“Salad bar and steaks!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barbacoa Morumbi Shopping

Barbacoa Morumbi Shopping
Avenida Roque Petroni Jr, 1089 | Piso lazer, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
11 5181-6898
Dining options: Reservations
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Salad bar and steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Many restaurants to choose from in the Gourmet section of the Morumbi Shopping food court. Chose this one because it was the busiest. Turned out to be a very good choice. The steaks were great but the salad bar was superb. I do not know if you can just get the salad bar but I might do that next time I am in SP. The service was attentive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Sao Paulo, SP
“The Meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What are you looking for? A good restaurant with an appraisal atmosphere with a spectacular buffet and the best cut meat of Brasil and world. Here is the place. Worth every nickel spent. The movement reveals how competitive this place is. If possible reserve a space in your stomach for the dessert that are awesome.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cookeville, Tennessee
“I went for the beef - but the salad bar would have been more than adequate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had heard about Brazilian beef and the Morumbi Shopping area is adjacent to the Hilton Hotel, so I tried Barbacoa. I really had to restrain myself at the salad bar. It was a visual feast and had I even tried small samples of everything that looked good there would have been no room left for the beef. The meat was perfectly done (for my taste on the rare side of medium rare), tender and flavorful.
And that was just lunch!

Visited March 2013
Plano, Texas
“Excellent Feijoada / Very Best Pao de Queijo in SP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our business group dined twice at Barbacoa. With all of the excellent choices in this area, that simple statement says a great deal.

Our first meal was the traditional "sit-down" affair. We ordered a wide variety of dishes - everyone agreed that the food was excellent. The service was impeccable.

Everyone agreed upon one very important point: Barbacoa served the best Pao de Queijo. Period. Without exception.

The second visit was on a Wednesday for feijoada at lunch time. As a rule, I have found feijoada in Rio de Janeiro to be better than what I find in Sao Paulo. However, the feijoada at Barbacoa rates at the top with what I had eaten in Rio. There is a very wide selection of meats in the feijoada buffet - I recall 6 different meats.

Far beyond what I expect to find in a mall

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“for a mall location great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a bit of a surprise to me, we went here after a business meeting with about 30 people and the food was impressive.

• Visited February 2013