“Truly competitor for Hilton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo

You added Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Das Nacoes Unidas 13301 | Brooklin, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04578000, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Truly competitor for Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I have used to stay at Hilton, nearby this hotel. To me Hilton was unbeatable until get Hyatt because lack of availability at Hilton.

Got surprised they can offer similar infra, with executive lounge and rooms at top floors, great bar and restaurant.

Commodore suites are quite comfortable and huge, including a jacuzzi for two.

Executive lounge with free drinks and snacks from 18:00 to 20:00.

Regular suites quite comfortable also. Great service, wifi, express check out according to expectation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about Grand Hyatt São Paulo and for highlighting so many positive points experienced during your stay. Your recognition is our greatest reward and shows us that we have fulfilled our mission to exceed guests’ expectations. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great service, rooms, and meals. Simple as that. The breakfast is one of the best (although they could use staffing a few more servers as service was, at peak times, exceptionally slow.)

The tropical rain storm of a shower-head was a great way to start the morning. I frequently had to work while in the room and the desk accommodations were easily accessible. I even found time to use the pool and it was very relaxing indeed.

Pro-Tip: This hotel is downright awful to get to during peak traffic times. Traffic for the road approaching is a real bear, so try and time your arrival outside of peak traffic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Mr. David,
Thank you for your review and sharing your impression of our hotel. We are very happy you appreciated your stay. We understand that our guests demand efficiency, so our process of service at breakfast was made to be as easy as possible. We regret that we have not met your expectations regarding this and thank you for bringing it to our attention. As São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Our team of Concierges can help with traffic advise in the city. We hope to have the opportunity to give you a warm welcome back to Grand Hyatt São Paulo soon.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Extremely memorable stay in this hotel for 2 nights, too bad I didn't get to enjoy as much as I could as I was in a trauma of my lost luggage from Rio to Sao Paulo.

Very impressed with the room. New, bright and clean. Liked the concept of the walk-in bathroom. I loved the toiletries which were provided by the hotel as well. The soaps that were made by themselves were impressive.

The service by the staff was awesome. They tried to assure me that my luggage would arrive the next day evening. I was really appreciative when they kept calling the airlines to enquire about my luggage and gave me updated information.

The hotel staff made sure I was well taken care of. They made sure I had the sufficient toiletries to last till my luggage came. One thing which freaked me out was when a staff tried to bring shaving kit and deodorant to my room (out of goodwill without me asking). I was in a shower when I heard the doorbell rang. I decided to ignore it, the staff rang about 3 times within 2 minutes and I was pretty shocked when I heard the door opening! I shouted and asked the staff to wait while I finished my shower abruptly and dried myself before getting it from her.

Location is a little out of the place but there are 2 malls within the vicinity. The Metro station is a good 10 minutes walk from the hotel but was accessible to get to parts of the city. Staff at the Concierge were very informative about the information of places to visit and how to get there.

Definitely my choice if I were to visit Sao Paulo again. Thanks for the assistance that the staff rendered during my stay. Although the luggage didnt even arrive when I checked out, they were able to offer me advice on what to do upon reaching the airport.

Greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for highlighting so many positive points experienced during your stay at the Grand Hyatt São Paulo. Your opinion shows us that we fulfilled our mission, which is to provide authentic hospitality to our guests. I’m glad to know that our team was really committed to helping you with your lost luggage from Rio de Janeiro. I hope you found it! It will be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit to São Paulo.
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for five days on business. The staff were extremely responsive and friendly. I was very impressed.

I am a Diamond member but did not upgraded to the Club Level. They said there were no rooms available but I was able to find them on their web-site! My room was still very nice. I never once heard a sound from my neighbors.

I received access to the club lounge though which was very nice. The evening cocktail services was better than the breakfast though which seemed a little light on choice and missing some important things (like butter!)

This neighborhood has improved a lot over the years. I feel comfortable walking to the mall now which is about 6 or 7 blocks away

Ill be back

Room Tip: There is construction on one side of the hotel - ask for a room facing the TV station
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experiences at Grand Hyatt São Paulo with other TripAdvisor travellers. I am very happy to receive your review, and to know about your loyalty to Hyatt and Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo is our greatest reward! It was a pleasure to receive feedback that our facilities and the care provided by our team was to your liking. I would like to share with you that the Grand and Club Room categories are physically the same, the difference is the special services that the Club Rooms offer, such as access to the Grand Club Lounge located on 20th floor with private check-in and checkout, complimentary continental breakfast and cocktails in the evening, one-hour of complimentary use of a meeting room and a private concierge. It’s highly important to our chefs to always maintain the quality of all meals and provide a large scale of options. I would like to inform you that butter is an item available upon request. Please, do not hesitate to contact an attendant on matters such as this on your next stay. Thank you again for your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. We hope to welcome you again when you return to São Paulo.
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

.....For the price and the usual standard of the Hyatt. Rooms are big, beds are very comfortable, but shower was making a crazy noise due to lack of maintenance. The fitness is mid-class, small with old equipments, whereas the in&out door pools are really nice. The breakfast is really poor with little variety of food, disappointing

Dear Mr. Sebastien,
Thank you for your review. I would like to emphasise that our team is able to promptly meet any needs of our guests, including resolution of technical problems, so please do not hesitate to contact us immediately when this happens. I would like to share with you that our fitness centre (cardio and strength training rooms) have undergone a complete renovation recently, with the installation of the latest equipment, to ensure the better performance of athletes. I also suggest that in the future, after your workout, you visit the sauna located at Amanary Spa, a great choice to complete the experience. Our breakfast buffet at the Grand Caffè offers many hot and cold options and a special oriental station. Our pastry chef, Laurent Grolleau, takes special care to offer a large selection of pastries and baked items every day. We also offer a seasonal selection of fresh native Brazilian fruits, which enables our international customers to experience local products. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon, in order to reverse the bad impression you had during your stay.
Oakland, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've visited Sao Paulo a few times and most recently stayed at Grand Hyatt. I must say, this place is a bit boring. The hotel lobby is really uninspired and the adjoining restaurant/bar had probably the worst service I've ever seen. It took us about 30 minutes to get a drink in the bar after the order was placed. You could argue that might have been a one-time glitch, but this was our experience the entire week. Quite poor service. The hotel bathroom, though, is spectacular.

Very strange for a Grand Hyatt. I was excited to stay here because I've been to a few Grand Hyatts that are spectacular (Mumbai, Shanghai), but this one doesn't come close.

I definitely prefer the Renaissance Hotel. Much better location and much better service/atmosphere.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Mark,
Thank you for sharing your opinion. We regret to hear that your experience at Grand Hyatt São Paulo was not up to your expectations, as our first and most important goal is to offer each of our guests a memorable experience. Please be assured that your opinion is taken very seriously and the mentioned topics were submitted directly to the respective department’s management. Our hotel is committed to always providing excellent and sincere service following Hyatt’s global standards. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt São Paulo and have the chance to win back your confidence.
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo last week for business and it was simply awesome. This was the 2nd or 3rd time I have stayed there and it never disappoints. The rooms are top notch with wonderful beds and the showers are world class rain showers. The staff is very helpful on all fronts and make the stay enjoyable. There is a nice fitness center with separate cardio and weight rooms which is a must for my business travel. There is a spa there as well that someday I'd like to try as it gets good reviews. The food in the restuarant downstairs is very good for breakfast and lunch and the "Upstairs" bar is a great place to unwind! I will do my best to make this hotel my destination of choice for all my SP trips moving forward.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Your remarks were received with great satisfaction, as they show us that our commitment to provide authentic hospitality and make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. Your recognition is our greatest reward! We also thank you for choosing us when you visit the city. I would like to suggest that, if your are still not a member, you consider joining the Gold Passport programme, which offers numerous benefits to frequent travellers who use Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. On your next visit, be sure to experience the treatments of our Amanary Spa. It will be a pleasure to receive you again in the near future.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Been to Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo? Share your experiences!