“Didn't even stay here - worst cancellation policy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia

You added Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia to your Saves list
Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Fidencio Ramos, 420, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04551-010, Brazil (Formerly Park Suites ITC Sao Paulo)   |
Ranked #13 of 309 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
new york
“Didn't even stay here - worst cancellation policy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked with the intent to stay here for two weeks. I had to change my reservation arrival dates, and they refused to cancel my reservation more than 24 hours in advance, stating that I was only allowed to cancel 24 business hours in advance (I called them on a Sunday - they said I had to cancel by Friday since Sat/Sunday are not business days). This hotel was very unprofessional, and I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff regarding your reservation adjustment. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly or contact Corporate Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
KL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Check-in/out experience: They requested for my pre-authorisation which I am fine but to ask me to pay for it before I check-out is a bit too much for any guests. What they could do is to ask if customer mind for a 2 weeks pre-authorisation on their credit card.

Room condition: Old and needs to be renovated if possible. Luckily they attended to my request to change room quite efficiently via email but I was quite upset they only offered me one pair of slippers for my 2 weeks stay. This is the first time I encounter such experience. What I really hate in the room is the air conditioning. It is just too noisy from time to time and the remote is not in English at all.

Breakfast: Not much choices and everyday is the same thing.

Late Dinner: I was quite busy and have to get a in-room dining but what suprised me was that they don't have all the thing they listed after 10 or 11 pm. I don't blame them for this but better remove the menu to avoid confusion

Facilities: Gym is small and the pool is not very well maintained.

Overall, I would hope they could do the below to raise their service level:
a. Be less calculative especially a disposable slipper cost is so insignificant and I was there for 2 weeks.
b. More English speaking staff
c. More friendly - I am not Alien and I am just a normal human being same as you all. (Note: I am not local Brazilian Asian although I am not sure if that makes me feel that way as I met local people who thought I am local Chinese but when I start to speak, they are so warm and nice)

So far I am choosing to stay here with only 1 reason - distance to my office. I hope if I get to come back next time, I will feel better.
Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Mr, Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to send this evaluation.
I regret that your experience in the Park Suites ITC has not been satisfactory.
I would like to inform that we requested the pre-authorisation for just one week and your stay was two weeks. After the first week, we request another pre-authorisation or parcial payment of your rates. It´s a procedure to all the guests.
About the breakfast, did you miss something? It´s important to inform us to improve our service.
The slipper is available in Premium Suites and I offered it during your stay, as cortesy from the hotel.
I apologize and hope to be able to restore our relationship. Please feel free to contact me through my email or call me at before your next stay. It would be my pleasure to be able to receive you personally.

Best regards,
DETBoulder
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff at this hotel are very friendly, and all of them spoke English very well.

The room, however, was in definite need of an upgrade. The carpet was old and felt damp. The shower had mold in the grout, and after showering every morning, I had to clean up a small flood on the floor, and push the water into the drain in the floor so I wouldn't get my socks and clothes wet.

The air conditioning unit didn't work very well, and had some annoying lights on the ceiling unit that would blink on and off. Every two hours, the unit would beep 10 times, guaranteeing that I would not get a complete night's sleep, as I was awoken several times in the night.

The breakfast buffet in the morning is very good. There is a wide selection of just about anything you could want. This is definitely the highlight of the hotel.

I will stay here again, because I don't have many options near my office in Sao Paulo. Note that upon receiving my review (in response to a survey they sent me), the staff did respond and mention that the particular room I was in is being scheduled for a re-model, so I am hoping that next time I get a remodeled room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for business trip. Breakfast is comprible to typical buffets. Several sushi, italian, and traditional brazilian restaurants in the neighbourhood. Decent four floor mall to kill time right across the street. Good night life is only a 10 minute cab ride away. As good as anything you would get in Europe for sure. Sure staff do not speak a lot of English, but they do their best. There is a safe in the room for a reason. Use it.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our evaluation form. I appreciate your comments and your complements!
In name from the team of the Park Suites ITC, I thank you again I hope that we will soon be able to receive you as our guest again!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Its a soulless concrete block with poor customer service. They only seem to be interested in serving the portuguese speaking population. The rooms are outdated and the quality of the breakfast is poor. Its ideally located close to a lot of business hence why I also stayed here. For the security deposit they overcharged my credit card that blocked it for a few days creating unnecessary hassles for me. On top since I stayed for two weeks with the weekend away in Rio. These were two seperate reservations. Upon leaving the hotel the front desk even confirmed that I have confirmed reservation for the following week. When I returned they said 'ohh sorry we let go your reservation because we thought you left'. yes I left but confirmed I will return and these were two seperate bookings. Then they said that my corporate rate is not available and I have to pay double the price. Thankfully my office handled it and it got all rectified. Any apologies. Far from it. Unless you have to stay with them don't bother. Otherwise lots of restaurants around it and opposite a very upmarket mall with food court with lots of choices.

Room Tip: Better views on the top floors and less noice from the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the issues you encountered, especially concerning the lack of service from the hotel staff in its entirety. We will ensure issues such as this do not reoccur in the future. We value your feedback and hope you can give us a try in the future so we have a chance to restore your faith in our hotel.
cape town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rooms very spacious and comfortable. Bathroom small. Walking distance from the Metro station. Walking distance to restaurants. Not a big selection at breakfast but enough to fill one. Nice shopping centre close to hotel. On 4th floor of shopping centre a very nice food court. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. English was a problem in Sau Paulo. Brazil in general very expensive.

Room Tip: Get a room high up as possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to contact us!
I appreciate your comments and your complements to the team ou for the excellent service.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights for work. Great to have free wifi, a pool, adequate gym and free brekky. Rooms were basic but had everything you need. Really comfy bed and light and airy. Small bathroom but shower super powerful and hot! Only complaint was no kettle in the room for a cuppa! Which was frustrating. Otherwise happy!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mr. Siydney!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I appreciate your comments and your complements in your stay. Next time, you can order the kettle in your room.

Cordially,

Been to Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia? Share your experiences!