“Do not stay there ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Carillon Plaza Hotel

You added Carillon Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Carillon Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Bela Cintra, 652, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01415-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #276 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Calgary, Canada
“Do not stay there ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Expedia gave me this hotel as an option. I was looking for an affordable place to stay 1 or 2 nights only. I did not pay attention that they do not offer free internet and to have it I was supposed to pay $15 a day. When I arrived I asked if was possible to have an early check in as I was travelling 27 hours in a row but I was denied. The lobby washroom was disgusting and only the men were open. There was a foreign guy complaining about his room at the reception desk and he was actually leaving the hotel. It was a bad sing but I did not have another place to stay.
When I finally got to my room I realize how awful it was. It looked like a very cheap motel room. It was cheap. The bathroom wall were leaking. A bug bit my feet when I set on the bed. The air condition was not working and the window open let a very high noise from outside in. I spend the night without sleep concerned to be murdered.
Breakfast also not good at all. First thing in the morning I did was find another place to stay.

Room Tip: no good room at this hotel
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all, when I come to São Paulo, I tend to stay at an hotel near this one (Tryp Paulista). This time I couldn't get a room there and found nice reviews about it here.

The stay was a nightmare. They say about free Internet but it's a 3Rd party service. When I reached the room, it looks like a motel room. Most parts of the room had problems with conservation and it smells like mold everywhere. There are no electrical plugs in the room, only at the bathroom. I had to turn of the refrigerator to turn on my notebook.

Tl;dr: It's a trap. Doesn't worth the price.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The hotel is located just a few blocks from Av. Paulista. The area appears to be safe. There is a lot of police watchtowers around, and several bars and restaurants close to the hotel. Room furnitures looked a bit old, bathroom looked a bit neglected, but I still appreciate the hotel well. Very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. General feeling good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Carillon Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Carillon Plaza Hotel

Address: Rua Bela Cintra, 652, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01415-000, Brazil
Location: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Sao Paulo
Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Hotel Class:3 star — Carillon Plaza Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Carillon Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Carillon Plaza Hotel Sao Paulo, Brazil

If you own or manage Carillon Plaza Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.