“Loved the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Sao Paulo

You added Pestana Sao Paulo to your Saves list
Pestana Sao Paulo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Tutoia, 77 | Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04007-000, Brazil   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #110 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Loved the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have visited São Paulo many times and spent my time in the traffic between meetings. Being at the Pestana made it easy to explore the lovely Ibirapuera park and Avenida Paulista on foot. There are also good restaurants and some museums, galleries and shops within walking distance. Seeing São Paulo on foot makes it a more human city.

As for the hotel, it is about four stars minus by a UK standard. I liked it. The safe on the room was activated by the strip in any electronic card you used, the internet world well, it was pretty quiet. The breakfast was fine, though I would have liked a bit more variety in the fruit and also some bacon or sausage to go with the scrambled egg. The service was calm and friendly. The people at the desk spoke good English - not always the case in Brazil.

I would prefer staying there than at grander hotels where there is nowhere to walk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Beef,
Primarily we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana São Paulo Hotel as your destination, and for having taken your valuable time to comment your stay with us. We are delighted to know that we are able to exceed you expectations, and that you enjoyed your time spent in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Walter Strub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel one night on business . A pleasant surprise since I was expecting the average 4 star for SP..

The hotel is in the Paulista region with easy access to metro . It is very new and I was sincerely impressed with the refinement and comfort of the room , the breakfast and the hotel itself .

The internet is the standard SP ( slow and free or and fast and paid , your choice )

The room is really a plus . New , tasteful , comfortable and relatively quiet ( almost nothing is in SP ) .

I honestly do not see anything bad this hotel and definitely is a excelent option. Deserves a fifth star . Will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your visit and for your helpful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your compliments regarding our property. We thank you again for your preference, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pestana São Paulo Hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Walter Strub - General Manager
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very centrally placed, large, comfortable room with working office area which was very useful. Superb breakfast and evening buffet meal with good choices. Helpful staff, good internet facilities. Large comfortable reception and meeting areas. Only one bad point... an appalling exchange rate for US $.... banks closed when we needed money!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, Brasil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday and there was only one person to proceed on check-in, to attend calls and give support at the reception.
Our checkin duration was 40minutes.
Room is very comfortable and clean; breakfast buffet has some options, however most of the breads and cakes are not tasty.
Car parking tax is not included.
Overall it was very disappointed according the hotel classification.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out after one week stay. Friendly and helpful staff. After a problem with plumbing in the room, I was promptly moved to another room. Good fruit on the breakfast buffet, coffee can improve though - it is Brazil after all. Overall a good experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Really good stay at the Pestana in July 2013. I was really worried after reading the horrible reviews. But, perhaps they renovated or the tripadvisor reviews helped them to improvise, but we found the rooms(size and cleanliness), breakfast, internet quality and VERY importantly, the staff, all VERY good. Every problem/question of ours was duly attended. English communication was not a problem. Everyone, on the reception or in the restaurants was very helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have recently stayed at this location and had a very frustrating experience. I arrived at 11pm back at the hotel and went to my room. The electronic key did not open the door so I went to the from desk to get another one that did not work either. Staff went with me to the room and tried for 45 minutes to open the door until they gave up. Long story short. I was sent to another room without my luggage to spend the nigh so they could figure out how to open the door. I woke up at 8:30 am went down and still the room was locked. I had breakfast and had to wait until 1pm when the last option was put into action. Staff had to cut the door open. At check out the person at the front desk told me that for my inconvenience they would offer me a late check out, lol. I suggested to at least give me a night credit. I had to to post my experience to warn other travelers and save them of a very uncomfortable situation.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Pestana Sao Paulo? Share your experiences!