“Great Staff, decent rooms and horrible management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Transamerica Prime International Plaza

You added Transamerica Prime International Plaza to your Saves list
Transamerica Prime International Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alameda Santos 981 | Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01419-001, Brazil   |
Ranked #47 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Rio de Janeiro
“Great Staff, decent rooms and horrible management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed many nights at Transamerica (nearly 300 nights) and for the most part it was fine. It is located in right off Paulista and close to all the big businesses. The cleaning staff, bell boys, waiters and frontdesk were excellent and really tried to make us feel at home. The rooms are relatively decent. Nothing special, a little dated with the furniture but decent.
The big issue with the hotel is structural. There are some issues that the staff can't fix and management refuses to address. First the internet is terrible. It is slower the 1990's dial up and is out of service at least 24 hours per week if not more. While internet is slower in Brazil than some countries, it is not this slow, I know this for a fact as I have lived here a long time. Also, the management does not empower their staff to be flexible which led to countless challenges. A simple request would be turned down because the staff said "the manager said no" and I would later have to talk with the manager and he would quickly come to his senses and allow my request. If the manager was available this would not be an issue, however he is rarely around and if you need to talk with him you have to seek him out. When you do speak with him he is very rude and unpleasant. One time he got annoyed when I tried to speak with him while he had breakfast! As a business traveller whose company has many other of their employees staying there I had to reject sending more employees there until they figure out their management issue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group would like to thank you for your comment, which helps us to develop to be able to satisfy all of our clients. We are glad to know that you like our location, and are also pleased with our staff services. We are in the process of improving the internet signal/speed, but unfortunately, on some occasions, it is not possible to meet all of our clients’ expectations. We hope that the positive aspects from your stay will encourage you to return and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you next time you are in São Paulo.

Customer Relations – Transamérica Hospitality Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days recently and feel very frustrated with several issues.
I am Brazilian, but live in the US for 8 years now and feel very GLAD that I dont have to live with brazilian service dis-qualification anymore.
The frustration started with a front desk charging my card the whole hotel expenses as a "pre-authorization", after promising me that it was ONLY an authorization! For my surprise, my bank account went to NEGATIVE on the very first night! Took me 3 hours to fight and ask the credit back in my bank account so I could EAT for the next days to come and avoid all the problems that an overdraft would bring.
In seven days, I saw people on the front desk taking ELEVEN MINUTES to fill out a 2x2 simple parking lot form and worse, asking what he should write in the form where it said "date"!!!! Not only that, after receiving the answer, he still did not know the date!!!!!! Another front desk personnel took 9 minutes to understand what should be done on a simple US dollar exchange payment to Brazilian reais. She actually asked for HELP on how to do a simple calculation!!!!!
In 7 days, my keys on the bedroom had to be re-charged EVERY SINGLE DAY, AT LEAST TWICE A DAY!!!!!!!! The hotel really does not care how tired you get back to your room, only to find out that once AGAIN the key will NOT work!!!!!!!

The location is fine, but there are DOZENS of other hotels around the same location, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you love yourself and your family, if you value the money you pay (VERY HIGH PRICED ACTUALLY), just go somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Mr. Andre,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are sorry for the problem and take your feedback as a sign of confidence in our process of continuous improvement. We will take immediate measures by reviewing our internal procedures and by ensuring that we guide our team in order that we may always provide the best accommodation. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again to amend this impression as best as possible, we are always at your disposal.

Relationship – Transamérica Hospitality Group
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very ineficient check-in- Took some 20 minutes and the girl could barely speak English. She had a hard time to locate a free room for me althogh I had pre-boked and pre-payed stay. There is like 5 staff at all times at reception, but they just look at you without a smile or saying a word, not to mention that none bothers to offer a help with luggage. I stayed 3 nights in what was supposed to be a business non-smoking room. The only diference that room had comparing to standard one my collegue stayed was kitchenete. Room was smelly and had a loud A/C - impossible to use during night. Old bathroom with hard to use shower. Internet mostly was not working, the only time I managed to connect ws at reception. For it's price it's completly not worth it. Avoid ! nly positive is location - few meters from Starbucks and Paulista Av.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group apologizes for the inconveniences you experienced, since it is not the standard practice of our hotel. We believe that the observations of our customers are very important for our process of continuous development and modernization, which aims to provide better services and assistance. We would like to inform you that we will take the necessary measures to pass your recommendations on to our service staff, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in order to improve your impression of this stay.

Customer Relations – Transamérica Hospitality Group
Lisbon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Overall it was a bad experience.
My room was on the 6th floor. I asked for a non-smoking room and when I entered the room, the cigarette smell was awful. I asked for another room, no availability. They did send a cleaning person to spray perfume and it helped. The reception said next day they would get me another room, in the end it was just a promise...
Breakfast is very weak... street noise was also bad, specially with construction going on nearby.
Curtains were grey full of filth and dust.
I have to say that location was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We also apologize for the problem with your room and the other problems you referred to in your comment.
This is certainly not the standard of quality and excellence that our chain upholds and offers. We will take immediate measures by reviewing our internal procedures and by ensuring that we guide our team in order that we may always provide the best accommodation. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again to amend this impression as best as possible, we are always at your disposal.

Relationship – Transamérica Hospitality Group
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice hotel in a great, safe location. My room itself was a pleasant surprise as it was much larger than expected -- a mini apartment. I was on the 11th floor facing the street and I didn't notice there being much outside noise like others mentioned. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't get to enjoy the pool but it looked amazing and a nice retreat in the middle of a booming city.

My only complaint is that the wifi was really spotty. I had a really hard time getting online. If you're there for work this could be an issue but there's a Starbucks around the corner that I ran to when it was necessary.

Tip: If you're there on a Sunday, check out the antique and artisan markets around the MASP!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Mr. Allison,
Thank you very much for your comments and observations, which will help other clients in their decision to stay with us. We are extremely glad to know we have met your expectations regarding the spaces offered, and we are very pleased with your compliments about the services provided by our staff. As for the internet signal, we are working to improve it, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, close to Av. Paulista. There are two restaurants of american food really close.
I stayed on the 14th floor and had a good night sleep. You can hear a traffic noise, but, not enough to wake me up.

• Stayed August 2012
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime International Plaza, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience. We are glad to know that you are pleased with our location, which offers several leisure options with bars and restaurants, facilitating the convenience of staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

It's a good hotel, with a great location and reasonably priced.
I like the free internet and rooms are epacious enough.
the only drawback i cna find is breakfast, it can improve a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front and you'll have a great view of Av Paulisa.