“Excellent Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Downtown

You added Comfort Hotel Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Araujo 141 Consolacao, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01220-020, Brazil (Republica)   |
Ranked #102 of 309 Hotels in Sao Paulo
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The room was nice, clean, comfortable and quiet. The Staff were not very friendly but not rude either. over all a great and awsome stay at this hotel. I traveled and stayed here in 2010 and I am traveling again this year 2012.
This Hotel is RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GGERALCHD, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Pedro.

Thanks for helping us and choose the Comfort Hotel Downtown. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you again and be able to thank him personally.

Daniela Moris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

İt is a good value for maney in the busttling part of the city of sao paulo. İt is cheap. This hotel generaly is camfortable but staff coul be more polite

• Stayed April 2011
Louren

Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The bathroom is dirty (use your flip flops to shower), the walls have mold under the curtains, the paint have fallen off in some parts, the towels are old (some with a couple of holes) and the room is dirty (specially in the corners).
The front desk is kind and efficient and the hotel is near to a subway station.
There is free parking if needed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Paula

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for informing suffered, we are renovating the hotel, is a time consuming process but we are working on improvements. I am at your disposal to do what is necessary.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed here for four days in May 2011 on a business trip part of a large group.

Arriving early in the morning didn't phase them: room ready and indeed straight into breakfast (it was that early) as they held the room overnight and hadn't cancelled booking. OK: had told them in advance. Very busy front desk but staff were helpful and some spoke English or Spanish.

Room was perfectly OK. High enough up to avoid any street noise but still with oxygen. Two double beds; very good size room, easy to walk around and clean. Bed firm and comfortable.. excellent mattress. Nice full size sofa Not a great view but it gave a flavour of SP.

Bathroom. not quite up to the same standard: looking tired with limited "extras". If one improvement needed it is to the bathrooms.

Had slight scare on last morning when I managed to lock passport and tickets into the room safe and not be able to open it. I really wonder why I bother with those small safes. Anyway the services guys turned up; worked on it and finally drilled out the lock with a speeddrill and panic over.

Wandered up to the roof: fantastic views and was sorry to not have stayed longer to use the rooftop pool.

Walked around the neighbourhood, felt safe. Great street art!

Can see why the hotel gets such a good rating.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
KontikiLondoner

Columbia, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

After using this site for years to filter out hotels for business trips (and leisure), I have rarely (maybe only once) been disappointed with a high ranked TA hotel that I stayed in. However, just based on the rating for this one hotel, I am beginning to question the wisdom of that (or at least will be MUCH more wary of ratings in the future).

I understand how the site works, it's not the TA management assigning rankings here, it's actual customers. BUT, to indicate, no matter the formula, that this particular hotel is 5th best in SP is just ludicrous.

I am not even going to go into many details, because there wasn't really one specific point of discontent for me....just that the entire, overall experience was crappy. From the awful shower fixtures, to the worst beds I have ever slept on in my life (single, mind you), to the nasty carpets, dirty walls, and horrible hall colors...I can list 10 hotels off the top of my head that are so much better than this one, and not much more expensive.

The location, for business OR pleasure, IMO, is downright bad. This is in the middle of a terrible part of downtown, with drug addicts and hookers surrounding the hotel. Basically one of the red light districts (maybe that explains the high rating? Businessmen like it for their nooky fix?)

I HOPE this is just one more anomaly in TA ratings, but certainly I would suggest management take a good hard look at the positive reviews on this one.

Business travelers, don't even think about this one. I was even embarrassed to tell my clients who asked where I was staying this time!

Room Tip: My best tip to get a good room: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Edder.

Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The room, the service, the food, housekeeping, laundry service, and the location were excellent. The hotel has a restaurant that offers free breakfast and your choice of menu items or buffet for lunch and dinner. There is even a small grocery store right across the street.
The neighborhood is just OK, considering you are located in a very large city. Safety concerns are that of any major USA city.
You can reach the hotel from the airport (GRU) via the Red & Blue airport bus for only 33 Reals.
I highly recommend this hotel for both business and vacation travelers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Audipilot.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. Fridge has space for your own stuff. In-room safe. Shower, not bath - bath products are very poor, and you only get one towel - but the bathroom's otherwise fine.

I was pleasantly surprised to be allowed to check in at 6.45am. Some front desk staff speak English; they are very polite and helpful regardless.

Opposite the hotel is a 24-hour Econ supermarket to stock up on water and supplies.

Location is off the west side of Républica square, two minutes' walk from Républica metro or from the first stopping point of the international airport bus. These two minutes are fine in daylight, sketchy after dark, and outright dangerous after midnight - so don't be tempted to walk the four minutes home from the gay bars around Vieira Carvalho, just get a taxi - they are cheap and plentiful.

I'm not usually a fan of the grossly inconsistent Comfort chain, but this one's a decent one. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Kenny.

Daniela Moris

Been to Comfort Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!