“Bed for the night, that's it!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Paulista

You added Melia Paulista to your Saves list
Melia Paulista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Paulista, 2181, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01310-300, Brazil (Jardins)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #49 of 309 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Bed for the night, that's it!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

No gym
No Pool
internet poor, mind you all are???
Street noise, just pray there is no protest on paulista!!! Very noisy, often violent and more often than you think, makes access to the hotel difficult at best.
Rooms generally quiet. No real bar to speak of and breakfast just about OK.
Check in and out can be very long due to lack of staff.
would not recommend, try Renaissance round the corner!!

Room Tip: Room at the back of hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

i've stayed happily at the Tryp Paulista, and this hotel is just a bit closer to where I needed to be, has an excellent locations, and was also a Melia property. I expected professional, modern surroundings that would be exceptionally clean and with exceptionally professional and friendly and capable staff - and front desk staff that were comfortable in English. That's what you find at the Tryp Paulista.
What I found was a difficult checkin, and smelly hallways above the lobby, and a musty nasty odor in my closet. Brown carpet looks like you need to wear those hotel slippers (that they DON'T provide). The evening staff has very poor English. The dining room menu is exactly the same as the room service menu - good in that there's no price jump except a service charge, but poor because there's no reason to dine in the hotel. I'm here for a few more nights, but am definitely disappointed in the experience.

Room Tip: don't get the 4th floor!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Paulista_Melia, Gerente geral at Melia Paulista, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sir, Sherri S

We would like to ask you to accept our most sincere apologies about our failures and affirm that we will take corrective actions to avoid new occurrences.
Allow us to inform that we were without system to a maintenance of improvement to result in a better service to our guests.
We hope to see you soon at Meliã Paulista.

Crawley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The initial impression of this city centre is quite a positive one....the reception has a very contemporary air but alas, once you step out of the lift on your desired floor, it all goes sadly downhill. The room decor is very tired....tones of '70s brown just leave you feeling very depressed in such a vibrant city. The bathroom or should I say shower room as there are no baths, are small to say the least, but I suppose functionality is acheived. Too many cracked tiles and dirty floor grouting for my liking. I used the restaurant facilities every morning and the buffet isn't extensive but more than adequate. The wait staff are more than attentive restocking the Buffett and clearing dirty plates and glasses quickly and efficiently. However, the chef on the egg station is the most miserable man I have ever encountered in a hotel. I appreciate that making omelettes and pancakes may not be fulfilling, but if you hate your job as much as your face conveys, look for alternative employment. We stayed here on business but if I had to return to São Paulo at my own expense, this wouldn't be my hotel of choice....and São Paulo has a vast amount of choice.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Sir, Absolut 1969

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Meliã Paulista. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Meliã Paulista, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

very good location, just outside the door is an elevator that takes you to the metro. the staff are very helpful, the breakfast is varied and plentiful. the rooms are a good size with a good bathroom and clean, the soundproofing is average, sometimes ykou get some street sounds.

Room Tip: get a room not facing main street
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir, Jack R

I would like to thank you for your comments about our Hotel, our priority is to serve you well and exceed the expectations of every guest.
I will pass all your compliments to our staff.
To us, it will be a pleasure be able to receive you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Om my... What went wrong? Everything!!!
Me and my wife arrived at the hotel early (due to our flight) and were hoping for a earlier check in. The staff immediately told us that this was not possible and that we had to wait till 2pm. No exceptions, we were not even able to check in a few hours earlier. We would have to pay 174 raeis to get an early check in.
We asked if we could get free breakfast with that (also because we would not take it the next day, as we we had to check out early for our next flight), but that was also not possible. No service at all.
When we talked to the manager in the afternoon, she was very helpful at first and said she would get us a discount. When she called to our room at 17:30pm, she said that she could offer us a free lunch (at 17:30?????), we were not allowed to choose any dinner items (!!!).
Then, when we left: we ordered a taxi at the hotel at 3pm for 11:30pm. When we came down to get the taxi, it was not there!!! We were forced to find a taxi ourselves.

The service of this hotel is absolutely terrible! Especially for 5 stars!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir, Roald 22

Thank you for telling us about your stay and sorry for what happened. We take corrective actions to avoid new occurrences.
I hope we can continue worthy of your confidence and I put myself with all the Meliã Paulista team, at your service.
To us, it will be a huge pleasure to receive you again.

Winslow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

City centre hotel. No outside space. Slow wifi . Gym under bubble wrap & tiny. My room was an executive room, v dirty. Mouldy bath room dirty tikes in there, hair on floor. Fraying carpet in bedroom. Noisy air conditioning . Staff polite but in caring.
Thank goodness I didn't pay. I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms need re furnishing and deep cleaning

Stayed April 2015
Paulista_Melia, Gerente geral at Melia Paulista, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ma’am, Sarah

Thank you for your comments on behalf of the entire Meliã Paulista team, they motivate us to always keep looking for improvements.
Allow us to inform that we will treat your comments with full attention and respect.
Come live a great new experience of accommodation with us.
It will be a pleasure to receive you again on Meliã Paulista.

Fes, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great and fast check-in and check-out! I stayed four nights in a tiny and dirty room. The bathroom has grime and mold. The carpet in the bedrooms has very nasty stains. The worst for me was to cope with the musty smell, as they did not want to give me another room. The food was okay. I ordered a room-service and got the worst chicken during my time in Brazil: overcooked, dried and tasteless! The breakfast buffet was correct. The wireless was great. Taxi service too. Lovely staff at the front-desk. Staff in the restaurant needs to smile and be more helpful. It was honestly a really bad experience that I will not recommend to anyone. Nevertheless, the hotel is very well located, but management needs to improve the services and renovate the building.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Paulista_Melia, Gerente geral at Melia Paulista, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mrs, Dideva

We consider all comments from our guests as a priority and of utmost importance.
Thus, we ask our sincere apologies for what happened during your stay with us. Such an event does not show the quality we seek and practice daily with all our guests.
Allow us to inform that the responsible boss, as the quality sector is taking the appropriate actions to avoid that similar cases occur again.
Again, we apologize for the occurreds and hope to receive you on Meliã Paulista soon.

Jacques Bezençon

Been to Melia Paulista? Share your experiences!