“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo

You added L'Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo to your Saves list
L'Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Al. Campinas 266 | Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01404-000, Brazil   |
Offers & Announcements
R$400 (BRL)
Ranked #6 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversay at L'Hotel and we lovedit! All the staff is very kind and efficient. We booked a special package of celebration that includes dinner and breakfast. It was perfect. I do recommend this hotel for a romantic celebration!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in November 2012 and last two weeks in June 2013 and I have been always very satisfied. Their staff is numerous, kind and very efficient. Excellent service, very good breakfast (included in the price of the room).
Point to improve: some details in the bathroom ("robinetterie" that can be improved in some of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent one night here at the end of a 2 week business trip where I had stayed at 3 other hotels in 3 different cities, so when I arrived at the L'Hotel Porto Bay it felt like a place I could finally relax before flying back to San Francisco the following night. I had also been recovering from a cold/cough that week, so I was quite happy to spend time in my hotel and rest. I had heard about having to take various security measures when walking around Sao Paolo, and I did not have the energy to be so guarded about my personal safety.

One comment that I wanted to share with the general manager: as a female traveler I am not comfortable when the receptionist announces my hotel room number out loud when they give me my room key. I understand that they have very good security at this property; however, I feel safer when my room number is written on the room key jacket and I am able to read it for myself. The same with restaurant staff that request my room number when I charge my meals to my room - I prefer to write my room number than announce it out loud in a public place.

The food and service at the restaurants were very good. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I used the spa in the evening (hot tubs/sauna) and had a shiatsu massage in the late afternoon before having to catch my flight. After staying in hotels for two weeks that did not have gyms, it felt luxurious to use their spa facility and have it all to myself.

I've heard that this part of Sao Paolo is really nice; however, I was at the property for less than 24 hours and did not have any time (or energy) to explore the area. I enjoyed my stay at the L'Hotel Porto Bay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel in the morning but could check in early which was much appreciated. The room was comfortable and service outstanding. The desk provided great advice about transportation, local attractions and museums. The staff at the front desk spoke English and some were very fluent which had not been the case at hotels in the four other cities we stayed at in Brazil. Everyone seemed dedicated to making our stay a pleasant one. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. We also had a late lunch at the restaurant which was excellent. The food was prepared well and attractively presented. The hotel has a small pool which we used once. It is more for relaxing than swimming. The Internet worked and was included for no extra charge. We loved this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

In Brazil what's considered 5 star at a premium price wouldn't last too long in other parts of the world. This hotel was no exception. The fittings in the room were a bit tacky and loose. We waited until 2:30pm before the room was ready. The staff however were very nice and friendly. Great massage therapist.

• Stayed June 2013
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had nothing to do with booking the hotel as it was part of a trade mission. However, I couldn't have asked for anything nicer. Since this was a business trip, I had meetings all over the city and as many reviewers have stated, the traffic is horrendous in Sao Paulo. However, having this property to come back to was a great way to begin and end the day. Breakfast was awesome. I enjoy a healthy breakfast and the selection of Brazilian fruit was stellar. In addition, I had dinner there one evening and the meal was well presented and prepared. On the restaurant level, there is a nice bar that serves great caipirinhas. In the evening, there is usually someone in that same area playing the piano accompanied by a singer presenting a good representation of famous Brazilian Bossa Nova. Overall, it was an excellent stay in a comfortable room and I wouldnt hesitate to stay there on a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love the family atmosphere of this upmarket, comfortable hotel. It is well situated close to Avenida Paulista. The staff are absolutely lovely, and so helpful. I was travelling on my own for my first 2 days in Sao Paulo(SP), and they really looked after me: making sure they had clearly marked my planned routes on my map, advising me on good coffee shops, museums, shopping. On my return from a day of exploring SP, they were interested in what the highlights had been for me. All of the reception and concierge staff spoke excellent English. The breakfast was simply delicious, and my room was very quiet and comfortable, with a good view. Excellent value. I look forward to returning to L'Hotel when I'm next in SP.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to L'Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo? Share your experiences!