge for one of the many v...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Manager at Transamerica Executive 21st Century, responded to this review, May 25, 2012

Been to Transamerica Executive 21st Century? Share your experiences!