“Pestana - São Paulo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Sao Paulo

You added Pestana Sao Paulo to your Saves list
Pestana Sao Paulo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Tutoia, 77 | Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04007-000, Brazil   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #128 of 309 Hotels in Sao Paulo
“Pestana - São Paulo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Pestana São Paulo is a very well located hotel on which I experienced a great stay. All the employees were very friendly and helpful. The room is really big and there are many options of refurbished rooms which are really modern and clean. The room service was great with very good food. I strongly advice people who are going to São Paulo on a business or leasure trip to stay on Pestana.

Room Tip: Choose the refurbished rooms!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

At first, we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana São Paulo and for the feedback about your last stay.
We are happy to know that you stay with us was positive.
We will be on hand for everything it’s necessary in your next trip to São Paulo.

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
BRAZIL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Pestana São Paulo is a business oriented hotel. Building facilities are looking a little bit dated, mainly if you observe façade and room furniture.

Staff is super attentive and respectful and that is a plus!

Room is big and furnished with couple’s bed, a tube 20 inches TV, wardrobes, coach, a desk from where you might access internet through cable (R$20 additional). Bathroom is furnished with bidet and bathtub, other than the regular found in this kind of facility.

It was very smart of them to have a nice air temperature control, also a wood window shield and plugs everywhere in the room. I didn’t like the wired internet and carpet that although clean might get some doubts on allergic clients.

Breakfast is another plus! Very diversified and tasting good from juice to snacks.
There is a Brahma (local bear) bar in Hotel’s lobby with live music by night. I ate filet and cod fish main dishes (R$50~60) and although very tasteful, they are not of the regular size of a meal in São Paulo.

Pestana’s location is very convenient observing it is one kilometer from Paulista avenue.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana Sao Paulo and the feedback after your stay.
The hotel underwent a reform in the apartments (decoration and equipment) so we can improve the quality of our products, and provide the internet at the rooms.
On your next trip to Sao Paulo, we would like to have you with us again to take advantage of new products.
We are fully available for what is needed.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I just had a short visit in Sao Paolo. I would like to recomment a great way to get around and see the city. Sao Paolo is a huge city...
I stayed in Pestana Sao Paolo. A nice hotel in a nice and safe neighbourhood. Nice shops and restaurants. Only problems: to expensive (the shops) and no one speaks english... Only a few at the hotel speaks english - that is why I can't rate it more. It was a problem to order food in the restaurant and it was a problem to get some informations in the reception. I expect that people working in the tourist industri speaks english as it is a global language. But except from that, I had a nice stay.

The hotel helped me getting in touch with a tour company called The best of Sao Paulo - www.thebestofsaopaulo.com.br. I had my very own tourguide. A very nice lady by the name of Edith Silberstein. Very entusiastic and loves to show of her city. Highly recommendable... We drove for 3 hours, got of and saw some sights and I had a lot of information from her. She really likes to talk :-) The price was 210 Real.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choose Pestana São Paulo and for share your experience at TripAdvisor.
Regarding your comment about the team fluence in other language, we are developing a new program to reinforce the train of our employees.
Sao Paulo has many things to see and to live. We hope to welcome you again.

Sincerely yours,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

It is located in teh Ibirapuera park area. If you will work or visiting that area it a good hotel, but keep in mind that their windows does not open. It does not have easy access to restaurants, but you can go by taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for room that faces the Ibirapuera Park
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana Sao Paulo Hotel.
We would like to explain that our property is located close to the Ibirapuera Park and 4 blocks to Paulista Avenue, where you can find several attractions like Museum, stores, etc. You can also enjoy many bars and restaurants near the hotel, accessible by walking. In your next stay request a neighborhood map at the Reception desk.
Hope to welcome you again. Our hotel will be at your disposal.

Best regard,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This hotel needs modernization. The entrance looks better than it really is. Our room was very simple for a 4 star hotel. I stayed in many different hotels in Sao Paulo and I can tell for sure that there are many 3 star hotels much better than this one. Location is good.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana Sao Paulo and for your feedback.
The hotel is undergoing renovation in the rooms (equipment and decoration) in order to offer more comfort and modernity to our guests. We already have two new floors that you can enjoy in your next visit to São Paulo.
We will be always at your entire disposal.

Best Regards,
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was a bit hesitant to stay here after reading all the bad TA reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. We booked on the Visa Hotel Clubs website and got a good discount. On arrival, I asked if we could upgrade to a renovated room and they said this would cost 50 reals. We paid this and we were very impressed with our room. It was clean and modern. The breakfast spread was great. There are also a number of interesting things you can do in walking distance, like avenida paulista and ibernuera park.

Room Tip: Pay the 50 reals and upgrade your room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am furious with this hotel. I stayed for 2 nights and woke up after the first night with 13 bed bug bites on my legs and 1 on my right arm. In the 2 weeks since, these bites have swelled into sores that are both ugly and itchy. The photos I posted were taken a week after and the sores are now worse.

I should have suspected something wrong when I walked into the room and there was a musky smell. The beds are the old, thin mattress type that you would not see in a better hotel. Clearly since the aircons are turned off when there is no guest in the room, the rooms are damp and perfect for bed bugs to flourish.

This is a truly disgusting experience and the worst in my entire life. I have never experienced bed bugs in any hotel in Asia, Europe or North America. I have also stayed in many other hotels in Brazil and the rest of S America with never any problems. Frankly I think the Pestano should be shut down until they sort out their pest control.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Pestana Sao Paulo? Share your experiences!