“good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel

You added Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Das Nacoes Unidas, 12559 | Brooklin Novo, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04578-903, Brazil (Formerly "Gran Melia")   |
Ranked #25 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Seattle, Washington
“good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Good Sheraton with friendly and very helpful staff. The breakfast buffet had good variety and quality (I didn't try the eggs, bacon) and an easy choice if it's included in the rate. In addition to the hotel restaurant there are a number of choices in the adjoining business center below.

Great location if you're meeting in any of the nearby businesses or a short walk to the light rail station for a transfer to Paulista Avenue or the Jardins. With only a couple words of Portuguese I found it easy to get around on the CPTM & Metro and didn't have any concerns.

The standard (non-club) rooms are average and could certainly use an update but I didn't have any specific issues. If you're travelling alone chose the room with a single bed and as the twin bed rooms are small and the room is a rather odd “L” layout.

Room Tip: beds in the double rooms are very small
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SheratonSP, Quality Department at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased you took some part of your time to contribute with our development through your review. Thank you for share your opinion with us.

Being at WTC Complex makes us a comfortable choice to our guests having several restaurants and services stores inside the same building and strategically located close to CPTM and Metro providing an easy locomotion way to you who want to enjoy Sao Paulo city will certainly and continuously entertain you with our city's greatest places and tourist points.

At late december of 2011 we have change the beds from our apartments making few more of them fit Sheraton' standards offering to our guests the Sweet Sleeper Bed, that help with jet leg and the body blood flow providing an amazing night of sleep and the standards rooms you pointed has been under a refurbish project that will be finish in a near future.

We really appreciate your review. Thank you once more of it.

Kindly regards, Sheraton WTC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel has the normal high quality of other Sheratons and it's location with some great restaurants underneath make staying there pleasure.

Room Tip: Free Internet at slower speeds.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SheratonSP, Quality Department at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciated you took some part of your time to contribute with our continuoulsy development process through your review.

We are very glad our location and restaurants attached to our hotel fits were the highlights from your stay here. Certainly, not only our location, but the partnership with few of those restaurants will make every experience - of yours and every of our guests - at Sheraton WTC as confortable as it can be.

Regarding our internet service you mentioned, in a short future our project to improve this matter will be through the tests fase, in order to offer to our guests a experience even greater.

Kindly regards,

Sheraton WTC
Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Clubfloor room is pleasant and roomy,

one BIG minor is the excruciatiningly slow internet wifi, there is basic free service, I even paid one day the extra access, it only got worse, if you are on business this hotel is a NO GO for this reason, I lost a lot of precious time, finally went to the Hilton who helped me.

Room cleaning irregular, twice they forgot to clean up the room

Staff at the reception are very friendly and very helpful, they go out of their way to help you

Club floor breakfast is ok, during the day service very iffy, some staff were very friendly, some did not care in the least

As the swimming pool is used as a club in the weekend, you'll be swimming amongst floating papercups and sigarette buts, a most incredible experience

Room service choice: to limited food choice

A bit of a shame as the hotel in all has so much going for it, does not stand up to expected sheraton level.

Room Tip: Upperfloor rooms have a good view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SheratonSP, Quality Department at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for write us a review and please accept our sincerely apologizes for the inconvenients you face during your experience at Sheraton WTC. We have a project that will certainly improve our internet service in a near future it will be completed. Our Housekkeping department has been re-instructed on our room cleanness standards in order to avoid this same issue to re-occur and provinding to our swimming pool a special attention after the parties at Club A.
One more news for 2012 is the new and improved room service menu, with many more options that will definitely fit your needs.
And we really appreciate your mention to our front desk team, proudly we let them know about your mention on your review.

Kindly regards, Sheraton WTC
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I spent 3 nights at this hotel in early December 2011.

My room was clean; the decor was nice, but not at a level of luxury I would expect for $490 USD per night. The room has two twin beds, a love seat, upholstered chair, desk with chair, flat screen TV on a swiveled base, a safe in the closet, a small cabinet for clothes (which looked more like it should have been a bar for liquor). The furniture was showing its age - there were some small stains on the upholstered furniture, the wood finished furniture had quite a few nicks and dents.

I did like the layout of the room - it felt like a small efficiency apartment rather than a hotel room. The area immediately entered into had a closet with double doors which felt like a small entry hall; to the right was another area with a built-in shelf to hold a suitcase for unpacking, and a 3.5 foot tall cabinet with doors; I recall that the cabinet top was a stone material, maybe granite. Continuing through this area to the right of the door was the bathroom.

The bathroom floor and walls were covered in marble tile - the walls were tiled floor-to-ceiling. The bathroom contained both a toilet and a bidet. The sink was set in a 5-foot wide granite (or similar product) counter with a wide mirror in the wall above the sink. The area below the sink was open (i.e., not an enclosed cabinet). The shower was somewhat small, but adequate for one - definitely not room for a romantic shower for two! The shower was complete enclosed in clear glass. Water pressure and temperature were fine - no issue here. The shower floor drained very slowly - it was pretty flat - I always felt I had to help the shower drain by moving the water toward the drain with my foot. The bathroom was quite attractive.

The beds were comfortable, albeit small since they were twin beds. The bed linens were clean, but nothing luxurious.

The hotel offered 12 hours of free internet per day. The internet speed was quite slow. I was able to use both my laptop and iPhone on the free service simultaneously.

I have attached a number of pictures of my room and bathroom. I stayed in room 911.

I have no issues with the service I received. My check-in was prompt and courteous. The front desk staff spoke excellent English. I never made any unusual service requests - I simply checked-in and checked-out, so I cannot offer any rebuttals to other travelers' reviews claiming poor service.

The breakfast buffet was good, nothing great, but the food was definitely okay. The selection was quite varied.

The outside of the hotel is attractive.

The hotel is located in an area that felt safe. There is an adjacent shopping mall with stores and restaurants.

I know that hotel prices in Sao Paulo are expensive, but $490/night? Ouch!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your experience at Sheraton WTC.

We are very grateful you took some of your time to contribute to our development process through this opinion of yours.

Regarding the internet service, in a near future our project to improve it will be through the tests fase, offering to our guests a greater service.

We are very sorry the twin bed room did not fitted your need, however during your check-in time in a futre hosting, please, inform our Front Desk staff about your preference or during the contact with our Reservation staff - when you make your next booking - let us know in advance your preference to king or queen bed. We will continously work to offer a confortable hosting to every of our guests and attend your requests put us in the way to do it.

Regarding the furnish of the room your were hosted - room 911 - we are glad to inform you that this room category is going through a renovation project, also in order to offer a greater experience with us providing even more confortableness and cozyness to our guests.

Once more, thank you for your review.

Kindly regards,

Sheraton WTC
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Very poor service.
1- botched airport pickup. After emailing back and forth to arrange a 260 Real ($160) airport transfer, we arrive after a long flight and there's no one waiting with a piece of paper with my name on it. We wait 20 minutes and still nothing. I ended up having to buy a calling card to call the hotel when we couldn't find out driver. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with them trying to figure out what happened. Took an extra hour all in to get to the hotel. Front desk guy checking us in was even the one I had spoken to and said "oh, you found the driver? good." I asked for an upgrade. Nothing offered. Not even a token for having wasted my time.

2- internet service sucked- we were supposed to be able to use multiple devices and it kept kicking one person off when the other tried to connect. IT kept saying we could connect 3 devices, but it didn't work. Made getting work done very hard.

3- housekeeping- they wanted to clean the room. We told them to come back in 10 minutes when we left for lunch. I confirmed with an english-speaking front desk person. 1.5 hours later, we come back to the room and it's still a mess. I go to the lobby to ask for it cleaned and they insist that it's been marked as clean. I argue that I was just up there and it was a mess. I am jet-lagged at this point and just want a nap in a clean room. They say it will take 30 minutes. 60 minutes later, it's done.

4-Breakfast check in lady was very rude. We showed up at 9:55 (breakfast closes at 10) and she said that breakfast was over. I literally had to show her a clock and she begrudgingly let us in. Restaurant has the slowest service we had encountered in the entire city. Food is ok.

5- transfer back the airport. As we check out, we ask how much the taxi costs back. They say 150 reals. I make sure to have 200 on hand. We get in the taxi and the meter quickly reaches 250 Reals by the time we get there. Then the driver tries to get me to pay an extra 50% since it's the airport, showing me some tariff card. This is the nice taxis that they have waiting at the hotel and the guy is trying to extort me. Ridiculous.

Never staying there again.
Worst stay of our whole trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
SheratonSP, Quality department at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for the issues you faced during your experience with us, then please accept our sincerely apologizes for no having succeed yours expectations. Certainly, your review really help us to avoid those inconvenients to re-occur.

Definetely our rooms division manager will be informed on your review in order to re-instruct our team to fit our standards avoiding any randomness to our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Late this year our housekeeping staff has been increased and a new project to improve our internet service is under testing.

Thank you once more for your review.

Kind regards.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I spent 5 days on a 2 week business trip at this hotel. The rest of that trip I stayed at San Cristobal Tower (Sheraton) in Chile which is to my view the hotel with the best service in the region. In contrast to my experience at San Cristobal, I found the service at WTC very poor and for a lower price I have experienced better service at Hiltom Morumbi a few blocks from the hotel. Being a Startwood Platinum for over 10 years I got used to the excellent service that Starwood properties usually provide to Platinum guests.
Not only did I not get any upgrade but I was put on a room smaller than what I could get at HIlton (where I dont have the top status) and for a lower price.
Had I not set up my alarm clock, I would have lost my departing plane as they forgot to do the wake up call I requested on my departing day.
All in all, the service was pretty basic, no amenities or any other gesture that would make me feel like a preferred guest. So much to learn on guest relations from other properties such as Chile´s San Cristobal.
Even being a Starwood platinum, my next trips to Sao Paulo I will be staying at HIlton Morumbi. In addition to that, I have learned from other bad experiences at this hotel. Namely, my company President stayed there once, complained for noises and other issues and was totally ignored.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thnak you for your review and your preference to Sheraton Hotels. However, please accept our sincerely apologizes for the inconvenients during your experience withs us. Certainly we will re-instruct our team in order to overcome ours guests expectations. Our rooms division manager has been aware fo your comments on our SPG members benefits and will reinforce those same with all of your team. For 2012 we will have new services continously offering to our guest confortableness and a great hotel experience.

Once more thank you for your review.

Kind regards.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton in Sao Paulo for 1 night in November and the quality of the hotel and service was average. The bed was very comfortable, but the room itself was dated and needs to be remodeled. The concierge was very helpful as well as the front desk staff. Rooms are very expensive in Brazil but you don't always get great value. I stayed at the Hilton across the street which was much nicer, newer and with better food but it was more expensive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel? Share your experiences!