“A very mixed bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention

You added Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Martins Fontes, 71 - Centro, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01050-000, Brazil (Formerly Holiday Inn Select) (Consolacao)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 309 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai
“A very mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Unfortunately I got off the wrong foot with the hotel. Being a loyal Accor Group member I expected an early check (8.30 am) especially since at the previous Accor hotel I had such a late check in. It took a bit of arguing because the hotel wanted to charge me for half a day. It just reflected poorly on the Accor Group...one the Accor loyalty program is a sham and two it does not have a 24 hour check in policy. So in one stroke, it made me question the entire group. Now getting back to the hotel, I was paying through my nose because I was visiting an exhibition and my partners were also staying in the same Hotel (IBIS Paulista would have cost me half the rate and the comfort level is high from my previous experience). The room was also a little cramped. The front reception staff did to a certain extent retrieve the situation. They were extremely helpful in assisting me plan my schedule. Apart from the helpful staff, the sumptous breakfast and the excellent food at the 365 restaurant (best seafood spaghetti) helped turn an overall terrible experience into an average one. But having paid through my nose and arguing for an early check-in after a red eye flight, I don't think I will go back to this hotel although I will definitely dine at the 365 restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Danny.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Jaraguá.

Please, could you send me an email (h6224-gm1@accor.com.br) so I can check what happened at your check in and try to inform Le Club about your infomation. Because i can not check without your full name.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is a good alternative if you want to be close to the centre of eveything but don't want to spend a fortune. The service is fantastic. Great staff who really try to make everything happen for you. Very polite and very helpful. Only one or two people at the front desk speak English but you are transferred to them immediately you use the phone. The rooms are nice and well maintained. My colleague had a problem with her shower but was immediately transfered to a better room.

We noticed many of the airlines use this hotel for their flight crew. The NZ government PM's flight crew were her while we were.

My only complaints were that the carpet in the bedroom hallways really do need replacing and when a delegation of 400 Chinese appeared it was impossible to get a lift up or down for about 15 minutes each side of their arrival or departure. Apart from this then place is good value and the little cafes next door were great for eating out. Free breakfast included and it was comprehensive.

Room Tip: Higher rooms probably less noisy but wait time for lifts greater. Lower floor rooms on the main str...
Dear Kate,

Saint Cloud, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I think how much you'll like this hotel will depend on your needs.

If you need to be in the center of Sao Paulo and get a rate of less than $150 then it's a decent option.

Service was very good throughout the hotel, very helpful and enough English to ensure you get what you need.

My two biggest complaints are internet and room service food quality.

For a business hotel, the up/down/on/off/slow internet is completely unacceptable. There were times when everything was working perfectly, then the connection goes and my laptop just sits trying for 30 minutes to re-connect ! (I work in IT so know it was the hotels wifi that was the issue). You should also know that their log in system only allows ONE device per user to be active at any time. So if you have a room or pre-paid account you can't have your phone and laptop connected at the same time.

I was VERY disappointed with each of 3 meals I ordered from room service. They looked and tasted like they had been cooked in a school canteen.

The breakfast buffet was definitely OK with bread, cold cuts, fresh fruit, etc.

My rate was high for some reason (trade show ?) so I don't feel it was the best value possible and will probably check out somewhere different next time I'm in Sao Paulo.

Dear Guest,

About your points, first I would like to say that we are changing our internet provider in order to improve our service. And i apoligize for room service, this is not our standart and all information was sent to our Executive Chef to take all measures to solve it.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed there for three nights and had a pleasant stay. The rooms were ok, although there was a little humidity that made the room smell a bit... Breakfast was perfect, with lots of choices and good food. Gym was ok, it had enough machines and they were new. The area were the hotel is located had plenty of restaurants and shops and was quite. Staff were helpful and polite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Novotel can be great value for a tourist if booked at their special weekend rates. The front desk staff is incredibly helpful, the hotel is clean and comfortable (if somewhat worn), and the location is good enough -- downtown by the subway lines, or a 2-300 minute walk to Avenue Paulista.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mine Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is very clean and modern, the personal is very nice and helpful. They were available to give me information about touristic places, better alternatives of transport and reference of good restaurants. The hotel has a very nice gym, beautiful lobby and a theater in the same building. Crossing the street there is a restaurant with typical Brazilian sandwich. My only problem was, the people in charge to refill the mini bar and snacks charged me for things I didn't consume, anyway I reported this issue at the front desk and they removed these charges from my bill. I definitely recommend this hotel if you stay in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention? Share your experiences!