“Good long stay business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Executive Apartments

You added Marriott Executive Apartments to your Saves list
Marriott Executive Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Professor Filadelfo Azevedo | Vila Nova Conceicao, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04508-011, Brazil   |
Ranked #14 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Hong Kong, China
“Good long stay business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Very clean apartments - living room, bedroom, kitchen (full-size fridge, microwave, pots, pans, cutlery, plates etc. 2 cooking rings but no oven, dish washer.) Great long stay business hotel if you don't want to go out every night. Even if you do there are lots of restaurants in the area. If you're a runner or walker the large Ibirapuera park is only 5 minutes away on foot. It's a safe neighbourhood and the park has security at all gates, on bikes, on foot and its own police station. So anyone concerned about security in SP needn't worry too much here. TV in living room and bedroom with channels in English, Spanish, Italian (RAI), French (TV5 Monde) and German (DWTV). Adequate breakfast and restaurant and large supermarkets nearby. It's also much quieter than some other areas with double-glazed windows and situated off a main road (instead of on it). Felt very well taken care of there. Reception and services are good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

A little away from the center (some 15 min by car), in a residential area and close to a park. Fast and smooth check in and out. Super friendly staff (excellent recommendations of restaurants, like Jardineira grill - 10 min by car- of Josephine´s - 10 min walk). Room had a small and well equiped kitchen, so it is a good choice for a longer stay, on a business trip. Unfortunately no free WLAN. Reasonable breakfast, which was included in the room price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
UK North West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

this was my first visit to Sao Paulo and I chose the Marriott Exec as it seemed to offer great value for money! I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. It has all the services of a hotel but with the convenience of an apartment. so, there's a restaurant (ok), gym and pool (both small but adequate) and 24 hr reception but the 'room' really is an apartment - I had a bathroom, bedroom and seperate living/kitchen room. The apartment was well equipped with a video, two tv's, safe, wi-fi (need to ask for access code), full size fridge, dishwasher and a range of cooking and eating utensils. Everything was clean and in good condition and the staff were all helpful especially the 'bellboy'/doorman.

In terms of location, it's out of the centre of Sao Paulo but there's a lovely park, a big supermarket and several restaurants all within an easy walk. As a foreign visitor I was a little cautious out and about but even in the park I felt very safe in this area. Taxi's are readily available at the door and to a Uk citizen, these seemed like a cheap option.

Maybe not a choice for a romantic weekend but I'd definitely choose it again for business especially if you're staying longer than a couple of nights.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Porto Alegre - Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I booked a non-smoking, king-size bed bedroom through the marriott website, and that was guaranteed at the time of the booking. I also requested (knowing that it was not guaranteed) the extra towels offered by the hotel, and a feather-free bedroom (which was a delight for someone allerfic as I am). So, I was thrilled to go to the hotel. Pictures on the web were beautiful, pool seemed big, and reviews here were good also.
At the moment we (me + husband) arrived at the hotel, I noticed that it wasn´t so magnificent as expected. But the worse was still to come. Check-in went well, and we were directed to our bedroom at the 10th floor. The minute I opened the door to enter the room we were taken aback by the smoke smell inside it. Even the bellboy (a smoker) said that the smell was impossible to bear. Then he contacted the reception, and we went to another room, on the 4th floor. But the room wasn´t the same that I have booked. The room was smaller, the bed was smaller, it wasn´t what I was waiting for. I complained to the bellboy, who decided to go to the reception and find out what was going on. When he returned, he took us to the 11th floor, to a non-smoking, king-size bedroom, exactly as my reservation guaranteed. Why weren´t we taken to this room since the beginning? Why try to settle us on a smoking room, and then change for a lower kind of room? I thought that it was very rude from the reception, and at any time we receive an apology or the extra items that were requested. We were very disapointed with the Marriott Executive Apts. and won´t be back. Surely it´s not the same quality of Marriott hotels elsewhere.

• Liked — Location and the bellboy help
  • Disliked — The service, very rude and unfriendly
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lisboa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2007

MEA is a great place to stay for short or long stays.
Located in a quiet area it offer a nice range of good restaurants within walking distance such as JOSEPHINE - [--]

MEA's own restaurant is also good.

The staff is always very helpful and the rooms/apt have a nice space.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2006

If you are going to Sao Paulo for at least one week, this hotel might be the best option.

All rooms come with kitcken and all the appliances. The hotel is quite new and, therefore, clean.

Stayed November 2006
Armenia, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

I arrived at Sao Paulo International Airport at (GRU) yesterday. Customs was a breeze, luggage arrival was on time. Taxi's await you to your left as you enter the main lobby of the airpot.

I found out that there is a internet cafe of sorts located on the third floor. It is wise to use since wi-fi is not aviable at the airport. The Taxi driver was ok I paid around 80 reals to have him drive me to the Marriott Ex apt's.

My first thought was and 'I thought LA traffic was murder". The residents here seem to think that driving at fast speeds is great becasue they can stop at any given moment. The motorcycle riders are very courageous here zigg zagging in between cars.

Upon arriving, I noticed that this hotel is smaller than I thought it would be. It was clean though. My room was located on the 4th flr. It had two t .v. sets, fridge, and airconditioning. Also included were a stove, dishwasher, and microwave. What is great is that all cooking and eating items are included.

I began my vacation by exploring several museums. I particulary enjoyed the musuem of Art. I chose to rely on a local guide that was offered by the bellboy Marcel (english, spanish, portuguese). He indicated that his friend Levil would be my guide for the day, So, I contracted with him verbally to show me some key sights in SP. In my opinion, the brazilians are not upfront about money and what they will charge you. I pressed him and he charged me about 150 reals for 4 1/2 hours of a driving me around Sp.

What is nice about this hotel is that ther is a supermarket located about 1/2 mile from the hotel. I have been informed that even though its open at night to go during the daytime and during the week. there is a western union at the mall located on the 2nd floor where you can get a better rate then some other places. The supermarket (its huge) is located on the 3rd floor.

I will update this as my journey goes.

Been to Marriott Executive Apartments? Share your experiences!