“Is it a hotel or a nightclub? (Club A has to go)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel

You added Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Das Nacoes Unidas, 12559 | Brooklin Novo, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04578-903, Brazil (Formerly "Gran Melia")   |
Ranked #25 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Toronto, Canada
“Is it a hotel or a nightclub? (Club A has to go)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Sheraton has a nightclub (Club A) on the 3rd floor that goes all night long. The hotel gave me a room on the top floor and I assumed that I wouldn't hear the music. However, my window faced the club (facing the large dome) and the bass reverberated all the way up. The thump, thump, thump was certainly loud enough to keep me awake. At 1AM I finally requested a room change and they placed me in a room on the other side of the hotel. (They ACTUALLY offered to ask the DJ to turn the music down - what a joke!). If you are on an upper floor, facing the large bridge with the wire supports it should be quiet enough. Otherwise, Club A totally detracts from an otherwise very nice hotel.

Room Tip: If you are on an upper floor, facing the large bridge with the wire supports it should be quiet enou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Gerente de relações públicas at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We are very sorry about the disturbance caused by the noise from the Club A and we hope you accept our most sincere apologies. We know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when you have a few hours to relax and your expectations are not met. We assure you that we are looking for the best solution regarding this issue so we can resolve this kind of situation promptly. We have a noise meter that sets a limit on the volume of the music of Club A and we will check if there was any problem with the device. We hope you will give us another chance to show our true level of service.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the SSP on Dec 1. The hotel was nice, staff was so so, and the room was very modern. It was the highlight of the stay. The bathroom was dirty when we checked in, which was a very bad surprise.

We also experienced some very serious issues with the internet - which didnt work in our room, but worked fine in the Club Lounge and the Lobby.

The breakfast in the club lounge was very good and the highlight of the trip,

We went out to the club in the hotel since it was a Saturday night, it was very good. The one drawback was that they didnt allow us to charge the drinks to our room, but not a big deal. They offered the hotel guests complementary champaign before the public entered.

When we let the Manager Floria know about the issues we had, she was very helpful and nice about wanting to help us correct things. She said that Jeferson another Manager would be crediting our SPG account with a certain number of points. When Jeferson emailed us, he tried to lowball us and offer us less than Floria did. I was very turned off by this experience and told him so. He then changed his offer and refused to do anything else.

Overall I found Management very bad at this hotel, with the exception of Floria who helped us out very well. Jeferson needs to take some courses on dealing with clients!

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 5th floor if you don't want to be disturbed by the club music when it is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton-WTC, Gerente de relações públicas at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear guest,

The Sheraton São Paulo WTC Hotel always tries to offer the best experience to its guests, including SPGs, who we are pleasured to serve. We would like to tell you that your comments were deeply analyzed, involving all the mentioned professionals.
However, the accreditation of additional points to SPG program is extremely rigorous and our professional worked along these rigorous principles. We would like to see you again in our Hotel so we have the opportunity to offer you the best standard treatments and also to dismiss any negative perception which might have remained.

Sincerely yours,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here on business (as close to office). Managed to avoid the "noisy" nights (eg Thurs). The gym was functional but very small. Managed to get breakfast at the club level which was nice but same selection of food every day. I have stayed at other hotels (eg Estenplaza, Hilton) in the same area & the Sheraton was the worse of the three (but club level breakfast/evening drinks made up for it).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Gerente de relações públicas at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments.
We would like to inform you that we are improving our gym so it would be more comfortable and meet our guests needs. We hope you can enjoy it next time you visit our Hotel.
Also, your evaluation was forwarded to the Food and Beverage Manager responsible for the breakfast at the Club Level so we can always meet our guests expectations.
We remain at your disposal for further information and assistance.

Best regards.
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my first time to Sao Paulo. I heard horror stories about coming here about not being safe, etc. I really didnt feel that way around the area of the hotel.
The Sheraton is directly connect to a mall. This was nice as you had direct access to banks for withdrawing money from ATMs and a decent food court, from McDonalds all the way to high class restaurants.
I was in a Design Room which was really nice. It was modern and clean. The staff was excellent and had no issues. There are three things the hotel could improve on which would move it to an excellent rating.
1) Car Service. Since this was my first time to the city I booked the car service. While I know it is more money to do so, I also expect the car to be nicer then taking a normal taxi. This was not the case. The Taxis from the Airport where in much better shape then the old Toyota which arrived to pick me up. In the future, I am going to skip the car service provided by the hotel and use either a normal taxi or other car service.
2) Internet. The internet was intermittent. This might be this way for the whole of Brazil but I would expect the internet to be first class.
3) Breakfast. The breakfast could really use some work. The items seem limited compared to other breakfast spreads I have had in other hotels.

Overall this was a very good hotel to stay in. The area was safe and I walked around to explore the area with no issues. I took taxis from the hotel where I needed to go and felt safe the entire time. While that doesnt mean I wasnt aware, I felt safe.

I do like the fact it is connected to a mall which provided different dining options. I plan to stay at this hotel again in the future and if they could fix the internet and breakfast issues brought up, I would give it a 5* rating.

Room Tip: Design Room if you can get it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We know that an attitude like yours of taking time to write the good things you experienced in the city and during your stay is not so common. So, we do appreciate your kind comments and suggestions and please be sure we will take those into consideration. We are already working on some of the issues you mentioned.

We are honoured to have guests like you and we hope to see you again.

Warm regards.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I thought that the hotel was clean and in great shape.

I did have to switch rooms, but only because my first room was elevator adjacent and the noise was distracting. While a bit outdated, the room was very clean.

The second room they gave me was on the second floor and much more modern looking - a good, clean room overall. Only issue though was on the second night (Tuesday) when the on-site club was blaring music until about 4am. It was extremely distracting and unfortunately the hotel was sold out, so there was nowhere to move me to.

In terms of the hotel location, I thought it was a bit out of the way and in an overly commercial zone. My local Sao Paulo coworkers recommended the Renaissance as a better location; we actually found ourselves hanging out in that area in the evening for dinner. Perhaps something worth checking out.

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry about the disturbance caused by the noise from the Club A and we hope you accept our most sincere apologies. We know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when you have a few hour to relax and your expectations are not met. We assure you that we are looking for the best solution regarding this issue so we can resolve this kind of situation promptly. We hope you will give us another chance to show our true level of service.

Also, we would like to introduce you to our neighbourhood which has 6 important shopping malls apart of a wide range of dining options.

It is an honor to have you as our guest. We really hope to hear from you again soon.
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We Come often to Sao Paulo to work and met several hotels. They created by renowned Brazilian architects and decorators the part of the trendsetting Casa Hotel and Casa Cor events. Design rooms really were an excellent choice near other hotels.
Design Level guests will have access Also to the 4th floor Club Lounge, with open bar and private breakfast, where he had a friendly waiter. This makes all the difference.
It is also linked to a mall, which is quite comfortable in Sao Paulo.
The room service was great to show how the photo.

Room Tip: I recommend the design rooms, i do not know the others.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank for your lovely review. We are very happy to know you enjoyed our special Design Rooms and the Lounge facilities.
Please be sure we will tell our staff about your compliments and we are looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards.
Agoura Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First the good stuff. Nice people and good beds, that is it. The Sheraton is, to put it simply, grossly overpriced. At $350 a night you will be very disappointed. To begin, I arrived on a sunday 8:00 am from a 18 hrs journey and was asked to pay $190 for an early check in. The room was ready and waiting for me but they would only release it if I paid on top $2000 I had already paid for my stay, that was a first for me. Never before I was denied an early check in if the room was available. The room is ugly, old and very worn out. You can see all the amended cables behind the TV, the sofas and chairs are stained and half color faded from the sun, the arm rests fabric is mostly gone and the drapes are disgusting; all the furniture looks as if it was 20 years old. The shower is very powerful but at its minimum, the hot water is almost unbearable, also, the water temperature changes constantly so there is a lot of scramming while you shower and the constant fear of being cooked alive. The other problem with the shower is that the door and side glass aren't properly insulated so you finish showering and you walk out to a semi-floded floor and sink counter where your toiletries are now soaked. The key stopped working 4 times, usually when I really needed the bathroom and the wi-fi...well, its free...but is slower than a dial up of the 90's. If you want a usable internet expect to pay another $25 a day. By the way, my fare did not include breakfast, That might be because I booked trough hotels.com and it was a few bucks less expensive than booking through starwood.
In any case, I took the time to write this review simply because I feel ripped off. There are plenty of good hotels in SP and if you don't mind paying close to 400/night the nearby Hilton and Hyatt are newer and much nicer.

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We can assure you that we are constantly in a process of renewing and refurnishing our rooms and facilities.
Your specific points will be forwarded to each hotel department and proper measures will be taken.

We hope to meet your expectations next time.

Best regards.

Been to Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel? Share your experiences!