“Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo is simply Grand!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo

You added Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Das Nacoes Unidas 13301 | Brooklin, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04578000, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Laguna Niguel, California
“Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo is simply Grand!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo last week for business and it was simply awesome. This was the 2nd or 3rd time I have stayed there and it never disappoints. The rooms are top notch with wonderful beds and the showers are world class rain showers. The staff is very helpful on all fronts and make the stay enjoyable. There is a nice fitness center with separate cardio and weight rooms which is a must for my business travel. There is a spa there as well that someday I'd like to try as it gets good reviews. The food in the restuarant downstairs is very good for breakfast and lunch and the "Upstairs" bar is a great place to unwind! I will do my best to make this hotel my destination of choice for all my SP trips moving forward.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Your remarks were received with great satisfaction, as they show us that our commitment to provide authentic hospitality and make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. Your recognition is our greatest reward! We also thank you for choosing us when you visit the city. I would like to suggest that, if your are still not a member, you consider joining the Gold Passport programme, which offers numerous benefits to frequent travellers who use Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. On your next visit, be sure to experience the treatments of our Amanary Spa. It will be a pleasure to receive you again in the near future.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is located close to Ponte Estaiada close to Morumbi Shopping. Decor is modern with light wood and lots of light. Room and bathroom are well designed and spacious. Rain shower and large bathtub helps with relaxation. Maid comes in the afternoon to prepare bed for the night. Service is friendly and fast. Breakfast has more options than one can eat and I felt a bit expensive. I ordered oatmeal and was charged for the full price. Noone explained to me this was going to happen. Watch for room overcharges - they did happen with me (frigobar charges that did not belong to me) as well as with my colleague. They were nice to remove from my charges when i complained. Location is close to 3 malls. These offer good options on clothing and gifts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Grand Hyatt São Paulo and for sharing your impressions of our hotel with us. It’s a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed the services provided, guest comfort is our priority. I also thank you for pointing out your experience during the checkout process, and please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience. Our team is always attentive to be sure that all the expenses are correctly charged, however this situation may happen occasionally. Please, always let us know if you think we have made a mistake and we will be glad to fix it. I hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel again soon.
Brasília, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

the hotel is comfortable with spacious rooms and good restaurants. The staff is friendly and provides great service. The hotel is quite far from Paulista Avenue tough, it means you have to take a taxi or rent a car if you wanna go to the theatre, a restaurant, a museum or any cool area of the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt São Paulo during your visit to the city and for sharing your experiences with us. It’s a pleasure to know that we fulfilled our mission, which is to provide authentic hospitality to our guests. I would like to suggest that on your next stay you reach out to our concierge and guest relations team, who are highly qualified and prepared to assist with the best choices for leisure around the hotel, like music venues and theaters. The Ibirapuera Park is a great option for leisure and while there, you can also visit the Modern Art Museum of São Paulo, located inside the park. I also suggest you take the time to experience our restaurants, which offer Italian, French and Japanese cuisines, as well as our bar and wine cellar, the Wine Library.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

As I travel often to Sao Paulo on business, I have tried and tested many of their hotels and repeatedly been disappointed by quality and service. Whilst I can go on about the lack of English speaking TV channels or the slow internet, the fact is Im a woman working in a mans world (Finance...!) and I like nice bathrooms, ammenities, a clean room and good service, the Hyatt delivered on all The bathroom is a delight, very large with a raindrop shower, bathrobes and plent of fluffy towels. Room service was speedy and tasty, check in check out very professional and caring. I used the gym twice only complaint, it was later in the evening and there were no cups for water. A hotel of this level should be providing bottles, water dispensers dont cut it for a serious workout. The breakfast buffet appeared to have lots of choices and again service was good, but as i dont eat substantially on a morning I cant judge many of the offerings. All in all I was very pleased and would return to this hotel

Dear Ms. Debora,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience at the Grand Hyatt São Paulo. We are glad to know that our services were to your liking and reversed the impression of your last visits to São Paulo.
I also thank you for your suggestion about the water service available at Amanary Spa, be sure it was transmitted to the respective department’s management and will be evaluated for future plans.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit to the city.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager.
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the fourth time I stay in a Hyatt Hotel and it is great as any other Hyatt. The main difference from other properties was the staff. They were all very very friendly, way different from Aruba, Santiago and Sacramento. We've never been treated so well, especially by front desk employee Michele. However their building is showing its age (10 years). You can easily see signs that need maintenance. In my room I found a leaking toilet and the floor inside the shower wasn't fine (see pictures). In my opinion, since fees aren't cheap, they need to take closer attention to this kind of things.
Our 3 year son got candies and crayons in the room as a special treat. Thought this was neat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to Estaiada Bridge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with us and other travellers. Your evaluation is highly important to our hotel, and feedback like yours enables us to better understand the perception of our customers.
I’m glad to hear that our employees treated you and your family in a special way, your review was received with great satisfaction by our team. Thank you!
We recently celebrated the ten year anniversary of the Grand Hyatt São Paulo’s opening. Over the course of the decade we have maintained our mission of making a difference in our guests’ lives. The quality of our facilities is a key factor in that ambition, and is why we hold regular inspections and maintenance of all the hotel’s premises. Thank you for pointing out such issues; be sure that our housekeeping and engineering management teams have received your comments and will take appropriate action immediately. We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to São Paulo.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is really beautiful. Lobby is impeccable, guestrooms are comfortable and modern, the bathroom is amazing (a big rain shower, plus bath, plus bidet, which is really unusual specially for American hotels). The staff is very attentive, the amenities are great, the restaurants options are varied.
I would give it 5 stars if they fix the following:
1. Have a normal iron table in guestrooms. The one that is provided is very little and you have to put it on top of another table or sink. I am petite woman and had a hard time ironing just one shirt and I cannot image how a man can use this.
2. Have better TV options. There are like 50 channels, but if you don't speak Portuguese you only have 2 options: CNN and Sony. Sometimes, not always, you can watch Telecine Premier, if they are broadcasting and American movie. There are many other channels in Brazil that you can incorporate and get rid of some of others since most of your guests are foreigners.
3. You can hear almost everything from the hallway, which is really annoying, specially if you are arriving from a red eye flight and want to take a nap before heading to work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your opinion. Your feedback has let us know about some of the positives of our hotel as well the areas we must improve. Feedback like yours is always very important and helps us improve the quality of our services. Allow me to share with you that we have approximately 11 TV channels spoken in English, plus some local programmes that offer original audio. We will work internally to provide a better way to communicate this information in order to make life easier for our guests; we thank you for pointing out this difficulty. It’s possible that your room was located near the service exit, which is inevitably used 24-hours, or that a group of guests was making excessive noise in the corridor. In both cases, on your next visit do not hesitate to contact us and let us know, we will be happy to change your room immediately, thus ensuring your well-deserved rest. We hope to receive you again soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stay at this hotel several times a year, traveling on business from New York. While the hotel is 10 years old, it is holding up well and I find the rooms and public spaces to be well maintained. The staff has always been deferential and accommodating. Where this property misses the mark is in its treatment of business travelers, on three fronts as I see it: The Club Level lounge, TV options and internet access. 1) The Club level lounge is scheduled to open for breakfast at 06:30AM and is never fully operational until after 07:00AM. While there is rarely a shortage of guests wanting to use the club, the breakfast offering is more than half empty at all times. 2) Over 60 channels on the TV and only one in English (CNN International). As a business hotel catering to an overwhelming US audience, I find this inappropriate. 3) Wifi access was poor to non-existant (mostly <0.30mbps) hardly enough to manage simple email. Again, not guest friendly.

Dear Mr. Wallace,
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing the Grand Hyatt São Paulo on your many visits to our city. We deeply regret that you experienced our service in a less than satisfactory way, because we make every effort to make the business traveller experience as enjoyable as possible, as we understand and respect that needs of a guest such as yourself. Please be assured that your opinion is taken very seriously and the topics mentioned were taken directly to the respective department’s management, and I would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some clarification. Regarding the opening hours of the Grand Club Lounge, I assure you that it is open promptly every day from 6:30 am. In the lifetime of the Lounge, only a few times has this not happened due to technical problems, something that did indeed happen in August, when the Lounge suffered a short delay and opened ten minutes late. I am sorry that you were affected by this inconvenience, and we sincerely apologise. As for television channels, we currently offer 11 channels spoken in English that include entertainment, variety, sports and information, plus local channels that (depending on the programming) offer original audio through SAP key. Be sure to consult with our Guest Services team on your next visit and they will be delighted to assist you with this. It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that last month we conducted an enhancement of our entire Internet network. We now have a WiFi antenna per room, offering individual rooms 4 MB Internet, which incredibly improves web access capability for our guests. We hope to see you again soon to have the opportunity to reverse the impression you left with after your last visit.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Been to Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo? Share your experiences!