The staff is hardly speaking any word of English, so we were always helped by the same woman who spoke enough English to help us.
The room was big, the balcony small. The view we had from the balcony, was on some ugly low buildings with water reservoirs on the roof. Not really what you expect from a room with view over São Paulo. The beds however were good.
The “SPA” on the top floor is poor. The images on the internet show it way bigger than it really is. The pool is shallow, and can’t have more than 5 people at the same time or it will be overcrowded. The view is great, but that’s all. The girls working over there don’t speak any word of English. And if you’re looking for the SPA, good luck. Without signs saying anything like “sauna” or “spa”, and with closed doors everywhere, this isn’t that easy. We gave up, as we were already too upset about all the other things.
The breakfast in the adjoining building was to cry. The 3 sandwiches, 4 slices of cheese and bacon, and the 400 grams of cereals were barely replenished. The service was unfriendly. It looks like if the people in São Paulo don’t know anything about good manners. They were always going first, even pushing you, they didn’t ask if we needed anything, they were not smiling and they were simply rude. The hotel also only attracts Brazilian people who are on holiday in their own country.
I will never go back in this hotel. I really regret my stay.
I strongly discommend this hotel to any type of guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a 4-star hotel in Sao Paulo that is the essence of urban sophistication.Enjoy contemporary, newly redesigned accommodations , which have been thoughtfully appointed to delight business and leisure guests. Indulge in first-class guest amenities, including the fashionable Bonjardim Restaurant and Bar , a heated rooftop pool and an exquisite spa overlooking downtown Sao Paulo and the tranquil Ibirapuera Park.From its privileged location in the Sao Paulo financial centre, The Capital Hotel Sao Paulo stands ready to serve you in refined style - at every moment of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Capital reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capital Gc Hotel Sao Paulo
- Capital Flat Sao Paulo
- The Capital Sao Paulo, Brazil